Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dt. Jony Soni
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Child Nutrition Management
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Submit a review for Dt. Jony SoniYour feedback matters!
In case you have a diseased uterus, which makes you infertile, you can undergo a procedure known as uterus transplant or uterine transplant to get pregnant. In the process of sexual reproduction, a diseased uterus does not allow embryonic implantation. This factor is referred to as uterine factor infertility or UFI. As a result, you will not be able to get pregnant.
Who requires a uterus transplant?
This procedure involves women who have UFI and women who had their uterus removed by hysterectomy. Women who have a damaged uterus on account of an injury or infection, which does not function anymore, can also undergo a uterus transplant procedure. Women from the age of 21 to 45 are eligible for this procedure. Many women are born without having a uterus. This condition is called Mayer-Rokitansky-Küster-Hauser syndrome.
Uterus transplantation begins with undertaking a uterus retrieval surgery on the uterus donor. The uterus, which is recovered has to be stored and transported to the location of the patient undergoing the transplant. An ischemic tolerance may last over 24 hours. Three major surgeries have to be carried out with the recipient. Firstly, a transplantation surgery is required in which the donor’s uterus gets transplanted. In case pregnancy develops, a caesarean section surgery has to be performed. The patient is given immune suppressive therapy. After childbirth, a hysterectomy is done in order to terminate the immune suppressive therapy.
Will the women be able to get pregnant after having sex?
Women receiving a uterus transplant will not be capable of becoming pregnant without undergoing fertility treatments. The transplanted uterus is not connected with the fallopian tubes, which is the location of the normal fertilisation process. The women will require to carry out IVF or in vitro fertilisation to become pregnant after a uterus transplant. IVF is a process in which the eggs are removed from the ovaries and get fertilised in a laboratory. Then, they are implanted in the uterus. After undergoing the uterus transplant procedure, a woman has to wait for a period of one year. The uterus requires time for healing and after recovery, the embryo may be implanted for pregnancy. After giving birth successfully, a woman will be able to keep the transplanted uterus. Why IVF is a popular procedure.
She has the option to get pregnant again. However, after giving birth twice, a hysterectomy must be carried out for the removal of the uterus. This is done so that the woman can stop using the immune suppressant drugs, which are associated with major risks. Uterus transplant is a relatively new technology. In October 2014, the first healthy baby was born to a woman who had undergone a uterus transplant. This surgery is kind of experimental in nature and is usually the last option for getting pregnant. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Even though I eat non vegetarian ,milk and milk products why my vitamin b12 is low? Is it due to any intestinal problem that would not allow to absorb pl suggest me sir.
Kapha is responsible for governing all body functions related to lubrication. Some of the typical body functions that Kapha has a direct impact upon includes lubrication of lungs and joints, body weight, growth, and formation of the seven tissues- fat, bone marrow, nutritive fluid, reproductive tissues and fat. There could be several symptoms indicating an imbalance of Kapha in the system.
Some of them include the following:
- Mind: An increased Kapha of the mind is characterised by symptoms, such as a feeling of lethargy, drowsiness, and sluggishness, excessive sleep, feeling of depression and melancholy, laziness and brain fog. An accumulation of Kapha in the mind can lead to severe depression, withdrawal symptoms, diabetic coma and frequent loss of consciousness.
- Digestive tract: Kapha can wreak havoc on the digestive tract. Some early signs of Kapha accumulation in the digestive tract include a heavy feeling in the stomach, indigestion, excess salivation, poor appetite, nausea, slow metabolism etc. As a result of excess Kapha, the stool can be sticky, pale, heavy and oily. This can lead to diabetes and mucoid diarrhea. If not treated early excess Kapha can lead to hyperglycemia, anorexia nervosa, and blood in the stool.
- Kapha accumulation in skin, adipose tissue, muscles and circulatory system: An accumulation of Kapha in other parts of the body can lead to hypertension, itching, lipoma formation, cold sweat, swollen lymph, pallor, low strength of the body, itching etc. In the case of long standing Kapha accumulation some serious aggravation from the present condition can lead to obesity, thrombosis, leukaemia, malignant tumours, edema, high cholesterol, blood stagnation, hypertrophy, heart failure etc.
