Lybrate.com has top trusted Dietitian/Nutritionists from across India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Weight Management Treatment
Customised Diet Chart
Diet Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Treatment
Child Nutrition Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Food Plan Preparation
Healthy Heart Diet
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Treatment Of Restenosis
Asthma Treatment & Management
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Submit a review for Dt. Deepika GuptaYour feedback matters!
I am 18 years old but I have good weight and height. My weight is 82 kg and height is-6 ft 1 inch ,that's why I look like 25 years old ,so what to do to look like my actual age.
I am staying alone and I do not know cooking. So I am eating outside. And when I went to gym. After someday I feel very weak. Now I want to flatten my tommy and I am a vegetarian also. What I can eat as I do not feel weak in gym?
Muscle cramps often occur in the calf muscle of the back of the lower leg. It is often characterized by a momentary sharp pain along with a muscle lump beneath the skin. Just like its sudden appearance, muscle cramp disappears the same way without any botheration. However, a doctor should be consulted if you see any of the following symptoms:
- The pain keeps coming back
- The cramps result in weakening of the muscles
- It causes frequent discomfort
- It results in changed skin color, redness or swelling of the skin
- The condition doesn’t improve with normal care
- Cramps are not associated with obvious causes such as playing, exercising and jogging
What causes muscle cramps?
Any strain on muscle, dehydration, muscle overuse or simply standing for a prolonged time can lead to muscle cramps. The exact cause of muscle cramps is not known in a lot of cases. There could be the following medical conditions that could lead to such muscle cramps:
- Blood supply: At times when the arteries narrow down resulting in an inadequate blood supply in the leg, a sharp pain can be felt followed by muscle cramps. This can happen while exercising or playing. It disappears as soon as one rests their legs.
- Mineral depletion: Shortage of magnesium, potassium and calcium in the body can lead to muscle cramps. Even medication for high blood pressure can lead to cramps in the legs.
- Nerve compression: Nerve compression of the spine can produce sharp pain on the leg muscles. The pain worsens with longer durations of walk. The symptoms, however, can be delayed a bit if the walking posture is changed, like the way one walks while carrying a shopping cart.
What are the risk factors associated to muscle cramps?
- Dehydration: Muscle cramps often happen among athletes when they get dehydrated and fatigued while performing in hot temperature.
- Age: People over the age of 60 often lose mass in the muscle. The remaining mass gets stressed out soon, resulting in muscle cramps.
- Pregnancy: Pregnant women face frequent muscle cramps due to the sudden increase of body weight and restricted movements in the pregnancy period.
- Medical conditions: Certain medical conditions such as nerve disorder, thyroid problems, liver failure, diabetes etc. greatly increase the chance of muscle cramps.
Some common ways to treat muscle cramps:
- A brisk walk followed by stretching relaxes the muscles and greatly helps in staying away from cramps.
- A diet consisting of magnesium on a regular basis gives relief from muscle cramps.
- A wet cloth soaked in hot water often shows magical results and gives instant relief from muscle cramps.
- Being hydrated throughout the day helps with muscle cramps. It is necessary to consume enough amount of electrolytes so that muscle contraction does not happen.
Meri shadii hai 20 days mein aur mera weight kum hai ,mujhe sab dubli patlii bolte hai .kya aisa koi suppliment hai ki jisase mera weight within 15 days gain ho jaye? Plzzz help.
I am 30yrs old.My H.PYLORI TEST IS +VE, for which i took pylori kit for ten days.Still im feeling giddiness,trembling in body,headache n sometimes mild stomach ache.Please advice what should i do next?
Hi I am 19 years old I am very Slim n short I am 51 kg n 5.7 in height Parents & Friend are asking me to join gym to get tall n gain weight by Doing Exercise So my Question is that will I be able to gain weight & height after 5 years, when I will be 24 years old?
I am 27 years old male, and I am diabetic from past 2 years and I am married. Recently I am facing a strange problem, One month ago I started sensing some itchiness on my penis and a white colored layer forming at my penis head even after regular cleaning. As we are planning for children me and my spouse we both went to a gynecologist Dr. for knowing best dates to conceive , as I have notified about my problem she prescribed me to use " CANDIFORCE 200 " since than I am using medications regularly but not cured and from 20 days my force skin circumference reduced and it became very problematic to drag my force skin to fro. Because of this I am unable to mate with my partner. Please let me know why my force skin on penis has become problematic. My sugar levels are normal in range.
A huge haul of Hans and Pan Parag was seized from godowns in Kokkalai. This is a commendable jod done by our police.These substances are sold to small children at school gate by unscrupulous traders who have petty inhuman gain only in their mind. It is very risky as the children will grow up as hard drug addicts and criminals, and antisocials.
I have written so many letters to police authorities years back regarding the dangers of Pan Masala. Feels very happy now, as they have started acting positively about this grave social public health problem.
I need to go to restroom after eating any meal and even before going out of house. Due to this I am unable to travel anywhere. So mostly I do not eat anything when I have to travel. This situation becomes worse when I get stuck in traffic jam or when there is no restroom in vicinity.
Am student it is very difficult toh maintain proper diet for weight gain. Give me some nutrients name that complete my diet.
Hii! I am 20years old. My height is 5.11ft. And my weight is 56kg. I want to increase my weight so please give me solution.
Developmental disabilities include autism, attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder, mental retardation, learning difficulties and other developmenatl delays. Children with these disabilities indicate difficulties in the form of writing, reading, speaking, playing, understanding instructions, hitting, kicking, screaming, swearing, repetitive, rocking, and others. These challenging behaviors requires appropriate psychological assessment and management. With assessment requires numerous behavioral, intelligence and developmental tools. Following assessment appropriate techniques utilized to manage challenging behavior using psychological techniques. Recently new technique came into effect ie., Reflexology which work in other form and with limited sessions. It is one of the alternative therapy which is simple, safe and efective also. Therapist works with reflex area on the feets, hands and head. This techniques proves to be effective in reducing stress, emotional, agressive and behavioral problems of children effectively.