Lybrate.com has top trusted Dietitian/Nutritionists from across India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. Deepika GuptaYour feedback matters!
I wanted to know that which supplements are best for weight gaining. And can I take whey proteins as I want to join gym also.
Can you please tell me ki last mansuration k kitne dino bad check kar sakte hai ki pregent hai ki nahi blood test k threw.
One of my friends says that he has the problem of urinating. Even after urinating he feels the urge to urinate and he has a very weak body.
My wife is 28 years old, she was thin and had perfect bmi last year. But for the past 6 months she is gaining weight especially in her arms and thighs. We have one child and planning for the second baby. Will this weight gain affect our second baby plan ? Pls suggest how to reduce her weight. Whether its a sign of thyroid ?
I am facing the problem of weight gain due to the 8 hour sitting job, kindly suggest some diet chart to reduce my fat Regards Renu.
Extreme diet or crash diet, is a method to lose a significant amount of weight within a limited time period. But crash diets are not meant for long term weight loss plans. Since crash diets usually cut down on one or more food groups to reach a desired weight level, these diets skip out on important nutrients that your body needs.
The ways crash diets can affect your body include:
Dehydration: You realise you are losing weight after implementing the crash diet, but this is just an illusion. All the weight lost isn’t fat, but water. When you restrict calories, your body first burns glycogen—not fat, for energy. Glycogen is a form of carbohydrate stored in the muscles and liver, and water is attached to every gram of glycogen. So when your body burns glycogen, you end up losing water, which causes dehydration.
Unstable blood sugar: When your body doesn’t get a steady supply of fibre, fat, protein and carbohydrates, your insulin and blood sugar levels run amok. Some diets, such as the detox diet, can lead to type II diabetes.
Muscle break down: Energy comes from calories and restricting calories adversely affects your muscles. When you start losing weight, your body starts harnessing muscle proteins for energy. This leads to muscle loss and your physique deteriorates. For instance, liquid diets (that have low calories) cause rapid muscle loss and can lead to ventricular arrhythmias.
Slow metabolism: Your metabolic rate crashes automatically when you lose muscles. This implies that you burn less calories when you talk, exercise and walk. You start feeling sluggish, and even after you get back to your normal diet, your metabolism won’t change back to how it was before.
Malnutrition: A lot of crash diets recommend eating less than 700 calories a day, which will help you lose weight, but it harms your body. The body needs calories, since they are an important energy source. Soon your body adapts to the lack of calories and becomes malnourished.
Intellectual problems: Some crash diets cut down carbohydrate consumption, and this ends up affecting your brain. The brain needs carbs to function properly. So, when there is a severe carbohydrate deficiency, the level of corticosterone (the stress hormone) increases in your brain, making you vulnerable to stress, depression and binge-eating behaviours. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist and ask a free question.
I am 69 years old suffering with diabetes since 1993. Also bp on medication-junivia 100 once a day +diamicron xr mex500 bd+amlovas 5 /50 once a day. Sugar keep less than 200 both fbs pps. Advise on diet. Take no sugar in tea but keep rating sweet dish or toffe.
Hi, I am too weak as compared to my friends what should I take as a means is there anything which I can take as medicine please help me thanks.
Im not able to increase my weight. Im too much thin. please Suggest me something so dat I can gain more wait.
My weight is very less . How I can gain weight without eating any non veg and eggs. And how I can increase the size of my chest?
Does sanyasi ayurveda medicine have steroid? I have used it for 3 to 4 moths now after 6 months I am going to gym feels my body is not pumped properly. After workout my body do not feel pain. Is it due to steroids? If it is how can I recover from it?
Laparoscopic surgery is also known as minimally invasive surgery. It leads to a lesser amount of pain after the surgery, and therefore requires less medication also. It reduces the possibility of hemorrhage, thereby, lowering the possibility of requiring blood transfusion. The smaller length and depth of the incision also means that the patient recovers from the surgery faster than usual. There is also a lesser chance of contracting infections because a larger number of organs remain unexposed and therefore uncontaminated. Laparoscopic surgeries also cause smaller, lighter scars once the surgery wound heals completely.
However, as with any surgery, complications may occur during the course of laparoscopic surgery.
- Wound infection: Even though laparoscopic surgery is minimally invasive and the possibility of contracting infections is considerably less, the wound is capable of getting infected. Hence, it is essential to maintain the cleanliness and hygiene recommendations provided by the concerned medical staff. It is also assumed that the surgeons would prevent this possibility by maintaining strict protocols regarding this issue on their part.
- Bruising: After surgery, depending on the type and duration of the procedure, the patient is always advised to follow certain restrictions regarding mobility and restriction of normal day to day functioning. These rules must be followed in order to prevent the possibility of bruising after a laparoscopic surgery.
- Hematoma formation: A hematoma is an accumulation of blood outside the blood vessel. This is not normal at all and requires urgent inspection and treatment. This is a relatively common complication that happens after a laparoscopic surgical procedure. Precautions are taken by surgeons to avoid this but it may still occur. It needs to be diagnosed early, and then the bleeding vessel needs to be emobilized selectively in order to reduce any further complication of this type.
- Anesthesia related complications: To prevent anesthesia related complications during laparoscopic surgery, it is essential that procedures related to the airways, ventilation, analgesia, antimetics are followed in the preoperative state.
- Injury: Any injury that may be inflicted on the blood vessels present in the walls of the abdomen or on the sidewall in the pelvic region, as well as injuries in the bowel area and the urinary tract. Proper protocol must be followed by the doctor to avoid such complications as much as possible. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general surgeon.
What are the symptoms of diabetes. My weight is 65 kg and my father is a diabetes patient. Is this disease genetic?
An elephant is obese, eats sugarcane and yet does not develop diabetes. I am sure if he were given 10% sugar drinks everyday or made to eat sweets containing 30% sugar, he would end up with diabetes.
The natural form of sugarcane is eating sugarcane in its raw form, the second form is sugarcane juice, third is gur (jaggery), fourth is shakkar and fifth is white sugar.
The more you eat foods in their natural form, more the health benefits you will get from that food.
Food is Brahmin and contains the same consciousness as you have. Refined foods lose their consciousness and are not beneficial to the health.
Similarly, wheat flour with bran is better than flour without bran, which is better than suji, which is better than maida (refined flour), which is the final product. If refined flour is taken every day, it can cause heart disease, diabetes and high blood pressure
From the past 1 week. I am getting white coloured liquid from my years. But there is no pain for me. Even after I kept tablets also it hasn't stopped. Is there any remedy.
Hii whenever I hear any sound my heartbeat increase and I feel fear why this happened pls tell me I feel so much problem due to this in my life and this specially in night when I am very tired. Thanks.
Ginger extracts help ease the cramps.
Sip on ginger tea to reduce cramps and inflammation.
Ginger offers other benefits too.