Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. Ms. Chumki GhosalYour feedback matters!
Hi If sugar is fasting 92.3 and fasting urine is nil and post sugar is 215.2 and post sugar urine is 0.5 is controlled by good diet and exercise please suggest me.
I am a 15 years old girl. Am little bit fatty. How to tone my body? Please tell me the effective workouts!
Why my weight not gain? 53 kg only from 2012 till yet. What can I do? Give me very best tablets for weight gain.
I want to gain size with out using supplement in 2mnth now my weight is 65 I want to make my weight 74 78 in upcoming 3mnth is it possible .if yes than please give me size gaining plan.
Now I am 22 years old I have very low my body weight around 46 to 48 kg. How can I increase my weight very fast? Give me some suggestions which medicine is best or give me the best tablet names for fast weight gain.
I am 34 year old and have pain in my lower leg and my weight is 110 kg and My height is 6 ft and also I want to reduce my weight by 15 kg without using any harmful medicine.
My % transferrin saturation is 11.72%.what kind of effect in my body. & my creatinine- serum is 1.14 mg/dl.
My lipoprotein level is 94 where as normal should be below 30. Can you please suggest me preventive step to lower the level.
I am 55 years old. I am diabetic since last 26 years. Taking insulin [14 pts. Lantus & 8 pts. Novorapid in morning at 9.30 am and 6 pts novorapid in evening at 8 pm] and galvusmet 50+500 (1bd) all prior to meal. In night at around 3 am, I feel severe urge for sweets which I take because otherwise i'll not be able to sleep again. This causes high fasting sugar (around 160). I want to get rid of this sudden urge for sweets at night. Also, I feel burning & pricking sensation in both my foot soles. Kindly suggest proper medicines, if any.
Good afternoon everybody. I am Dr Anirban Biswas and I am a diabetologist, practising in South Delhi. Today we are going to discuss the screening and diagnosis of Prediabetes and Diabetes.
Most of my patients send me their reports and tell and that they have a fasting sugar of 128 and a PP sugar of 142, whether they are diabetic or not. So, by listening today's topic, you will be able to know whether you are a diabetic or not. Let me tell you first that diabetes is a deadly disease and as you all know that India is a diabetic capital of the whole world. Every 7th second, one person dies due to diabetes in this world. And it is a huge burden on us. And most of the diabetic care and treatment is born by the patients in India. On an average Rs, 10,000 per year is the annual cost of the treatment without any complication. So, it is a huge amount, hence, we need to find out whether we have diabetes or not.
So, the first thing is that whether you have diabetes or not. So, the first question is that if anybody can have diabetes? So the answer to this question is that, yes anyone can suffer from Diabetes. There are some symptoms of Diabetes, those are;
- Weight loss
- Excessive urination
But often, diabetes is silent. It has been found out by various researchers that half of the population does not know that they are diabetic patients. Not only in India but also in the US. It is very important to find out that who are diabetic. It is a very simple way to find out whether you are diabetic, pre diabetic or have normal sugar level.
The value what I am going to tell you that how you get to know that you are diabetic.
- First thing is the fasting blood glucose. This can be done in any lab. So, you can go in the morning without taking any meal. One thing you need to remember that if your fasting blood glucose is less than 100 then it is normal. If your fasting blood glucose is between 100-126 mg then you are prediabetic. And if the fasting blood sugar is more than 126 then it means that you are a diabetic patient.
- The second way to know whether you are diabetic or not is the HBA1C. It is also known as Glycosylated Haemoglobin. Again it is a routine test which is done in all the labs. If the value of HBA1C is below 5.7 then you are non-diabetic, if the HBA1C level is between 5.7- 6.5 then you are prediabetic. And if the HBA1C level is above 6.5 then you are a diabetic patient.
- The other test is OSTT, which is done at a certain level when there is some amount of doubt. The Oral GTT test is by means 75 g of glucose is fed to you and the sugar is checked after 2 hours. So, after 2 hours of feeding the glucose, if the sugar level is less than 140 then you are normal. If the sugar level is between 140-200, then you are prediabetic, and if the value is more than 200 then you are diabetic.
Which individual should get screened for diabetic and pre diabetic?
Any individual above the age of 40 years. And from your weight and height, anybody can calculate the BMI ( Body Mass Index). If the BMI is more than 23 then you should go for screening even if your age is not 40+. If you have symptoms of Diabetes, or if any blood relative is having diabetes or is pre-diabetic should go for a checkup.
