Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Weight Management Treatment
Customised Diet Chart
Diet Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Treatment
Child Nutrition Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Food Plan Preparation
Healthy Heart Diet
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Treatment Of Restenosis
Asthma Treatment & Management
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Submit a review for Dt. Amit PrabhakarYour feedback matters!
With the onset of monsoon temperature drops and the air is often cool, but it is also an ideal time for breeding of mosquitoes. A mosquito bite is universally abhorred. A sting that turns into dengue is even more disliked. Dengue is a mosquito borne disease that causes high fever, rashes and pain in joints and muscles. Since there is no vaccine that can completely eradicate dengue, it becomes important to take preventive measures to reduce mosquitoes and keep the disease at bay.
Here are a few tips that can reduce your risk of being bitten by mosquitoes:
- Do not allow water to accumulate: Mosquitoes breed in standing water. To prevent this do not allow rainwater to collect in pots or stagnate in your garden. Ensure that your water tanks are kept covered always. Keep buckets turned over when not in use. Coolers are generally ineffective in the monsoons so empty them out and keep the trays dry. It is also a good idea to empty and dry swimming pools and ornamental fountains during the monsoons.
- Use mosquito repellent: Dengue mosquitoes typically bite a person during the day. Hence, make it a habit to put on a mosquito repellent along with your sunscreen every time you step out. Mosquito repellents should be used on all the exposed areas of your skin including your ears. Using a mosquito net around your bed at night is the best way to ensure safety against mosquitoes. You could also attach mosquito repellent patches on your infant's clothes.
- Do not allow mosquitoes indoors: Install mesh shutters on your doors and windows. This will allow air in, but will keep mosquitoes out. Take a close look at your doors and windows for holes through which mosquitoes could come in. Also look at their joints and edges to ensure that there are no gaps. Burning camphor and lavender or tea tree aromatics can also help keep mosquitoes away.
- Grow mosquito repelling plants: Citronella and tulsi are two plants that are well known for their mosquito repelling properties. Grow these plants near your window and the entrance of your house to naturally repel mosquitoes.
- Avoid outdoor activities at dawn and dusk: Sunrise and sunset are when mosquitoes are most active. Hence avoid being outdoors at this time. If you must be out, wear protective clothes that minimize the amount of skin exposed. Wearing light colours instead of dark colours can also help as mosquitoes are attracted to dark colours.
My legs arms and every part almost aches when I get up in morning and even the back part below neck hurts when I sit. I feel lethargic and too much weak whole day and my lower part of foot pains. What is this exactly?
For E.G.I have a desk job and in tha last 2 years my weight has gone up from 75 kgs to 85 kgs I want to lose weight please help.
Respected sir/madam, I am 18 years old and my weight is 78 kg there is lots of fat on my body especially on my stomach. So, I want to reduce my fat and I also want to reduce my weight so can you please provide a diet list so my fat and weight can be reduce.
How the dry fruits and nuts helpful in daily life. What is quantity to take everyday. Even the cancer patients (while taking chemotherapy and treatment) and diabetic people also can take dry fruits and nuts. Please give your opinion on this.
I'm 28 years old and a regular gym goer. I want to know if whey protein powder can be taken. If yes which is the best and pure brand to buy.
Since blood is part of the cardiovascular system, and diabetes is a condition in which the level of glucose in the blood is higher than normal, then is certainly some relationship between the two.
Diabetes and cardiovascular system diseases has been recognized to be closely related to each other due to the so-called insulin resistance syndrome or metabolic syndrome. Some examples of the commonly diagnosed cardiovascular disease are coronary heart disease, stroke, high blood pressure and other heart conditions.
Diabetes is considered a major risk factor in cardiovascular diseases. Other factors that contribute to the possibility of acquiring cardiovascular diseases in diabetic patients include hypertension, smoking, and dyslipidemia.
How Diabetes Causes Cardiovascular Problems?
- Hypertension: Hypertension in diabetes is considered a major contributor to the increase in mortality from cardiovascular diseases. Diabetic patients, especially those with Type 2, need to always have their blood pressure checked every visit to the doctor. Self-monitoring at home is also a must to maintain and control the rise of blood pressure. The American Diabetes Association recommends a target blood pressure of not more than 130/85 mm Hg to maintain a good level of blood pressure.
- Arteriosclerosis and Atherosclerosis: Arteriosclerosis is the stiffening or hardening of the artery walls while Atherosclerosis is the narrowing of the artery because of plaque build-up. Atherosclerosis is a form of hardening of the blood vessels/arteries, caused by fatty deposits and local tissue reaction in the walls of the arteries. Diabetes is a documented high risk factor for the development of both Atherosclerosis, Arteriosclerosis. Heart disease and stroke, arising mainly from the effects of atherosclerosis, account for 65 percent of deaths among diabetics.
- Hyperglycemia: Hyperglycemia means high (hyper) glucose (gly) in the blood (emia). Your body needs glucose to properly function. Your cells rely on glucose for energy. Hyperglycemia is a defining characteristic of diabetes, when the blood glucose level is too high because the body isn't properly using or doesn't make the hormone insulin. There is a growing recognition that diabetes belongs to a special category of risk factors because it markedly increases risk of CVD. This increase is partly the result of the pernicious effects of persistent hyperglycemia on the vasculature and partly due to the coexistence of other metabolic risk factors.
- Smoking: Smoking has been determined dangerous to our health. Studies show that smoking indeed increase risk of premature death and cardiovascular disease in diabetic patients.
- Atrial Fibrillation: Atrial Fibrillation means an irregular and rapid heart rate which can increase the risk of stroke, heart failure and other cardiac issues. Individuals with diabetes are at an increased risk of developing atrial fibrillation. This risk is higher among patients with a longer duration of treated diabetes and poorer glycemic control.
Individuals with insulin resistance or diabetes in combination with one or more of these risk factors are at even greater risk of heart disease or stroke. However, by managing their risk factors, patients with diabetes may avoid or delay the development of heart and blood vessel disease. Your health care provider will do periodic testing to assess whether you have developed any of these risk factors associated with cardiovascular disease. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
My mother is having pain and swelling in their knees for a long time. Everyday she takes pain killers for relief. It works for a while but then it all start again Please tell me what is the cure of this disease.
Hello I want to know the vegan diet plan for reducing weight and for slowing ageing. I am 35 years old female, 5 feet height, current weight 58 kg. And my skin is getting loose, might be its due to gyming. Kindly share some best diet plan for me. Thanks.
I am just about to be 18 in august and I am a 100 kg and just 5 feet 11 and half inch in height . I really want to loose at least 10 kgs before my birthday i.e. 15 August P.S. I have started gyming.
Helps prevent cancer.
High in anti-oxidants.
Lower high bloodpressure.
Helps improve vision.
Strengthens immunity system.
Promotes healthy glowing skin.
Helps the brain and nervous system function.
Low in calories buy high in nutrients.