Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Zeba Khanam
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Zeba KhanamYour feedback matters!
Laughter is the best medicine, we have all heard this a number of times. It is a well known fact that laughter releases healthy hormones like endorphins and send good signals through the neurotransmitters even as it oxygenates your blood with the huge gulps of air that you take in which also strengthens the immune system. Yet, for many us, not being able to laugh has become a chronic problem as we are so caught up in our day to day struggle, that we forget to smile and laugh or rather, we do not believe that we deserve to be happy. For many people, this is a lost art that they do not know how to bring back. So follow these five tips on bringing more laughter back into your life.
- Laughter Club: Join those early morning laughter clubs and get your funny bone working with a session. These sessions usually take place at the park and are a ton of fun to be in. Take a friend or two along and laugh with someone you know. These laughter clubs can be enjoyed by all ages and groups of people.
- Intent: Get into the mood with the right intention. Intent can make or break even the most trying situations and there is nothing the body will not do once the mind has decided to do it. So wake up and go to sleep with the intent to laugh more every day, no matter what the situation, so that you spread happiness within and outside and get some company for laughing even more.
- Morning Routine: Apart from the laughter club right in the morning, you can make laughing a part of your daily routine from the time you wake up. If you are in the habit of switching on the news or reading the newspaper as you get ready to face the world, chances are that you will less than happy and even slightly morose, by the time you step out of the house. So read the comic strip of your newspaper and enjoy a hearty laugh that will shape the way you look at things the entire day.
- Friends: No matter how busy you are, make time for family and friends beyond the routine greetings and meal times. Spend time with the people you love and find things to smile and laugh about.
- Comedy Nights: Reserve a special place for comedy nights in your weekly calendar and watch reruns of your favourite episodes from start to finish. Identify a favourite stand up comic and follow him or her! So laugh your troubles away and laugh your way towards a healthier lifestyle (lear more about Lifestyle Changes For a Healthy HEART)!
Please suggest. Is it possible for a thyroid women to deliver a baby after thirty or carry pregnancy after thirty?
There are several medical conditions that can adversely impact the vulva in females. There can be infections ranging from mild to high as per the skin condition. The vulva is also at the risk of developing cancer in some cases. It is advisable to see your doctor, whenever you find any bleeding, rash or lump in the vulva. Your doctor will be in a position to tell whether you need immediate treatment or not. Your symptoms will help him to determine the cause behind the changes.
What is the vulva?
Vulva forms the outer (external) sex organs of a woman. It is made up of two pairs of muscular 'lips'. The outer pair is called the labia majora. The outer pair is covered in pubic hair. The inner pair is called the labia minora. The inner pair is thinner and is very delicate and sensitive. You will find two openings in between these lips. These lips lead to uterus and urethra separately. There is a tiny organ called clitoris that lies just in front of the vulva.
What are the symptoms linked to vulva related diseases?
The symptoms will depend obviously on the underlying condition. Ranging from pain, itching, and finding a lump, you may notice several kinds of symptoms. All these changes are related to the appearance of the vulva. The symptoms decide the gravity of the situation. It is advisable to not wait and take prompt medical help in case of lumps in the vulva. A doctor will be able to tell what has happened to tell you by means of physical examination first. Later, you might have to take tests like internal swab test. A swab is nothing, but a small ball of cotton attached to a thin stick. It will be rubbed inside vulva to collect samples for testing. The doctor may also go for a biopsy to confirm the presence of carcinogenic cells in the vulva lump.
What type of infections can affect vulva?
Vulva can be affected by infections that are caused by germs such as bacteria, viruses and fungi. You may be affected due to the following infections:
1. Thrush: It is a common infection in women. It leads to a whitish discharge. It makes the vulva red and very itchy. It can be treated with anti fungal creams.
2. Genital herpes infection: It is a sexually-transmitted infection and spreads by skin-to-skin contact. Many people who are infected might not have symptoms. But they are carriers and can pass on to a healthy person. There is an occurrence of mild soreness or blisters.
3. Genital warts: It is caused by viral infection due to close sexual contact.
4. Other infections: You vulva can be affected by scabies and pubic lice.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am 25 yrs old n I have irregular periods the derivation is 2 to 3 month can you suggest me what to do.
1) aswaganda: it is called indian ginseng, has long been used by ayurvedic practitioners as a rejuvenating tonic. It has antiinflammatory, antitumor, anti stress, antioxidant, immune modulatory and rejuvenating properties. This herb fortifies our ability to cope with stress, reduce anxiety, improves mental acuity, reaction time and physical performance.
2). Ginkgo biloba: it is useful for improvements in thinking, learning and memory. Improvements in daily living and in social behavior, and reduced symptoms of depression.
3). Ginseng, fish, beriberies and caffeine enhance memory, attention span and brain function. Caffeine can energize you and help your concentration. It is found in coffee, chocolate and energy drinks.
4). Sugar can enhance your alertness. Not the table sugar. Glucose can offer short-term boost to memory, thinking and mental ability.
5). Eat breakfast to fuel your brain. It may improve short term memory and attention.
6). Fish is a real brain food. There are two major types of efa: omega 3 fatty acids found in cold water fish such as salomon, mackerels, halibut and herring. Omega 6fatty acids are commonly used cooking oils such as sunflower, safflower oils, corn and soybean oil. They are important role in cognitive and behavioral function.
7). Add a daily dose of nuts and chocolates. A well balanced diet rich in micro nutrients is essential for normal brain development in children.
8). Add avocados and whole grains. This reduce your risk of plaque buildup in brain and enhance blood flow, offering a simple tasty way to fire up brain cells.
9). Beriberies are super nutritious. It helps to prevent brain from the damage caused by free radicals.
10). Vitamins, minerals and supplements: the brain boosting power supplements like vitamin b, c, e beta carotene, magnesium and herbs like ginseng, ginkgo, valerian, brahmi, passiflora are promising.
11). Mind/ body techniques such as hypnotherapy, progressive relaxation and biofeedback are particularly well suited to children and adolescents.
12). Get ready for a big day:
1) get a good night's sleep
2) stay hydrated.
3) exercise to help sharpen thinking.
4) meditate to clear thinking and relaxation.
13). Change your thinking: confidence-discipline-believe
1) open your mind to possibilities.
2) have the personal discipline to carry out your plans.
3) walk with your head high and believe in yourself.
4) the power to change is within yourself.
5) if you believe it you can do it.
14) there are some useful bach remedies to over come mental illness.
A) chestnut but: this remedy has two symptoms namely slowness in learning and escapist mentality.
B) sceleranthus: it is useful for unsteadiness of mind and postponing nature.
C) willow it is useful for blaming others for our own mistakes.
D) larch it is beneficial for lack of self confidence.
E) cherry plum it is useful for irresistible temptation and uncontrollable thirst, anger, appetite etc.