Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
I'm 76 years old person. Ultrasound of abdomen has revealed prostate enlargement with urine retention of nearly 22 ml. I am put on tablets veltam 0.4 mg. Since last year. But the urgency and frequency of passing urine persists. Am I put on correct medicine or some other medicines are recommended for my prostatic problem. At this advanced age I am scared of undergoing surgery. Please advise. I will be thankful.
I'm so weak and thin also energy level so weak what should I do for good health pls give best solution.
Bedwetting or nocturnal enuresis, refers to the unintentional passage of urine during sleep. Enuresis is the medical term for wetting, whether in the clothing during the day or in bed at night. Another name for enuresis is urinary incontinence. For infants and young children, urination is involuntary. Wetting is normal for them. Most children achieve some degree of bladder control by 4 years of age. Daytime control is usually achieved first, while nighttime control comes later.
The age at which bladder control is expected varies considerably. Some parents expect dryness at a very early age, while others not until much later. Such a time line may reflect the culture and attitudes of the parents and caregivers.
Factors that affect the age at which wetting is considered a problem include the following:
- The child's gender: Bedwetting is more common in boys.
- The child's development and maturity
- The child's overall physical and emotional health. Chronic illness and/or emotional and physical abuse may predispose to bedwetting.
No one knows for sure what causes bed-wetting, but various factors may play a role:
- A small bladder: Your child's bladder may not be developed enough to hold urine produced during the night.
- Inability to recognize a full bladder: If the nerves that control the bladder are slow to mature, a full bladder may not wake your child, especially if your child is a deep sleeper.
- A hormone imbalance: During childhood, some kids don't produce enough anti-diuretic hormone (ADH) to slow nighttime urine production.
- Stress: Stressful events, such as becoming a big brother or sister, starting a new school, or sleeping away from home, may trigger bed-wetting.
- Urinary tract infection: This infection can make it difficult for your child to control urination.
- Sleep apnea: Sometimes bed-wetting is a sign of obstructive sleep apnea, a condition in which the child's breathing is interrupted during sleep.
- Diabetes: For a child who's usually dry at night, bed-wetting may be the first sign of diabetes.
A structural problem in the urinary tract or nervous system. Rarely, bed-wetting is related to a defect in the child's neurological system or urinary system.
- Wetting during the day
- Frequency, urgency, or burning on urination
- Straining, dribbling, or other unusual symptoms with urination
- Cloudy or pinkish urine, or blood stains on underpants or pajamas
- Soiling, being unable to control bowel movements
Most kids are fully toilet trained by age 5, but there's really no target date for developing complete bladder control. Between the ages of 5 and 7, bed-wetting remains a problem for some children. After 7 years of age, a small number of children still wet the bed.
When to see a doctor: Most children outgrow bed-wetting on their own, but some need a little help. In other cases, bed-wetting may be a sign of an underlying condition that needs medical attention.
Consult your child's doctor if:
- Your child still wets the bed after age 7
- Your child starts to wet the bed after a few months or more of being dry at night
- Bed-wetting is accompanied by painful urination, unusual thirst, pink or red urine, hard stools, or snoring
- Self-Care at Home-
Here are some tips for helping your child stop wetting the bed. These are techniques that are most often successful
- Reduce evening fluid intake.
- The child should urinate in the toilet before bedtime.
- A system of sticker charts and rewards works for some children.
- Make sure the child has safe and easy access to the toilet.
Some believe that you should avoid using diapers or pull-ups at home because they can interfere with the motivation to wake up and use the toilet.
After pregnancy I gain lots of weight , one year gone but still weight is around 84 kg.My height is 5.6 inch and sir I want to reduce around 20 kg.Please suggest me vegiterian diet plan.
Hey My name is ansh pandey, my Age 21. My city is Bhopal (Madhya Pradesh). My problem is my stamina is very low so plzz help how to increase my stamina. thanks so much Ansh pandey Bhopal Madhya pradesh.
How to reduce weight within 30 days without the use of steroids. By doing exercises. With the help of antibiotics.
My weight is 96 kg, height 5 ft 8 inches, wants to reduce my weight, because of weight and age 65 years my knee starts paining, every one suggest me to reduce my weight.
I am not able to loose my weight I don't know weather it is genetic or due to any other reason how can I loose my weight plzz tell me?
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? Go ahead and Share!
I want to reduce my weight. It's 95kg and my height is 5.11 feet and I am 21 years old so please give a good advice and suggestion to reduce my weight.
Hi, Very Good Evening to you. I am a 29 year old male who is overweight. I reduced my diet, I skip evening meal but sometimes have Veg Sandwich (Brown Bread) and some raw fruits (Water Melon, Musk Melon, Papaya, and Corn etc.) and fruit juices (Sugar Cane, Papaya etc.) instead. Also, I have reduced intake of junk food otherwise too still I see very less effects. Can you suggest me more what should I do. I want to go for jogging but I am in night shift work hours and hence unable to follow it. So please advise. Thanks and Regards,
Metabolism is the word used to indicate the chemical changes which take place in the body necessary for fulfilment of its vital functions.
The rate of metabolism is high when you are physically and mentally very active. Normally, your daily activity starts in the morning hours and therefore, don’t miss your breakfast.
Similarly, your rate of metabolism is the lowest in the night when you rest physically and mentally. Accordingly, your night meal has to be light and early so that it is mostly digested before you go to sleep. Avoid late night dinners.
With this kind of balancing, you can be free from OBESITY