Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Weight Management Treatment
Customised Diet Chart
Diet Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Treatment
Child Nutrition Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Food Plan Preparation
Healthy Heart Diet
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Treatment Of Restenosis
Asthma Treatment & Management
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Submit a review for Dt. Kanika MaggoYour feedback matters!
I'm looking very sick and slim. My weight is only 44 kg and I'm 27 years old. I want to gain my weight. please help.
I have some weakness for regular work. My health is not growing with my age. I am a male so I want to grow my health my age is 22 year running I also want to grow my height its not show my personality as a healthier man so give me some easier treatment. I always thankful to you.
I have heard that green tea will reduce weight so I started green tea. What is the right time to drink green tea ?
Dear sir my age is 29 year but my Wright is very leas its 46 kg. I AM eating every think but my body not develop what can I do?
My girl friend was so lean. And her chips were so lean. Suggest some natural ways for her to increase the weight and get her chubby cheeks.
Hello sir, I have very skinny body structure at the age of 19 and my height is only 5 feet 4 inches. I want to increase my height as well as body well. Please guide me.
Hello Sir, I met with an accident 5-6 years back and from that time there is a pain in my right hand at wrist joint. I can not hold heavy weights during my exercise and can't do such exercise which gives pressure on my wrist like Push-ups, Pull-ups etc. Please suggest me what to do as I consulted lots of doctors but still pain exits .Thanks in advance.
Chewing chewing gum good or bad for teeth? Some genuine advice please. If good which one is advisable?
I'm a 32 years old male, i'm having weight around 98 kg which is not good and by this i'm having also a breath problem by this fat.
I have very bad stomach fat of 38 as well as side stomach fat, I am doing crunches and leg raise but it not decreasing the size, say me what to do and also I have little gastric problem.
I am 16 yrs. HEight of 5'9" but a weight of 50 kgs. I look skinny and as a result is contempted by many. Sometimes I become a product of fun in school. Please give some advice to gain my weight within 2 weeks.
I am 25 year old I want to increase my weight. I have take some capsules regarding height increment. But no any increment has shown.
Hello doctor my age is 33 years. I use cinnamon powder water for weight loss but I get periods before time due to warm properties of cinnamon. Please suggest what else I can go with ?
The fourth day of Diwali is celebrated as Annakut to thank God for his benevolence. Govardhan Puja is one of the primary rituals associated with this day. The legend behind this festival is centred around a hillock named Govardhan which Krishna lifted to shelter the people living there from torrential rains. Thus, it is celebrated by making small mounds of cow dung that symbolize the hillock and prayers to Lord Govardhan. Cow dung in India is not treated as mere excrement, but has a number of uses. Primary amongst them is the burning of dried cow dung cakes as fuel to cook food in rural households and provide heat. Cow dung is also an excellent fertilizer. In many places, cow dung is also added to mud bricks so as to strengthen the brick and prevent disintegration.
According to Ayurveda, cow dung is germicidal and has healing properties. To this effect, cow dung is mentioned a number of times in ancient Indian scriptures.
1. Cow dung’s antibacterial properties make it a good natural disinfectant. Using cow dung to disinfect an area involves coating the floor with a paste of fresh cow dung. This practice is followed in many rural households throughout India. Burning cakes of dried cow dung are also said to repel insects and mosquitoes.
2. Cow dung is also said to have mood enhancing properties. It contains bacteria named Mycobacterium vaccae which is responsible for activating neurons that produce serotonin. Seratonin is a neurotransmitter that contributes towards making a person feel happy.
3. Dried cow dung is also used to make disinfectant soaps. Some of the ayurvedic practitioners also use cow dung to treat skin ailments. However, you must keep in mind that cow dung does contain bacteria and hence should not be applied on skin that is cut or raw.
4. Even the ash produced by cow dung has beneficial uses. This ash when added to pond water is also said to balance the acidity in the water and regulate pH levels. Dry ash absorbs oil and fat and hence is also used as a cleaning agent.
Here are some other medicinal uses of cow dung:
1. According to some ancient scripts, cow dung ash can be used to strengthen gums and clean teeth.
2. Cow dung is an excellent disinfectant and mosquito repellent. This is the reason why the walls of the houses were coated with cow dung in the ancient times.
3. The cow dung can be used a body back in order to detoxify the body.
4. It is also said to be very helpful in preventing pimples.
5. Cow dung is also known to improve blood circulation.
6. It also helps in keeping the infections from spreading.
7. Ayurvedic medicines made out of cow dung also work wonders in treating indigestion problems.
However, if one chooses to use cow dung to treat an ailment or cleanse the body in any way, it should be done only under the supervision of an Ayurvedic doctor.