Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Weight Management Treatment
Customised Diet Chart
Diet Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Treatment
Child Nutrition Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Food Plan Preparation
Healthy Heart Diet
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Treatment Of Restenosis
Asthma Treatment & Management
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Hi I am 18 years old I have problem that I am too thin and I take my meal tym to tym and healthy please provide me solution.
My age is 23 years old and height is almost 6" but my weight is near about 55kg. So how to gain weight and please suggest any best supplements for body if any.
I am 21 year male and from the childhood itself I was affected a lot by abuse and fighting between my parents. I am very sensitive person and last year the girl I loved the most rejects me. I was so depressed. For the past few months I was lack in empathy. And I am feeling like a matured person. Does this a sign of maturity or sociopathy. But I had my love towards animals and kids. I think I lost my sensitivity. Does this good for me or not.
An elementary knowledge of biology tells you how important joints are for the overall functionality of a human body. If not for biology experience teaches us the inevitable importance of joints. The link between a tooth and the jawbone is also a joint. Without joints the human body would have been in bits and pieces.
Having known that, you should also try to remember or understand how disabling joint pains can be. They hardly let you move a limb and can also cripple you for life. Knee joint pain can hinder a person's free movement. Knees bear the entire load of your body; they support your frame. Knee joint pain should therefore be a cause for alarm.
Going by the following ways can relieve you of knee joint pain:
- Maintain a healthy weight: Carrying extra pounds can exert additional pressure on your joints and contribute to knee pain. If you're overweight, losing as little as 5 percent of your body weight can help relieve the stress on your knees. Talk to your doctor about developing a healthy eating plan and exercise program to help you lose weight sensibly.
- Find a low-impact exercise you enjoy: Talk to your doctor before beginning an exercise program. Good choices for people with knee pain include walking and swimming. Be sure to warm up before and cool down after exercising. Avoid hilly terrain and high-impact activities like running and jumping, as these can worsen knee pain.
- Give physical therapy a try: Physical and occupational therapy often are helpful for people with knee pain. A physical therapist can help design an exercise program that fits your individual ability level and teach you proper techniques to spare your joints. Occupational therapy can teach you how to reduce strain on your knees in your daily activities.
- Get enough rest and relaxation: Sure, physical activity is important, but rest and relaxation can go a long way to promote good health - and reduce pain. Achieve a healthy balance in your life by learning stress-relief techniques like deep breathing and meditation.
- Make sure you're getting enough sleep: No question-arthritis pain can interfere with a good night's sleep. However, proper sleep is necessary for overall health, so if you are having trouble sleeping, talk to your doctor. Proper pain management can help break the cycle to help you slumber soundly.
- Use Ice and/or Heat: For many people with arthritis pain, ice can help relieve pain and swelling and heat can help ease stiffness. Ask your doctor about how to safely use an ice pack and/or a warm towel or heating pad. A hot shower in the morning or warm bath before bed at night also may be helpful.
- Apply a topical pain reliever: A number of over-the-counter and prescription creams, gels, sprays and patches are available to help relieve arthritis pain. These pain relievers contain ingredients like capsaicin, salicylates, menthol, or a combination of medicines. Ask your doctor if one of these products might be right for you.
- Consider Injections: Persistent arthritis pain may respond to treatment with injections. Available options include corticosteroids, which can be used up to 2 or 3 times a year to relieve severe pain, and hyaluronic acid, which can help replenish lubricating substances in the knee. Talk to your doctor about the benefits and risks of injectable treatments for knee pain.
- Talk to Your Doctor about Surgery: If you have severe osteoarthritis symptoms that interfere with daily life and do not respond to conservative treatment, surgery may be necessary. Ask your doctor about arthroscopic procedures or total knee replacement, may be necessary.
Hi, My dad is suffering from fever from past one week with a backache. Doctor just advice us to do some routine tests. Following are some results for the test haemoglobin- 10.3, lymphocytes - 18%, Dengue and malaria tests are negative, platelets count is 80 thousand that usually remains in this range only. He is diabetic and when he was diagnosed with low platelets, doctor said that he is having thrombocytopenia. Now I am getting worried for my dad. Kindly provide me the best direction for further investigation as now I am thinking that the present doctor who is checking up my dad doesn't seem me convincing. Thanks.
Hey I am 25 year old and I am feeling dull in this summer what can I do? Please suggest. My weight is 51kg.
7 Signs You Have A B12 Deficiency
We intake vitamins and nutrients from our food as part of our digestion process. Unlike vitamin D, which can be produced by our bodies, B-12 comes only from outside sources into the body. B-12 is an essential nutrient that your body uses to produce red blood cells, DNA and nerves.As a result, strict vegans or vegetarians are the most susceptible to B12 deficiency. One solution is to use products that are fortified with B12, such as fortified soy or nut milks.
1. FATIGUE: Feeling tired? B-12 is important for aerobic energy in the body. Without enough of this vitamin, our bodies are not getting the oxygen and energy that we need. Lightheadedness is also a sign that you aren't getting enough B12.
2. TINGLING AND NUMBNESS: Losing sensation in hands and feet along with the tingling sensation of pins and needles could be a sign of a B12 deficiency. Check with your doctor for blood work to determine the cause.
3. JOINT PAIN: Severe joint pain that isn't due to injury or chronic inflammation, like arthritis, could be cause for alarm. Also, slower reflexes have been observed in B12 deficient patients.
4. RAPID HEARTBEAT OR BREATHING
7. SWOLLEN TONGUE: Some patients with B-12 deficiency experience an inflammation of the tongue. Other signs related to the mouth also include a smooth tongue as well as a decreased sense of taste.
Seek the attention of your doctor if you experience any of these 7 signs of B12 deficiency. A doctor can determine if you have a deficiency with a simple blood test. Being aware of the sources of B12 can help you to make sure that you and your family are getting enough and will help prevent potentially serious medical complications.
Sir I have problems with my weight which is quite low. Please make some suggestions for improvements of the weight.
I am 27 years old height 5'11" wt 62 kg but I am looking very thin specially my hand ,what will I do for my thin hand.
Hello sir, I am 20years old male my weight is 59kg. I want to gain my weight this is possible or not I tried many products but nothing change in my body please help me.
Physicalbeauty. Since a human being is a body-mind- soul complex, a'contented' soul is also
Necessary for perfect physical beauty. If the esoul is not happy and content, this
Discontentment will be reflected on the physical
Level. Modern concepts of applying cosmetics
To look beautiful or surgically fixing physical
Abnormalities is akin to keeping a beautiful
Bird (soul) inside an intricate, precious cage
(body). Rather than feeding the bird and
Listening to it sing, all our energy is devoted to
Polishing and maintaining the cage. If we do
Not feed the bird (soul), it will not be happy
Even though the cage (body) has been
Polished, washed and painted.
It is essential to feed the soul in order to
Attain permanent and everlasting beauty. Food
For the soul includes practicing non-violence,
Speaking the truth, helping others, not cheating
Or exploiting others and living with love, peace
And harmony. A contented soul fuels the subtle
Energies of the body, which regulate cell
Functions and rejuvenate the body. This is the
Reason why saints and spiritual persons (gurus,
Swamis) look beautiful, attractive and young
Even though they generally do not use any
Cosmetics or make up.
According to ayurveda, attaining beauty,
Therefore, depends on maintaining a balanced
Mind and contented soul and not merely on
Physical beauty treatments. Even physical
Treatment should be of natural origin. It should
Not aim at temporary good looks but at
Ensuring permanent and everlasting beauty.