Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. Mrs. Nidhi DhakaYour feedback matters!
Chilies have always been known as ingredients that add spice to indian food. Without chilies, any indian food cuisine is incomplete. Both have distinct tastes and also have different health benefits. Here's a comparison between the two:
Red Chilli: Red chilies are dried and then used in food a preparation. It is spicier or hotter than green chilies.
- Source of iron absorption - Red chilies contain a good proportion of iron which is very good for blood health. They also have a lot of vitamin c that helps the body in absorbing iron
- Burns calories - They produce heat in the body that directly burns down calories, just like heat generated due to exercise
- Relieves from congestion - In india red chilies are provided to a person for consumption when he is suffering from cold. It relieves congestion and helps is better respiration
- Reduces blockage in arteries - They are very powerful antioxidants that clear any blockages in the arteries or blood vessels.
Green Chilli: Green chilies are more subtle in taste and are used as fresh spices in various food preparations.
- Manages blood sugar levels - Green chilies tackle high blood sugar levels and control it if consumed regularly
- Promotes digestion - Owing to the various fibers found in them, they help in better digestion
- Good for skin - Green chilies being rich in vitamin e is a very good spice for a clean and healthy skin
- Very good for heart - Due to a considerable proportion of beta-carotene in green chilies the cardiovascular systems stays strong and the heart too stays healthy
- Both chilies have great benefits and consuming both in permitted quantities is only good for health.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on Consult.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
I'm 22 year. My weight is just 62. I am very upset. I'm a newly mother. My baby is just 11 month. I have my 1st baby. My tummy is very loose &big so how do manage my weight & tummy. Pls ans me?
I am a 23 year old girl. Since last one year there is continuous decrease in my weight. I take proper food n drink good among of water also than also it is decreasing. Even medicines r not working. What should I do.
I am 28. My problem is I feel vary lazy. Last 12 months I put on 10 kg weight. What I should do to feel active and reduce my weight?
I am 60 yrs old,weighi ng 90 kgs. My hight is 5feet 10 inches sound health, no sugar,bp problem. Intake of food is very less. Still am worried about weight. It is weighing me down. Please suggest?
Hi sir, madam One of my friend is getting fat he and his weight also getting increase he is in deprecation please can you suggest him for any tablet of syrup for is weight loss please sir. Madam.
My weight become very high day by day. Now I am 70 kg. What should I do to loose my weight. My age is 18. Please give me suggestion for a better healthy life.
I have a fever for 2 days with headache, I do not know what to do, my full body is so weak, pls help me!
I am very weak and my weight is 52kg only. I want to increase my weight. So what should I do to increase my weight very fastly. Please help me.
Hie I am 23 years old boy and I am exercising daily means m working out daily but m nt able to build my body as per my workout please suggest me some diet plan to increase my muscle power and gaining muscle. Doc please do help me. N thnx a lot.
I am 27 years old. My weight is 60 I want to reduce it but very less control on my eating habits is possible hw shud I do it.
How long does alcohol stay in your blood? Can I drink alcohol if I'm taking antidepressants? Can I drink alcohol if I'm taking painkillers? How much alcohol can I drink before driving?
I am 42 years old lady. My height is 5.3 feet & weight is 80 kgs. For reducing my weight I am going to gym for workout since 3 months, & taking oats in the morning with honey, started drinking 4 litres water, taking green tea twice a day, not taking rice. I am having inches loss. So is it good & can I take brown rice. Please suggest some tips for loosing weight rapidly.
The pervasiveness of such a serious disorder can be attributed to its growing significance. In the past few decades there has been extensive research in the field of medical science to analyze and control the causes and symptoms of diabetes. This health condition, if unchecked, can lead one to life threatening disorder.
What is Diabetes?
Diabetes refers to a medical condition where a human body fails to produce the required amount of insulin. Insulin is the hormone that carries glucose to your cells. Insulin accelerates a chemical process that signals cells to receive glucose from the blood. Blood derives glucose by breaking down the food you eat; exercise is considered as an inevitable part of daily life as it helps in deriving energy from food by turning it into glucose and a host of other nutrients. A lack of insulin production leads to an accumulation of sugar in your bloodstream thus making you diabetic. Patients of diabetes suffer from upsetting symptoms. In many cases diabetes is so acute that insulin needs to be injected into a patient's body on a regular basis. Timely diagnosis and reliable medical guidance is important for patients of diabetes.
Prevent yourself from these causes:
- Genetics could lead to diabetes. If there has been a family history you should be more cautious.
- The kind of food you eat has a severe impact on your health. Irregular food habits, frequent consumption of junk food increases the chance of insulin resistance and diabetes. Hence, medical practitioners advice healthy eating habits as a preventive health measure.
- Children these days tend to become couch potatoes as they spend a lot of time watching television. Lack of exercise and subsequent obesity could also trigger diabetes in children and adults.
You may experience the following symptoms
- Low insulin production or complete lack of insulin can result in drastic weight loss.
- You can feel exhausted from moderate exertion.
- You may face vision disorders. Poor eyesight and blurry vision are some of the common symptoms.
- Patients suffering from diabetes have the urge to urinate frequently.
- Patients suffering from diabetes experience excessive thirst
- Sometimes, diabetes patients excessively loose weight
- Small wounds and cuts in diabetes patients take more time to heal