Lybrate.com has top trusted Dietitian/Nutritionists from across India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. Mrs. Priyanka SaxenaYour feedback matters!
She is having bleeding since 1 month now yesterday it stopped. She consulted a going over here. Done blood tests thyroid test. All are normal. Haemoglobin is 8.and after doing sonography there is a 3.5*2.3 cyst in uterus and fibroids of 1.8 cm so can you suggest any medication for curing this. And removing cyst without surgery?
Hi doctor. I have a habit of smoking. so what precautions should I can take to cure my health. I Am going swimming and running. But the breathing is very fast. please tell. Thank you for keep this facilities.
I am vipin I am 24 year old boy and I have obesity problem last year what I do please tell me doctor.
I am on diabetes medicine 1. Glyciphage 850 mg mor and eve and 2. eltroxin 50 mg for thyroid. Current nos of diabetes are Fasting - 159 and PP - 251 Also I have certain red color dots which are little itchy sort of (ring worms or jock itch). Please advice medicine on the same I am having lot of travelling stress of 2 hrs daily commutation.
How can I improve in my body because I am very thin and weak so I am feeling shame also please give me a solution.
Can any one suggest the medicine to gain weight. 23years old 53weight, 5.10height male. South indian (Bangalore)
I am 23 yes old. My height is 5'5" and weight 69kg. I need to reduce my weight. I go for evening walk daily i. E. 4 kms. BT its not working so much. And I am a kind of lazy person n find difficult to exercise. I avoid rice n oily foods. please suggest me how to reduce weight.
Sir my weight is very low. My height is 5.2inch and my weight is 52 kg. I am very thin. What is solutions which wright increased. Please reply me. What I eat which benefit my health. Please reply me sir.
One should think logical and practically before jumping into unknown terrains. It's always better to know your body and it's nature as each individual is born with a unique identity (due to the role played by genetics).
The metabolic rate differs from person to person and so there cannot be a one plan that fits all regarding weight loss or weight gain.
Some important points to be noted.
Always check with your physician and see that you are fit to reduce or gain weight.
Infact it very important to confirm that you are overweight or underweight before you start anything!
See that you do not suffer from thyroid problems, diabetes or hypertension or any other illnesses.
Ensure that any change in lifestyle (including dieting and exercising) is comfortable for you and does not cause pain or discomfort.
There are no short cuts for success. It can be dangerous to use supplements or steroids, or even thinking of starvation or avoiding a particular nutrient in order to achieve fast results.
Use common-sense in taking important decisions. If some body promises miraculous changes without a scientific basis and that too in a short period if time, be aware! it can cause more damage than the promised benefits in the future.
Always stick to a balanced diet as the body requires all the nutrients.
Always include exercise whether it's weight loss or weight gain.
Always prefer natural ingredients over artificial ones.
Keep good hydration (your thirst should be the best indicator). When you are thirsty please drink plain and clean water and nothing else. An average of 8-10 glasses of water would be sufficient. If you are active and do workouts (exercise) then you can increase a few more glasses of water.
Avoid all junk food, fried food, very salty food, ready-made juices, sodas (cold drinks) tobacco and alcohol.
Eat freshly prepared food only. Have green salads, sprouts, whole grains (all types of grains), pulses, seeds, nuts, fruits and vegetables so that there is a good portion of all the nutrients in your diet.
Keep a track of your progress. Keep checking the vital parameters once in a week so that you are safe and healthy. And enjoy the process of transformation which should be slow and study. You should remember that it's not a competition with anybody but a conscious decision to stay fit and healthy which should make you happy and motivated.
I have a desk job and in the last two years my weight has goes up form 75 kgs to 85 I want to lose weight please help me.
I am Sonali. I am in 22 years old. Imy weight 40 kg. I am eating meal according to my he. BT I am unable to gain weight. Kindly suggest me how can I gain weight. Suggest me any medicines which don't HV any side effect on my body.
Insulin is the most common treatment prescribed for people affected with diabetes. Diabetes is condition where high amounts of glucose prevail in the blood for an extended period of time. However, there are some drugs that offer an alternative to insulin in treating diabetes, which are:
- Liraglutide: Liraglutide is a glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) drug that causes the body to release greater amounts of insulin so as to facilitate the movement of glucose from the blood to the cells. People with type 2 diabetes generally use this treatment. It slows the digestion process and can cause symptoms of headache and nausea.
- Pramlintide: It's an artificially produced version of amylin. It is taken by both type 1 and type 2 diabetic patients, facilitates slower digestion of food and therefore, controls release of sugar in the blood. It can cause tiredness and nausea.
- Dulaglutide:This treatment is for people affected with type 2 diabetes and it is administered once a week. It causes more insulin to be released and pass the glucose to the cells. It can cause loss of appetite, nausea and abdominal cramps as side effects.
- Albiglutide: This treatment facilitates pancreas to release insulin and limits the glucagon hormone production. It is used by type 2 diabetes patients who have not taken well to other treatments. The side effects are skin reaction, respiratory tract infection and nausea.
- Exenatide: It is a drug that causes pancreas to release insulin that facilitates movement of glucose to cells. It is a treatment for type 2 diabetes and it restricts release of glucagon in the body. The possible side effects are acidity, constipation and vomiting.
Related Tip: "Living Well with Type 2 Diabetes"
Tuberculosis happened to be a life threatening disease till some years ago. Now, it is curable with medication, however there is very little awareness about the same. It is crucial that awareness is spread to put a stop to this disease. TB spreads through infection, so a simple sneeze or a cough can also be hazardous. Here is how you can stop the spreading:
1. Curb the Spread - If someone already has tuberculosis, they need to cover their mouths when coughing or sneezing. This is actually a habit everyone should follow, as there are many people in whom the tuberculosis virus exists but is dormant.
2. Don’t let it activate - If you have latent tuberculosis, where you have none of the symptoms yet have been identified, you need to take the medication prescribed so that it doesn’t become active.
3. Complete the course - TB is curable but only when medications are taken regularly, strictly, and as prescribed.
4. Avoid exposure to the infected people - People who have been exposed to TB patients should get themselves tested. Remember it spreads through infection; patients need not be kept in isolation if taking proper care and medication.
5. Boost your immunity - Ensure that your own immunity is strong. People with low immunity are at extreme risk of contracting tuberculosis. Take special care if you are a caretaker of someone being treated for tuberculosis, if you do drug and/or alcohol abuse, if you live in crowded spaces like shelters, etc.
6. Improve your lifestyle - Lead a healthy lifestyle by eating healthy, exercising often, reducing alcohol consumption, sleeping well and maintaining good hygiene.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.