Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dt. Lata Sharma
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. Lata SharmaYour feedback matters!
Hi Sir, I am so weak I ate so Much but I am not getting fat So what type should I take to become fat.
The liver and the skin of a person are the most important and also the most sensitive organs of a human body. Although the skin has a single job of covering the whole body, its importance runs much deeper than that and hence maintaining its health is of utmost importance. The liver is the largest organ in the body and has a multitude of responsibilities including detoxification and metabolism of food. It removes the harmful toxins and chemicals that inadvertently get combined with the food we eat. The liver also has to perform cleansing functions of the body along with protein synthesis.
The liver and the skin of a person are prone to a lot of wear and tear due to our unhealthy lifestyles. Junk food, lack of sleep, stress and over toxification play havoc with our digestive system and finally our skin and liver have to pay the price for our carelessness. Below are some easy and healthy digestive remedies for the liver and skin, which have proven to be effective without any side effects:
Digestive remedies for liver:
- Onions and garlic: Onion and garlic have an abundance of Choline, a soluble compound which in the prevention of fat deposition on the liver. They also contain Methionine, an amino acid present in proteins whose responsibility is to protect the liver and help to flush out the toxins by through the urine.
- Radish for improved digestion: Digestion can be improved with the intake of radish. Radish has sulphur-based chemicals in it which aids in proper functioning of the liver. It also contains Diastase, an enzyme used by the liver to digest starches in the food consumed by an individual.
- Intake of food high in fiber: Fiber has a very important role to play in digestion of food in our body and hence improves the functioning of the liver. The large intestine in our body secretes bile during digestion which gets attached to the fiber and is then transported out of the body along with other fatty toxins. Fiber can be found in high quantity in cruciferous vegetables like broccoli and cauliflower and fruits like pears and oranges.
- Increased intake of detoxifying foods: Pomegranate, green tea, turmeric, yogurt etc are detoxifying agents that help to detox the liver which eventually helps in digestion.
Digestive remedies for the skin:
- Avoid sugar, gluten, soy and dairy: Sugar, gluten, soy and dairy products are sensitive foods that usually cause intestinal inflammation. This can have adverse affect on the gut thus affecting the digestion process. Avoiding the intake of these foods, at least for a short while, can have favorable effect on your skin.
- Cultivate a habit of probiotic intake daily: Probiotics contain the good bacteria essential for one’s gut and thus helps to improve digestion. Daily intake of a probiotic supplement can go a long way in rejuvenating one’s skin.
- Aid digestion with raw apple cider vinegar: Apple Cider Vinegar is the most natural digestive aid, which not only helps the body naturally digest the food but also supports the growth of the good bacteria, which keeps your gut healthy.
- If necessary consume digestive enzymes: Usually the human body is capable of producing digestive enzymes naturally. But in case, due to some reason the production of digestive enzymes is less or none in an individual they can always resort to artificial digestive enzymes (this should only be done in consultation with a doctor)
Living a healthy lifestyle with a lot of exercise and healthy food intake goes a long way in improving the health of your liver as well as your skin. At Dr. Vaidya’s we understand the importance of the liver as the ‘father organ’ of the body and thus, recommend consumption of LIVitup for liver, skin and digestive ailments. The organ is important for detoxification of the body and protecting the liver and the cells in its lining are critical to good health. For liver ailments including liver cirrhosis and fatty liver disorder as well as skin and digestive ailments, consumption of LIVitup (Your Ayurvedic Liver Protector) on a daily basis can be extremely helpful.