Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Weight Management Treatment
Customised Diet Chart
Diet Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Treatment
Child Nutrition Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Food Plan Preparation
Healthy Heart Diet
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Treatment Of Restenosis
Asthma Treatment & Management
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
How to gain weight? Tried proteins too but I got rashes then. Any idea how may I do that please help thank you.
Is it okay to have rice to loose weight? Can we have rice for d dinner? M using jaggery instead of white sugar in tea will soon switch to stop.
Today when I got dizziness I went to doctor she checked my pressure and sugar sugar was 186. And she said I am diabetic need to be controlled. But I just took meal 15 min ago. Is this accurate. That I have diabetic. Or I need to check again.
How can lose weight early & easily with good health? & How can improve the stamina as well as hight also?
I have to reduce my weight. Please suggest something good and effective. I have fat on my stomach and sides.
I want a muscular body. And I tried many body build supplement they are not workable. What I can do?
I am 22 yrs old woman. My weight is 103 kg. I want to lose weight anyhow. Please suggest me something.
It is necessary to brush teeth twice a day to maintain dental hygiene. But brushing teeth right after eating food can make your teeth weak. When we are about to take food, our brain starts releasing chemicals. Food enzymes starts releasing into mouth which helps in break down of food. Enzymes released for promoting digestion of food have still some impact even after we have our meal. Tooth grip is somewhat compromised under enzyme effect. So it is advised always brush your teeth atleast 1 hour after the dinner.
The fourth day of Diwali is celebrated as Annakut to thank God for his benevolence. Govardhan Puja is one of the primary rituals associated with this day. The legend behind this festival is centred around a hillock named Govardhan which Krishna lifted to shelter the people living there from torrential rains. Thus, it is celebrated by making small mounds of cow dung that symbolize the hillock and prayers to Lord Govardhan. Cow dung in India is not treated as mere excrement, but has a number of uses. Primary amongst them is the burning of dried cow dung cakes as fuel to cook food in rural households and provide heat. Cow dung is also an excellent fertilizer. In many places, cow dung is also added to mud bricks so as to strengthen the brick and prevent disintegration.
According to Ayurveda, cow dung is germicidal and has healing properties. To this effect, cow dung is mentioned a number of times in ancient Indian scriptures.
1. Cow dung’s antibacterial properties make it a good natural disinfectant. Using cow dung to disinfect an area involves coating the floor with a paste of fresh cow dung. This practice is followed in many rural households throughout India. Burning cakes of dried cow dung are also said to repel insects and mosquitoes.
2. Cow dung is also said to have mood enhancing properties. It contains bacteria named Mycobacterium vaccae which is responsible for activating neurons that produce serotonin. Seratonin is a neurotransmitter that contributes towards making a person feel happy.
3. Dried cow dung is also used to make disinfectant soaps. Some of the ayurvedic practitioners also use cow dung to treat skin ailments. However, you must keep in mind that cow dung does contain bacteria and hence should not be applied on skin that is cut or raw.
4. Even the ash produced by cow dung has beneficial uses. This ash when added to pond water is also said to balance the acidity in the water and regulate pH levels. Dry ash absorbs oil and fat and hence is also used as a cleaning agent.
Here are some other medicinal uses of cow dung:
1. According to some ancient scripts, cow dung ash can be used to strengthen gums and clean teeth.
2. Cow dung is an excellent disinfectant and mosquito repellent. This is the reason why the walls of the houses were coated with cow dung in the ancient times.
3. The cow dung can be used a body back in order to detoxify the body.
4. It is also said to be very helpful in preventing pimples.
5. Cow dung is also known to improve blood circulation.
6. It also helps in keeping the infections from spreading.
7. Ayurvedic medicines made out of cow dung also work wonders in treating indigestion problems.
However, if one chooses to use cow dung to treat an ailment or cleanse the body in any way, it should be done only under the supervision of an Ayurvedic doctor.
I am a sports person and my weight is 80KG I just wanted to know what weight I should have and if its more or less. How can I improve and what healthy diet I should follow.
If male reproductive capacity is affected due to any malfunction, it is known as impotency. It may include inability to perform sexual actions as well as inability or disorder to produce children. The condition may accompany mental or physical conditions, preventing from successfully performing sexual intercourse. Female impotency is called frigidity.
What Causes Male Impotency: Erectile dysfunction is one of the major impotency types. This dysfunction can be temporary or even permanent. It is important that erection has to be for ample time for successful penetration into the vagina so that sperms are injected into the uterus. Failure to do so leads to unsuccessful intercourse.
Natural Cure for Impotence: There are several ayurvedic treatments to fix erectile dysfunction. The major causes of erectile dysfunction include malfunctioning of the glands, tight foreskin or disordered limbs, use of drugs and sexual infections.
- One of the important ayurvedic medicines to cure it is 'Vajikarana Aushadhis'.
- People suffering from such dysfunction should have more intake of high-protein diets.
- Other ayurvedic medicines that are recommended are mainly to strengthen muscles, veins as well as nerves so that proper erection is regained.
Low Sperm Count: This may lead to impotency in men. Correct number of sperms is vital to bear a child, though it's just one sperm that is required for conceiving. Ideally, each per ml of semen contains over 20 million sperms. Oligospermia is a term coined for low sperm count, which refers to quality as well as quantity of sperm.
Ayurvedic Treatment for Low Sperm Count: Mucuna Pruriens, Indian ginseng and Tribulus Terrestris help in increasing the quantity of the semen ejaculation.
Ayurvedic Treatment for Sexual Aversion: If there is a lack of interest in engaging oneself in sexual activity, it's known as sexual aversion leading to impotency. This may relate to either physical conditions or mental state. In case of physical disorders, herbal medicines work. In case of mental aversion, meditation may help.
Ejaculation Disorders: Ayurvedic Treatment: Ejaculation disorder is a major reason for impotency in men. It has been divided into three types:
- Premature ejaculation: Discharge of semen immediately after penetration
- Inhibited ejaculation: Slow occurring ejaculation
- Retrograde ejaculation: Semen is discharged into the bladder itself instead of ejaculation through the urethra
Ayurvedic medicine suggested for this is consuming Indian ginseng powder with a glass of milk everyday, nutmeg also helps. Yoga and meditation are required to balance the mind as well as the body. A mixture of ginseng, milk and goat milk also helps.
Thousands of people suffer from impotence, which they often do not disclose. These tips would help to cure their problem.