Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. Amit PrabhakarYour feedback matters!
A detoxification diet can be mighty effective in losing weight as well as getting the system cleaned. While there is a lot of opinion about the diet itself, too much restriction on food can lead to monotony. The trick is to have a right mix of everything. The right balance of fibre, protein and other nutrient is necessary for the healthy functioning of the body. Here is a list of things to remember while following a detoxification diet:
- The right amount of protein: Getting the right amount of protein is essential for the body to function properly. The body needs around 20-35 gms of protein in about every four-five hours. It boils down to 3 eggs, half a cup of chicken breast and half a cup of black beans as far as food consumption is concerned. It makes sense to stick to a light protein such as legumes, white portion of the egg, tofu, and poultry. An adult requires a minimum of 60-90 grams of protein on a daily basis. The right choice of protein in terms of taste and calorie will ensure that the detoxification diet can be stuck to.
- Include carbohydrate: Carbohydrate should get a place in the detoxification diet. The body requires a minimum of 120 grams carbohydrates on a daily basis. It can be easily achieved with a balanced diet. Certain food elements such as legume and whole grain provides enough carbohydrate for the body to function throughout the day. Some other good sources of carbohydrate include berries, quinoa, and millet.
- Keep a calorie count: In general, an adult woman needs around 1500 calories per day and a man requires around 1800 calories per day. An individual should aim for a calorie consumption of 350 during breakfast, 450 during lunch and 500 at dinner. Midday snacks should not comprise more than 150 calories on a daily basis. Fast foods containing processed fat and carbohydrate should be eliminated from the detoxification diet.
- Water: While a good detoxification can show fast results, keeping the body hydrated is necessary for the detoxification to work. Apart from hydration, water helps the body to eliminate the waste and ensure the smooth functioning of the kidney. For detoxification to work the kidney should be in great condition. Water also helps to wash away certain unwanted element from the body. A minimum of 3-4 litres of water should be consumed on a daily basis for detoxification to work.
- A healthy lifestyle: For detoxification diet to work, it is necessary to follow a healthy lifestyle. Smoking and drinking should be stopped. 8 hours of sleep and a daily exercise schedule will help an individual to stick to the detoxification diet and get achieve immediate results from it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.