Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Weight Management Treatment
Customised Diet Chart
Diet Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Treatment
Child Nutrition Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Food Plan Preparation
Healthy Heart Diet
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Treatment Of Restenosis
Asthma Treatment & Management
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Submit a review for Dt. Mrs. Nidhi DhakaYour feedback matters!
Is it healthy to consume fish, chicken and mutton in one meal? some people say that it is not healthy to combine fish and curd in a meal. Is it safe to give my 4 year old daughter the combination of fish and curd in a meal and chicken, mutton and fish. If it is not safe what happens?
How to increase the weight? i'm 21 year old and height is 186cm and weight is just 60kg. Tell me the food that helps to increase the weight and medical assistance if any.
Sir my age is 32, my height is 5'10" & weight is 65. I want to increase my weight. Some people told take amway protein power. Some told take pattanjali ayurved Musli pak (aswagandha, shatavari, safe Musli mix. So which is good for me.
I m 16 year old what I should do to gat fit and full of energy and stamina in my body bcz I am very weak and lack of stamina.
I am 26 years old and a very active working lady. Want to loose some pounds and then want to maintain it. After joining gym I am having various problems like severe hairfall, acne. I am very fond of eatings dates, figs etc. please tell me a good diet chart and hoe to eat these dry fruits and in what quantity so that I don't gain weight and get aal the benefits of such fruits.
Foods that you must eat to gear up your metabolism and they will help you lose weight:
- Protein rich foods: Protein rich foods, such as meat, fish, eggs, dairy, legumes, nuts and seeds, could help increase your metabolism for a few hours. They do so by requiring your body to use more energy to digest them. This is known as the thermic effect of food (TEF). The TEF refers to the number of calories needed by your body to digest, absorb and process the nutrients in your meals. Research shows that protein-rich foods increase TEF the most. Protein-rich diets also reduce the drop in metabolism often seen during weight loss by helping your body hold on to its muscle mass. What’s more, protein may also help keep you fuller for longer, which can prevent overeating.
- Iron, zinc and selenium rich foods: Iron, zinc and selenium each play different but equally important roles in the proper function of your body. However, they do have one thing in common: all three are required for the proper function of your thyroid gland, which regulates your metabolism. Research shows that a diet too low in iron, zinc or selenium may reduce the ability of your thyroid gland to produce sufficient amounts of hormones. This can slow down your metabolism. To help your thyroid function to the best of its ability, include zinc, selenium and iron rich foods like meat, legumes, nuts and seeds in your daily menu.
- Chilli peppers: Capsaicin, a chemical found in Chilli peppers, may boost your metabolism by increasing the number of calories and fat you burn. Capsaicin may have appetite-reducing properties.
- Coffee: Studies report that the caffeine found in coffee can help increase metabolic rate by up to 11%. Furthermore, caffeine may also help your body burn fat for energy and seems especially effective at boosting your workout performance. However, its effects seem to vary from person to person, based on individual characteristics such as body weight and age.
- Tea: According to research, the combination of caffeine and catechins that’s found in tea may work to boost your metabolism. In particular, both oolong and green tea may increase metabolism by 4–10%. This could add up to burning an extra 100 calories per day. In addition, oolong and green teas may help your body use stored fat for energy more effectively, increasing your fat-burning ability by up to 17%. Nevertheless, as is the case with coffee, effects may vary from person to person.
- Legumes and pulses: Legumes and pulses, such as lentils, peas, chickpeas, beans and peanuts, are particularly high in protein compared to other plant foods. Studies suggest that their high protein content requires your body to burn a greater number of calories to digest them, compared to lower-protein foods. Legumes also contain a good amount of dietary fiber, such as resistant starch and soluble fiber, which your body can use to feed the good bacteria living in your intestines. Legumes are also high in arginine, an amino acid that may increase the amount of carbs and fat your body can burn for energy. In addition, peas and lentils also contain substantial amounts of the amino acid glutamine, which may help increase the number of calories burned during digestion.
- Metabolism boosting spices: Certain spices are thought to have particularly beneficial metabolism-boosting properties. For instance, research shows that dissolving 2 grams of ginger powder in hot water and drinking it with a meal may help you burn up to 43 more calories than drinking hot water alone. This hot ginger drink also seems to decrease levels of hunger and enhance feelings of satiety. Similarly, adding cayenne pepper to your meal may increase the amount of fat your body burns for energy, especially following a high-fat meal. However, this fat-burning effect may only apply to people unaccustomed to consuming spicy foods.
