Dr. Ekta Jain is a trusted Nutritionist/Dietician in Delhi who has a year of experience in deftly solving the dietary and nutrition-based problems of her patients. Dr. Jain has received a Diploma in Diet, Health & Nutritions from VLCC Institute in 2016. She can be visited personally in Karkardooma, Delhi, at GoDiets.
Dr. Jain is known for offering best services which include Weight Management treatment, Diet Therapy treatment, Weight Loss treatment, Allergy tests, Aromatherapy treatment, Child nutrition management and Diet Planning. She also nurtures her patients with other valuable services like Diabetic Diet Counselling, Nutrition Assessment Service and Customised Diet Chart.
Dr. Ekta Jain can be visited at GoDiets Clinic of Preet Vihar, 19, Gagan Vihar, Main Road which is next to R.G Stone Center in New Delhi. She can also be available at the GoDiets Clinic of Ghaziabad, at Shop no. 38 under Plot no. 2 of Eros Market Place, which lies opposite to DPS Shakti Khand-2, in Indirapuram, Monday to Sunday, 10 AM to 5 PM. One could consult her via phone, text or video conferencing as well.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Child Nutrition Management
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Submit a review for Dr. Ekta JainYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I needed an immunity therapy. She never gets frustrated, even when I ask a number of queries. Even in case of emergency, the staff is always willing to help. I was quite impressed with Ekta Jain concept of holistic healing through her diet. A friend of mine referred to Ekta Jain. The waiting area in the GoDiets Clinic - Ghaziabad is very comfortable for elderly patients.
I thought that post treatment it won't happen again, but then after sometime, the symptoms re appeared. I was shocked to experience the need of weight management. Ekta Jain has a very positive attitude towards all the patients. Over the period of time the weight management has helped me a lot. The overall atmosphere in the GoDiets Clinic in Ghaziabad is very soothing.
I was going through problems due to my alcohol liver disease. I needed to take a good diet after my treatment and with so many medicines going on everyday i lost my health. I consulted nutritionist dr Ekta Jain at GoDiets Clinic - Ghaziabad in Indirapuram for a good diet plan and i must say her plans proved very good to me and helped me recover too.
My child was having retinal issue as he was premature. I was very tensed about him so I chose to consult a dietician too with the alopathy treatment. I consulted Dr Ekta. She is a very practical doctor. The diet chart she gave was quite beneficial and I and my baby are completely fine now. I thank her for the medication and the suggested diet.
My previous experiences were not so good, but Dr Ekta Jain has completely changed my opinion as she is very helpful and humble. I searched her online and saw her reviews. The overall atmosphere in the GoDiets Clinic in Ghaziabad is very soothing. During the lose weight treatment, she supported me a lot.
ekta jain is so nice that they even at odd hours one can call her in case of emergency. Even though my problem was very big, the entire experience of undergoing weight loss diet counseling was very relaxing. Her treatment suited me the best and now I am fine.
dr Ekta Jain changed my life with her diet plans to overcome my problem of anorexia. I visited her at GoDiets Clinic - Ghaziabad. She is a great doctor and also a very happy go lucky person.
Bananas are your friends, truly!
Bananas as against the age old myth can really help in your weight loss process. A medium sized banana has a number of healthy nutrients that can help you in losing weight. A 100gm banana has about 90 calories, 3 gm of fiber and 23 gm of carbohydrates. It is a filling and satiating snack and can really give you a good dose of nutrients in minimum calories. Coming to the reasons that make this fruit an ideal weight loss food option, here are a few reasons:
1. Boosts your body's metabolic rate while controlling your appetite
Unripe bananas contain a form of starch known as resistant starch that slows down the digestion process. It works by feeding the healthy bacteria in your gut, causing oxidation of the fat tissues and suppression of your hunger pangs. According to findings published in a study, if you replace 5% of your carbohydrate requirement with a food rich in resistant starch, it can result in about 30% of fat burning post your meal.
2. Reduces bloating
Since this fruit contains a good amount of potassium, it can help in diminishing water retention, thereby reducing the instances of belly bloat.
3. Source of bulk fiber requirement
Being a good source of fiber, having bananas every day can help in improving your digestion and subsequently aid in weight loss. Since fiber can't be digested by the body, it helps you to meet the bulk of your food requirements, which makes you fell fuller for a longer time and reduces your chances of overeating.
