Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Weight Management Treatment
Customised Diet Chart
Diet Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Treatment
Child Nutrition Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Food Plan Preparation
Healthy Heart Diet
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Treatment Of Restenosis
Asthma Treatment & Management
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Submit a review for Dt. Mrs. Karishma AroraYour feedback matters!
As the world has moved and is moving towards a more sedentary lifestyle, where non sedentary jobs have become lesser, posture is something that tends to get affected a lot.
Let's look at how some of these bad body postures can affect your health in the long run:
- Increases depression and stress: Many studies have revealed that walking or sitting in a slouched or generally bad position increases the susceptibility to depression and stress. Slouching or sitting in a bad position and thus developing a bad posture will constrict the body, resulting in the poor blood flow. This may cause you to be irritable and tired and over a long time it will contribute to depression and increased stress levels.
- Bad breathing patterns: The lungs and the rib cage in your body need to be expanded fully to work at their best capacity. However, due to bad body postures, the rib cage and the lungs will be constricted and not be able to work at full capacity. This over time will build up to create long term problems with breathing as well as other resulting health problems.
- Problems with digestion: As is the case with breathing problems, when the body posture is not correct it will also affect digestion. This is so, as bad posture also affects the intestines and if they are pressured or constricted in any way, will affect the entire digestion process. Slouching may also cause you to develop a paunch or belly over time due to a combination of bad postures and digestive problems.
- Developing chronic pain in the back shoulders and neck: This is probably the most common and the most quickly noticeable problem, if you have a bad posture. Most of the population with sedentary lifestyle either currently has or has experienced this problem in their back, shoulders and neck. This is again due to constrictions of the muscles and misalignment of the various bones that support these parts. Long term misalignment could cause deformities that could spiral into problems, which are far worse.
- Headaches caused by muscle tension within the body due to bad postures: This has afflicted most of the sedentary work force all over the work, at some point of time or the other. While sitting in a bad position for a prolonged period, the tension in the muscles will build up releasing chemicals that may contribute to headaches. If these become frequent they could contribute to other health problems such as high blood pressure in the long run.
I am having mild pain in my upper abdomen. I am burping more often. Bloating in stomach after having food. Acid reflux is common mostly in night. When I eat food I get severe pain in upper abdomen. I also noticed some weight loss. Please Advice some medicines.
My weight is 45 kg and age is 21 years old. How to gain weight without any tonic in just 3-4 months. Should I go to gym? Give me diet plan to increase weight.
Sir I am 19 years old. Sir I am suffering from abdominal problem like digestion problem, constipation, less appetite, and all time fullness. Sir how can I get rid of such problem naturally. Sir also suggests me how to gain muscles and how to increase appetite.
Hi sir/madam my self puneeth. N, sir my question is my dad was fat, now suddenly become thin copare to past structure now it has came down to 60% of the past. With out loosing past weight. Past his weight was 73 and now his weight is 70 kg. What is the exact reason for his loosening the fat and what all the test we need to under gone?
Hello .can I take becosules and vitamin c tablet during my workout time. Do it have any side effect. Or how much days should I take it. I do not have any deficiency but for healthy body can I do so.
Hi doctor . I was little fat and my chest looks like a breast. Does it cause any problems in future.
Hii doctor I am 20 year with 70 kg weight and fat over my face , double chin, belly back and thigh too my height is 5.3 I want to loose my weight till 55 kg please tell me wht should I do I luk too odd please tell me any plan.
Dear Doctor, I have a 5 month old baby. I am breast feeding him. What would be considered as an ideal diet for me. I am a vegetarian. I feel that I have not taken proper diet and proper care of him. I have not eaten much fruits o veggies properly, although I have had milk properly during this time. How can I improve my diet. Thank you.
E-coli infection treated with 21 days of ofloxacin 200 and now I am feeling somewhat okay. My prostate and other related parts are normal in shape and size. My doctor advised me to take ALFOO 10 mg for 30 days. Is it ok to take? I am taking it for past 2 days why alfoo is prescribed when I am ok with size of prostate and other related parts, can someone explain briefly please.
I am travelling last few days daily. And I have problem of swinging. I have tried so many home remedies and other things but no effect at all so what can I do then relief my pain.
Hello mam, I am 24 years old and l look like 12 years old by face. I am not fully matured my upper and lower body is skinny but my middle portion like tummy is very fatty. What can I do get all thing proportionate.
I feel stressed and sleepy all the day. Suggest me a gud diet for gud health so that I can work hard.
Homeopathy is an alternative system of medicine which is side-effect free and it aims to cure various ailments by uprooting their cause. It is a relatively gentle system of medicine and its effects start showing gradually with an immune response. Some of the most common myths associated with homeopathy are:
Myth 1: Homeopathic medicines are placebos
Placebos are usually tablets, pills or other such solid oral medications which do not contain an active drug inside them and are ineffective. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), homeopathy is the world's second largest system of medicine. These medicines are not at all useless and they are highly effective as well.
Myth 2: Slow to act and not usable in acute cases
Homeopathic medicines are usually taken in cases of chronic and long-lasting ailments such as arthritis. But there is no such rule that it cannot be taken for curing temporal or viral disorder such as common cold or fever. In fact, they work very well in case of ailments like these and sometimes even faster than allopathic medicine options.
Myth 3: All homeopathic medicines are the same
Due to their physical appearance, all homeopathic medicines might look the same, but in reality, their functionality is very different from each other. Homeopathic medicines usually come from 3000 plant and mineral sources. The most common forms in which homeopathic medicines are manufactured are small, white round pellets, white powder and transparent liquid forms.
Myth 4: Homeopathy is not helpful in surgical issues
Surgical conditions such as hemorrhoids, chronic ear discharge, fissures, and corns are apparently believed to be only treated by allopathic medicines. But this is not the truth. In fact, homeopathy is one of the most effective means of getting rid of your surgery related scars using common agents like calendula.
Myth 5: Homeopathy cannot be combined with allopathy
Normally speaking, allopathic medicines are generally suppressive and they reduce the symptoms occurrences whereas, the homeopathic system is more focused towards going deep to the root cause of the problem and eradicating the same. If taken together, these two systems of medicine will cause you no undesirable side effects and both can work well simultaneously.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Related Tip: Dealing with Migraine through Homeopathy