- Apple cider vinegar: Apple cider vinegar may increase your metabolism. In one study, mice given vinegar experienced an increase in the AMPK enzyme, which prompts the body to decrease fat storage and increase fat burning. In another study, obese rats treated with vinegar experienced an increase in the expression of certain genes, leading to reduced liver fat and belly fat storage. Apple cider vinegar help you lose weight in other ways, such as slowing stomach emptying and enhancing feelings of fullness. If you’d like to give apple cider vinegar a try, be careful to limit your daily consumption to two tablespoons (30 ml).
- Coconut Oil: Coconut oil is experiencing a surge in popularity. That may be partly because coconut oil is high in medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs). This is contrary to most other types of fats, which usually contain higher amounts of long-chain fatty acids. Unlike long-chain fats, once MCTs are absorbed, they go directly to the liver to be turned into energy. This makes them less likely to be stored as fat. In addition, researchers report that a daily intake of 30 ml of coconut oil may successfully reduce waist size in obese individuals.
- Water: Drinking enough water is a great way to stay hydrated. Additionally, it seems that drinking water may also temporarily boost metabolism by 24–30%. About 40% of that increase may come from your body trying to match the water’s temperature to its own. Yet, the effects only seem to last for 60–90 minutes after drinking it and may vary from one person to another.
I am 26 years old and 65 kgs. I am taking homeopathy medicine for slimming. But one of my family doctor advised not to take any medicines for slimming. And I have also heard that homeopathy medicines has no side effects so shall I continue with my medicine or will effect my brain or body in any ways.
I am 20 year old but my weight is not increasing it is onle 50 kg .what should I fow. My height is 170cmy.
How to gain mass, I have skinny body. And I am pure veg., many people suggested eat egg but I can't. Please tell how to improve.
Burning sensation in chest which is more severe when I lie down for sleep. Sometimes also feel heaviness in chest area. This is happening for more than a year now. I feel completely ok after having aciloc 150 tablet. The problem is same again after 24 hrs. Kindly advise proper treatment.
I am 56 years old and have diabetes (fasting 136 and pp 124) for the last 3 years and also have thyroid (6.5). Please Advise.
I am 23 yr old. What can I do for gaining my physical weight. Now its just 48 kg while my height around 162 cm.
I am a 17 years old boy. And my problem is that my weight is only 52 kg. Give a suitable diet to gain 8-10 kg within a couple of month. Thank you.
Most people are highly bothered about being overweight, but nobody is bothered about underweight risks. The real fact is that both overweight and underweight conditions are extreme kinds of health conditions, and both are very much risky and can create innumerable health complications.
Being underweight is not only common among kids, but sometimes adults also become the victims of the same. Therefore, if you want to get complete freedom from the risks that are associated with being underweight, then you have to rely on homeopathic treatment.
Some of the homeopathic medicines for weight gain are:
If you think that only healthy eating is the only solution to improve your weight, then you are wrong. Rather you have to choose an option that can remove the trouble directly from within. In this case, you can discuss with your homeopathic doctor for possible medicines and ways which not only help you in increasing your weight, but your overall health condition can also be improved to a great extent.
- Ignatia: Different kinds of eating disorders, especially bulimia and anorexia causing underweight troubles can be completely eliminated by this specific drug from the homeopathy world. Fear of increased weight can be removed, and you can lead a healthy lifestyle with the usage of this remedy in a consistent manner. On the other hand, emotional health can also be effectively stimulated so that you can think positive all the time. Excessive appetite suppression can be eliminated by Ignatia, and this is the reason it is now getting the highest recommendation for gaining of weight.
- Lycopodium: Both adolescents and children who are suffering from underweight troubles for a long time are often recommended to use this homeopathic medicine for getting speedy results. Digestive health can be improved, and food habits can be corrected so that you can have sufficient food amounts, which are required for maintaining your health condition.
- Alfalfa tonic: This homeopathic tonic has got innumerable benefits and this is why doctors are prescribing the same to underweight patients. Weight can be gained and appetite can be improved. Patients having balmia, nervous indigestion and malnutrition can be efficiently treated by means of this tonic, but in this case the tonic needs to be taken on a regular basis.
- Sepia: Normal appetite can be easily restored by this medicine and thus you can have a balanced weight. Sometimes, hormonal imbalance causes appetite loss and this kind of unhealthy condition can be regulated by this medicine.