- Kapha in respiratory system: Kapha in the respiratory tract can lead to coughs, hay fever, sinuses, nasal crust, chest pain, runny nose, excess mucus and frequent cold. If the existing condition becomes serious and treatment is not done on time, some serious complications can lead to cystic fibrosis, sinus infections, excess phlegm in the throat, chronic sinus etc.
- Other parts of the body: If Kapha accumulates in other parts of the body it can lead to symptoms such as excess urination, low libido, premature ejaculation, heavy testicles, swelling of the joints, dental tartar, sex desire, fibrocystic lumps, goiter, enlarged spleen, gallstones, endometriosis, cystic ovary, lordosis, protruded eyes, heavy feeling of the eye, prostate enlargement, white urine, neurofibromas, hydrocephalus, gangrene , prolonged menstrual cycle osteoma, kyphosis, prostatic calculi, bone spurs etc.
- Food to avoid Kapha symptoms: Some foods that need to be avoided include carbonated drinks, oily food, chilled food, deep fried snacks, red meat, foods which are heavy to digest, milk especially buffalo milk, sweets, Ghee, fruits like Banana, Mango etc. excess salt and sour, all forms of alcohol except red wine, the latter can be consumed no more than once in a week.
How can I increase my weight. Please suggest something. I have also tried banana shake & milk honey.
Hello my father diagnosed as being diabetic a few days back. But according to doctor his blood pressure is normal and he should have not been diabetic and hence doctor is doubting of any kind of side effects from any medicine or may be cause of wrong food habit. Therefore I wanted to know is it possible that diabetes can be caused due to any kind of side effects from medicine? Can regular intake of "Ensure" be a reason behind it?
If you are not new to Ayurveda and its treatments, then you are sure to know about Triphala; for the concoction has been used in Ayurveda since a very long time. Widely known for its laxative abilities, Triphala offers highly effective remedies and have several medical benefits. If you are curious to know about them, read on for a few facts.
What is Triphala?
The name is etymologically derived from two Sanskrit words 'tri' meaning three and 'phala' signifying fruits. Thus, Triphala is a combination of three fruits which are powdered and ground together. These three fruits are:
- Embellica officinalis, more commonly referred to as Indian gooseberry or amla.
- Terminalia chebula or haritaki in Sanskrit is a fruit with nut-like appearance. It is also known as harad.
- Terminalia bellirica is known as bibhitaki in various languages and vibhidaka in Sanskrit. Many people also refer to the fruit as baheda.
What are its uses?
The powder of Triphala is used for the treatment of many health issues which may range from high blood sugar to weight loss. Moreover, its anti-inflammatory properties help in the treatment of arthritis. It is also endowed with antioxidants which can delay aging. The good news is that the long list of benefits of Triphala doesn't end right here. Some of the commendable advantages of using Triphala include:
- Get rid of dark circles: Our daily lifestyle has left us with panda eyes which deteriorates our appearance. You can use Triphala powder as an eyewash and bid farewell to your dark circles as well as puffiness under the eyes. For this purpose, all you have to do is add a little amount of this powder into some water and wash the eyes thoroughly with it.
- A brilliant ingredient for rejuvenating skin: If you are looking to have baby soft and supple skin, then you can use Triphala powder which helps in softening, moisturizing and smoothening the skin. This is due to the presence of various antioxidant compounds that fights not only pigmentation but also acne-causing bacteria.
- A great stimulator of hair growth: If you have been suffering from thinning of hair or hair fall, then Triphala can help you as well. You may apply Triphala water directly on the hair directly. The emollient properties of Triphala water help in locking the moisture and offer relief, if you are suffering from alopecia.
- Effective in reducing digestive issues: Triphala works as a brilliant laxative which can be used in stimulating bowel movements. If you have been suffering from bowel or digestive problems, then you can have a teaspoon of Triphala early morning. It will help in treating bloating, diarrhea and other issues of the stomach.
So, if you are suffering from any of the issues, you can purchase this simple yet effective medicine from your local Ayurveda store.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!