And last but not the least, who has a history of GDM i.e, Gestational Diabetes Mellitus which is very common in females throughout the whole world, after the pregnancy they should regularly get screened for diabetes. So these are the people who should get screened for Diabetes. And by getting a screen from Diabetes we can save ourselves from the complications of Diabetes.
Diabetes can cause so many complications, especially the cardiac and heart-related complications. You can have a stroke, heart attack, neuropathy, kidney failure, also you can have blindness or retinopathy, amputations i.e, your arm or leg can be cut because of diabetes.
So friends may be with this I can conclude that you have learnt something from my talk. And please remember that you should get yourself screen with diabetes. Next I will talk about the type of Diabetes.
If you want to consult me or have any query, You can contact me through Lybrate.
I have very low weight. Height 5feet but weight is 36. Feeling very weak for 2 months. How to gain weight and stamina?
Glaucoma is a group of diseases that can lead to damage to the eye's optic nerve and result in blindness. Open-angle glaucoma, the commonest form of glaucoma, has no symptoms at first. However, over the years it can steal your sight. With early treatment, you can usually protect your eyes against serious vision loss and blindness. Most people over the age of 40 should have an annual eye check, which includes measurement of eye pressure and assessment of the optic nerve, this is more important if you have a family history of glaucoma.
Hi sir I'm shaik Mohammed pasha and I'm 23 years old sir I want to know how to loose the weight and increase the stamina please tell me sir.
Sir I am 18 year old, I go gym after 5 week and then I see my weight goes very low. How can gain weight with doing workout?
I am Dr. Vandana Verma. I am a clinical nutritionist and a physical therapist. I excel at weight loss managements and deal with patients struggling from metabolic disorders by providing them therapeutic diets.
Today we are going to talk about Obesity. Being slim does not necessarily mean that you are healthy. And yes, obesity is the house of mostly all the problems. If you are obese you tend to have more of the metabolic problems than any normal person.
What is the major reason for obesity?
The major reason for obesity is lifestyle. Now-a- days, we do not have time for our own self. We forget about going to the gym or going for a walk or anything like that. So today I am going to share few simple tips with you which you can inculcate in your normal routine and yes, it is going to help you to reduce weight.
- The first tip I am going to share with you is portion meals. So, Cutting calories is the main aim in this tip but, Yes, it is done in a very fun way. Try taking smaller plates rather than taking a bigger plate. If you are putting your food, try putting it in a smaller plate. What will happen is that you will have a feeling that yes, you are eating a full plate but yes, your quantity is decreasing day by day. Thus the calories are going to decrease. Also in the same way, while you are having a beverage, take a tall glass rather than a small and wide glass. The quantity is going to be less but yes, it is going to show you that you are having a bigger glass.
- The second tip which I can share with you is slow down. It is a proven fact that your brain records that yes your tummy is full or your satiety level receives the signal after twenty minutes of your eating food. So, whenever you are eating, eat slow. If you are eating very fast, it will just lead to another serving. You will have to just take another serving very soon. But if you are eating slow, chew properly, your digestion is going to improve, your brain is going to receive the signals in about 20 minutes and also it will help you in eating lesser.
- Then the third point which we can take care of is smaller meals. Take a number of small spaced meals but nutritionally balanced.
So, what will this help you in?
It is going to increase your metabolic system, it will increase your energy levels throughout the day. You are going to get constant energy after every few hours. Yet your metabolism is increasing and your calorie is going to burn first. So, smaller meals is the key for a healthy day. Then the next point which we can take care of is to have plenty of fluids. Have a lot of water, have a lot of green tea, herbal tea. This is going to decrease the water attention of your body. Also, this is going to help you fight anger. Because at times, we think that we are hungry but no, we are thirsty at times. So, whenever you are going to have a glass or two full of water, you are gonna feel less hungry. Treat yourself, finally. After doing all this throughout the day yes everybody has some or the other irresistible food which we really want to have. It can be your mom made paratha /curry chawal/rajma chawal .
Yes I totally and It will strengthen your metabolic system, it will increase your energy levels throughout the day, your metabolism will increase and will burn out more calories.
- So, smaller meals are the key for a healthy day. Next point to take care of is to have plenty of fluids.
- Have plenty of water, green teas, herbal teas. This will help in decrease the water retention in your body. It will also help you to fight hunger.
- Also after going through this routine, make sure you treat yourself once a week as this helps in increasing your metabolism.
These are simple tips which will help you decreasing your weight but if you are fighting against obesity you can consult me over Lybrate.