Lybrate.com has top trusted Dietitian/Nutritionists from across India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. Mirdu LambaYour feedback matters!
Being over weight is a very common health problem. Although most people confuse weight with appearance, it is important to clear certain points. The way a person looks has nothing to do with weight; it all rests upon self confidence and self respect. However, weight can have major impact on the health of individuals.
A number of serious issues like diabetes, high blood pressure, gynaecological disorders tend to develop, which make lives nothing, but difficult. Given that we have a single life, why not enjoy the world without facing health issues. Here are some tips that could help individuals lose weight fast.
- Eating food items that would speed up the fat burning process can be a great beginning. Beans, walnuts, apples, spices, oats, ginger, green tea are certain food products, which help in increasing metabolism, thereby, helping in breaking down the food into energy faster, without much sugar storage (which could change into fats eventually).
- Weight loss without exercise would be a slow process and might at times even be ineffective. Running, cycling, boot camping, zumba and body combats are certain ways that help lose weight faster. Also cardio is an important part of exercise that enormously helps in weight loss. Jogging, swimming, circuit training, cross-trainer etc. are certain examples of cardio exercises.
- Another great method for losing weight sooner is weight training. This not only helps in losing weight efficiently, but also helps in staying fit over the years. With proper weight training, the muscles can be made stronger, thereby improving metabolism because muscles help burn calories very efficiently.
- One major mistake people make in the spur of losing weight is cutting off meals. That is the worst one could do as not only does it not help in weight loss, but also at times causes just the reverse. It is important to have small yet frequent meals throughout the day.
- A proper sleep cycle is absolutely necessary for losing weight. Improper sleep would make us tired and prevent us from working efficiently and also indirectly cause our body to crave for sugar.
- Eating a proper, healthy and full breakfast that would include high fibre and protein would make individuals have a lot of energy throughout the day and also help avoid unnecessary munching.
- Walking everyday is a great way to lose weight. Walking for 30 minutes every day prevents gaining weight, however, walking 45 minutes promotes weight loss.
- Eating fruits vegetables and avoiding complex carbs is another advice for losing weight faster. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
Im too weak in size and strength how to increase weight in both way as size and strength please assist me in this problem?
Sir, I am using artificial sweeteners like 'Equal' for tea and coffee. But I am also advised by many people against its side effects. Are there any side effects while using this substance. Is there any product of stivia leaves available in the market. One dietician had advised me to buy extracts of this leaves as an alternative sweetener for tea and coffee since it has no side effects. Please advise? Thanking you in anticipation
I am 20 years old and my height is 174 cm and of 73 kg. So can you please tell me that how much extra fat\calorie do I have.
I am 59 years old man and voluntarily checked fasting and pp bl glucose and it was found to be 106 and 216 mg/do respectively. I have not been taking diabetes tab till now. Pl advise me whether am diabetic? And suggest to control bl glucose thro non medicine means as well thro tab.
I have been suffering from essential tremor from last 40 years, I am 58, male, my mother have same problem, I have difficulty in writing, drinking, eating, I have also digestion problem, sinus problem, bad breath, pe problem, I am 6' tall weight-86 kg, medium complexioned. I am not taking any mediine.
I have a desk job and in the last 2yeas , my weight has gone up from 75 kgm to 85 kgm. I want to lode weight. Please help.
She had diabetes, 31 age, diabetes attacked 16 months back, now suffering with weight loss how to gain weight? She almost losses 8 kgs.
I am suffering from low weight. My age is 20 now, and height 5 feet 5 inch. But my Weight is now only 46 kgs. And Figure is too weak. Can you Suggest whats should do.
I am gaining my muscles. I want protein diet to increase my body. Pls give me some tips how to develop my muscle and what are diet for it?
Hyperacidity, psoriasis, migraine, ibs, chronic fatigue are some examples of stress induced disease.
Along with medicines patients should learn to manage stress. Improving self awareness is first step of it. Mindfulness meditation is very useful to improve self awareness. Because of this awareness person can choose thought to ponder or to ignore. It is important learning.
Irrational thoughts are the main culprit for our anxiety and stress. Mindfulness helps to slow down internal clutter. Mindful walking. Mindful eating changes default mode of our brain. Our brain is always thinking. It is similar to computer. If there are too many files opened simultaneously the computer will get slowed and crashed. You should scan it and close some open files. Similarly our brain is stressed due to continuous thinking.
Meditation helps to shut down some files in our brain for some time. Five to ten minutes of meditation will revitalize your brain.
Meditation is non religious. Anyone can learn it and experience it's benefits by one month regular practice. There are many research papers published worldwide on effects of meditation. Dr. Herbert benson from howard university named it as relaxation response. He found that meditation is helpful on many stress induced disease. Meditation can be learned by online coaching. There is no need to meet so called spiritual or religious guru. It is better to learn it from doctor because he can synergistically teach meditation with psychotherapy.
I am getting fat alot I want to reduce my fat as its doesn't look good I agree I drink beer 1 bottle in 7 days. So please tell ne how to reduce the weight as I am 5'5 and weight is 74 kg Help me tell me wht should I eat.
Causes of bladder control problems in women
Urinary incontinence is the term used to describe bladder control problems that affect several people. Many think it only occurs among older, menopausal women but it actually isn't uncommon amid young and active women.
Inability to control the bladder accompanied by pain can be symptomatic of various disorders ranging from a minor infection to cancer. Fortunately, bladder cancer is rare, and bladder pain is usually not serious.
The varied causes of urinary incontinence in women are as follows:
- Urinary tract infection: this is the most common cause of urinary incontinence and it affects women more than men due to anatomical factors. It can also happen at any age.
- Medicinal side effect: the inability to control one's bladder may be a result of the administration of certain medicinal substances such as alpha-blockers, antidepressants, sleeping pills and various narcotics.
- Changes in the reproductive system: pregnancy and fluctuations in hormone levels can cause bladder irritation, which leads to urinary incontinence.
- Impacted stool: when stool gets tightly packed in the lower end of the digestive system and rectum, bladder control is affected. Chronic constipation and constraint strain on the lower intestines leads to the weakening of bladder muscles and hampers the bladder control.
- Surgical side effects: temporary loss of control of the bladder is often a result of prior surgery and radiation therapy in the pelvic region.
- Nerve damage and neurological disorders: strokes and spinal cord injuries have a heavy impact on bladder control and amount to urinary incontinence. Diseases such as Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease and multiple sclerosis also lead to the same.
- Health complications: disorders such as diabetes and obesity directly affect the bladder and the ability to exercise control over it.
- Disability and impaired mobility: for women who are physically impaired and suffer from problems of arthritis, urinary incontinence is a major problem as they are unable to reach the toilet easily.
- Bladder cancer: even though it is extremely rare, bladder cancer affects a number of women every year and is treated through surgery and chemotherapy.
Related Tip: What Makes One Lose Control of the Urinary Bladder?