4. Is a fuel for your body
Bananas are considered to be the best source of energy before and after a workout. They provide your body with all the nutrients it requires. They are rich in easily digestible natural sugar that provides your body with optimal energy. They are also a rich source of potassium, making them perfect for warding off dizziness and muscle cramps that sometimes accompany a post-workout. Starting your day with a banana can reduce your sweet cravings in the later half of the day.
It is often believed that eggs tend to heat up your stomach and, hence, should be avoided as much as possible. People believe that eating eggs during the hot summer months can lead to detrimental health effects. One of the reasons attributed to this belief is that eggs contain copious amounts of cholesterol, which can generate tremendous amounts of body heat.
However, contrary to popular belief, eggs do not heat up your system and perfectly safe for consumption during the season of some summer.
Having eggs for breakfast helps you with the following:
1. Cholesterol Factor - To be precise, a single egg provides 212 mg of cholesterol out of the recommended 300 mg. However, cholesterol in your diet does not raise the cholesterol levels in your blood. This happens because the liver produces a high quantity of cholesterol each day, and when you eat more eggs causing your cholesterol levels to rise, the liver starts producing less of it. In fact, a study found that eggs didn't raise cholesterol in 70% of its test subjects.
2. Provides Choline - Choline is a substance, which is required by the body to build cell membranes and to perform a horde of other functions like liver function, brain development, nerve, and muscle function. Lack of choline could lead to disruption of these functions. Whole eggs contain more than 100 mg of this less known nutrient, and therefore, should be a part of your diet.
3. Contains Lutein and Zeaxanthin - One of the gradual symptoms of aging is worsening eyesight. There are many types of nutrients that help in countering this degenerative process. Two such nutrients are lutein and zeaxanthin, which eggs are rich in. These two antioxidants help to build up the retina of the eye. Moreover, they also help in preventing eyesight conditions like cataracts and macular degeneration. Eggs are also rich in Vitamin A, the lack of which is the most common cause of blindness worldwide.
4. Reduces Risk of Stroke - For many decades, eggs have been unfairly criticized. A popular misbelief was that high cholesterol in eggs made them a cause for cardiac problems. In a review, which accounted for 17 studies and a total of 263,938 participants, no associations were found between eggs and heart diseases. Eggs are also highly filling and help to lose weight to a certain extent.
Health benefits of sitting on the floor while eating:
1. Improves digestion
Sitting on the floor in a cross-legged position and eating your food is good for your digestive system.
The back-and-forth movement of bending forward to eat and returning to your natural sitting position helps abdominal muscles secrete digestive juices, which are needed for quick and proper digestion.
Plus, this sitting position allows the mind to calm down and applies pressure to the lower spine, which facilitates relaxation. Also, muscular tension releases and high blood pressure comes down.
2. Increases life span
Regularly standing up from a seated position on the floor without needing a hand can also help you live longer.
A 2012 study published in the european journal of preventive cardiology reports that the ability to stand up from a seated position on the floor without using any support correlates with a longer life expectancy.
According to the study, getting up from sitting position requires considerable flexibility and body strength, which are needed to avoid common accidents, injuries and falls.
If a person has difficulty standing up from a sitting position, he or she is 6.5 times more likely to die within the next six years. Study participants ranged in age from 51 to 80 years.
3. Improves strength and flexibility
Sitting on the floor in a cross-legged position also makes your body stronger and more flexible.
This sitting position stretches the hips, knees and ankles. It also increases flexibility throughout the spine, shoulders and chest, thus making you more flexible and able to ward off certain diseases.
This strength and flexibility helps you stand upright without slouching, as well as pick up heavy objects without hurting your back.
On the other hand, sitting in a chair for hours leads to weak, tight and sore lower back; weak abdominal muscles; and stiff, inflexible and aching hips, to name only a few.
4. Supports correct body posture
Good posture is important for reducing excessive strain on certain muscles and joints, especially the back and neck.
By sitting cross-legged on the floor for eating, you are automatically correcting your posture.
When you sit on the floor in the sukhasana pose, you need to keep your back straight, expanding your spine and pushing the shoulders back. This posture helps prevent all kinds of aches and pains that are caused by bad posture.
On the other hand, sitting on a chair or couch and hunching over your desk and computer for most of the day can lead to poor posture and a weak lower back.
5. Improves blood circulation
Sitting cross-legged to eat your food is also beneficial for your circulatory system.
When sitting on the floor, blood pumps more easily through the heart to other parts of the body, as opposed to sitting on a chair with your feet further below your heart level. Also, sitting on the floor leads to a healthier heart by reducing the excess pressure on it while eating.
Good blood circulation ensures that all the body’s organs get the essential nutrients to function properly. For people with circulatory problems, sitting on the floor while eating is highly recommended.
6. Aids weight loss
When you sit down and eat, it has a calming effect on your mind and body. A calm body is better able to focus on the food you’re eating, which in turn prevents overeating.
This happens because the vagus nerve performs better and transmits signals more efficiently in this position. It is the vagus nerve that transmits signals from the stomach to the brain as you eat, telling your brain whether or not your stomach is full.
Moreover, this sitting position makes you eat slower. This gives your stomach and brain enough time to recognize when you are full.
Plus, the act of sitting and standing up from the floor is good exercise. All these factors together aid in managing your body weight.
7. Promotes family bonding
Last but not least, sitting on the floor to eat your dinner or lunch with family can give you a brand new way to connect with your family members.
Also, when you are sitting at the same level with your children, it is simply easier to connect with them and learn about their feelings and emotions.
You can make sitting on the floor to eat a family ritual to improve family bonds. Also, the posture relaxes the body and mind, which is important to lead a stress-free life.
Body composition is never the same for two individuals with the same body weight and of the same sex. It is vital to view your weight loss in light of your body composition. Since muscle occupies less space in your body than fat, leanness is determined by one's body composition and weight. The term body composition refers to the percentage of bone, fat, muscle and water content in your body.
Irrespective of the body composition you may have, if you're planning to lose weight naturally, having fibrous foods can help you to achieve that optimal body weight. The study suggests that people who have fiber in their diet tend to have healthy body weight. It provides your stomach with a full feeling and stimulates brain receptors to stop eating without adding any extra calories.
What is fiber?
Fiber is basically carbohydrate present in plant foods such as whole grains, fruits, and vegetables. In comparison to other forms of carbohydrates, fiber is not easily digested by the body. As a consequence, it passes quickly through your digestive tract without increasing your blood sugar levels. Additionally, it is the soluble fiber that absorbs water to form a type of gel inside your stomach, leading to a slowdown in the absorption of glucose. Lower levels of blood sugar indicate lower insulin levels, which significantly reduces the chances of your body storing fat.
According to experts, women below 50 years of age should have about 25 grams of fiber every day, and men should have about 38 grams. So, here are some of the high fiber foods that you need to include in your diet:
- Split peas: contains 16.3 grams of fiber per cup
- Black beans: contains 15 grams of fiber per cup
- Lentils: contains 15.6 grams of fiber per cup
- Broccoli: contains 5.1 grams of fiber per cup
- Peas: contains 8.8 grams of fiber per cup
- Raspberries: contains 8 grams of fiber per cup
- Blackberries: contains 7.6 grams of fiber per cup
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
Munch on with dry fruits to stay fit:
Dietician and nutritionists usually advise to #treat yourself with dry fruits to stay healthy. It is highly nutritious and healthy snack. Dried fruit has lot of micronutrients, fiber and antioxidants. One piece of dried fruit contains about the same amount of nutrients as the fresh fruit.
Our dietician ekta jain explains us the qualities of different dry fruits and how they affect our health:
1. Almond: It’s a healthy substitute for snacking option and can be enjoyed anytime considered very useful for both mental and physical development of body.
2. Cashews: Loaded with health benefits and are rich source of vitamin e and b6. Can be used to add texture and flavor to various dishes.
Constipation is a common problem, and everyone experiences it once in a while. Constipation includes bloating, and abdominal pain. The problem often happens because of a low-fiber or high fat diet, lack of exercise, and not drinking enough fluids.
Sources of high-fiber foods include:
All plant foods, including fruits, vegetables, whole grains, beans, pear, dates, apple, sweet potato have fiber. Simple changes in lifestyle can improve your diet and helps relieve constipation.
1. The best way to cool water in summers:- Remember the old days when our grandparents used matkas to store water?
Science has proven that the best way to store water is in a clay water pot. Clay pots not only cool the water down, it also provide healing with the elements of earth.
2. Porous property in clay pots:- Clay is porous. A clay pot is also porous. When we store water in a clay pot, the evaporation happens. All of us read in science from 5 th standard that, what is evaporation. This process causes cooling as water particles gain energy in the form of heat, then change to gas and get mixed with air. A clay pot has small holes visible at the microscopic level through which water seeps out and gains energy to become gas and gets evaporated causing cooling. Heat and moisture circulate throughout the pot, which is not possible in metal or plastic crockery that we use today.
3. Pot water is alkaline in nature:- Another benefit of clay water pots is the alkaline nature of clay. The alkaline clay interacts with the acidity of water and provides the proper ph balance. This water can help to cure acidity and other stomach issues.
4. Boosts metabolism: Drinking the right amount of water everyday can help us boost metabolism. We usually store water in plastic containers, without realizing that there are harmful chemicals like bpa (bisphenol a) in plastic. So drinking water from a clay pot can help improve metabolism without dangerous chemicals and also increase testosterone in our body on the other hand plastic reduces the amount of testosterone in our body. Clay water tastes natural, pleasantly chilled and also helps improve metabolism and
5. Clay pot water good for throat: The water stored in an earthen pot is gentle on the throat. It is an ideal drink for people suffering from cough or cold. It prevents from sunstroke. People who are suffering with sinusitis, this water is medicine for them.
These are all the benefits of clay pot water. But it is very important to clean these regularly and replace water. You can also buy the ‘surahi’ or narrow-neck jug-shaped water pot and the ‘matka’ or traditional water pot.
Vitamins are essential micronutrients which the body requires, though in small amounts, for optimal health. These chemicals play a crucial role in keeping our body healthy and disease free.One such vitamin is vitamin K, which is essential for optimal blood clotting process, and also has multiple other benefits. More details about the functions, benefits and sources are listed below.
- Vitamin K is actually a group of vitamins and has K1, K2, and K3. The functions and benefits accordingly will depend on the actual chemical being referred to.
- These are fat soluble vitamins and therefore absorption is better when something fatty is eaten along with it
- Vitamin K1 or phyloquilline reaches the liver and is essential for blood clotting. Reduced levels of vitamin K can lead to uncontrolled bleeding, but this is very rare in adults. Newborns can have this problem, and therefore, it is common to give them a one shot of vitamin K injection.
- Vitamin K2 is produced by gut bacteria and reaches blood vessel walls and bones. It prevents hardening and calcification of arteries, which is the main cause of heart disease.
- It helps in improving calcium and other mineral concentration in the bones and makes the matrix strong. It can be used in osteoporosis to reverse and control bone loss. It can also be used to heal fractured bones.
- It slows the growth of cancer cells and can be used to stabilise cancer. It has been shown to improve multiple forms including hepatocellular, prostate, colon, and oral cancer.
- It is beneficial in controlling Alzheimer’s disease and improves memory loss in ageing people
- It improves insulin action and therefore prolongs onset of type 2 diabetes
- It has been shown to have antioxidant properties (as most other vitamins) and also helps in reducing toxin buildup
- It is good for skin health and can help control bruising and dermatitis
Vitamin K is found naturally in many foods and the daily dose required for an adult is about 120 to 150 mcg/day. Therefore supplementation is usually not required.
Leafy green vegetables including spinach, okra, cabbage, beans broccoli, and asparagus
- Fermented foods like yoghurt
- Soybean in all forms including medium cooked as well and Japanese diet uses boiled, fermented soybean called natto, which contains tremendous amount of vitamin K
- Nuts, such as cashews, almonds, walnuts, are a good source
- Strawberries, grapes, prunes, and apples
- Seafood such as salmon and shrimp contain good amount to control heart attack and stroke.
- Meat (duck, beef, chicken, and lamb)
You need to cut calories to lose weight. But going too low delivers a double whammy to your metabolism.
When you eat less than you need for basic biological function (about 1, 200 calories for most women), your body throws the brakes on your metabolism.
It also begins to break down precious, calorie-burning muscle tissue for energy, says dan benardot, phd, rd, an associate professor of nutrition and kinesiology at georgia state university" eat just enough so you're not hungry—a 150-calorie snack midmorning and midafternoon between three meals (about 430 calories each).
For more details or to get a customized weight loss whatsapp us @ 7065523000.