Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Yulia MathiasYour feedback matters!
Common causes include -
1. Use of all forms of tobacco (gutkha, khaini, bidi, cigarette, paan etc.)
2. Irritating or sharp edged dentures or teeth causing chronic non healing ulcers
3. Poor oral hygiene
4. Some hereditary conditions (example - Plummer Vinson Syndrome)
It starts as change in color of oral mucosa or non healing chronic ulcer which grows with time. It may or may not bleed on touch. Pain may be or may not present
Another form of oral cancer which resembles cauliflower is known as verrucous carcinoma.
Prevention of cancer includes -
1. Quitting all kind of habits including tobacco
2. Regular dental and oral checkups
3. Maintainance of good oral hygiene,
4. Rounding or removal of ill fitting dentures or prostheses.
I am 21 year old male, and I have ulcer often since last two years, I can't eat all kind of food, while I took medicines for that it will be okay, but after sometime it continues so for that what can I do?
Past from 6 months I have mouth ulcer it was not painful when I eat after some time I feel like hot chilli I took soon I should take lot of water or sweet after words I feel normal some time I feel my saliva tried out I took lot of multivitamins what I should do.
We all love a set of perfectly aligned teeth to show off when we smile. Many get braces done to get this straight set of teeth. However, many people find it mysterious that their teeth have suddenly started to crowd. Somebody could even be in their late 20s, well past their growing years, and suddenly realize that there is crowding setting in for the last few months. It poses a big cosmetic problem and also affects the way teeth bite with each other.
Causes: The sudden appearance of crowding seems very mysterious. However, in most people, there is no exact reason to pinpoint and it seems it is hereditary and genetic. Despite having braces done, there is sudden crowding after the growing years are over. Though an exact correlation has not been established, it is believed that strange habits of people not related to their mouth at all causes tooth crowding. Regular pressure on the mouth by either placing the face on the head or sleeping on the belly puts a constant pressure on the mouth and leads to crowding over a prolonged period of time.
The most logical explanation is however, what is termed as ‘physiologic mesial drift’. By nature, the teeth have a constant, very gradual movement towards the incisors which is the midpoint of the jaw. Given this inherent quality, there is mild constant pressure from the molars towards the incisors and this is what leads to crowding. Stronger jaw bones may slow the process, but it is not yet proven. This physiologic mesial drift is the reason why the lower front teeth are the most common area of crowding.
Management: The earlier the dentist intervenes, the shorter the treatment duration and the quicker the correction. Radiographs and models would be required to identify the problem completely. The bite with the upper teeth needs to be assessed though to make sure it is not very deep. The age of the person also determine the results.
Mild to moderate crowding in this area can be managed with just a lower brace for about 5 to 10 months. In some cases, even an upper brace would be required. In cases of severe crowding, some cases even presenting with two rows of teeth, some teeth definitely have to be removed and the remaining teeth need to be aligned and the extra spaces closed. Severe crowding may also require you to wear a retained for a long period. This could be placed on the inner side (tongue or palatal side) to improve cosmetic effect.
There is no need to panic when you realize the teeth are crowding, there is definitely a way to flash that bright smile again!
I am having yellow teeth. Can you please suggest ways off whitening my teeth. It would be better if they are domestic or household methods.
I need to stop intensive bad breath all the time before food and after food. Please I don't need any advice. Its not a dental issue but gastric problem. Tell me the drugs I have to use. Give me names and methods to do and for how long. My professional life is in danger. Prescribed drugs should be available in Europe. Thank you for your time.
I have stains in my teeth. I had it cleaned every 3months basis. Bt it keeps on appearing. Doc advice me not to smoke r drink neither. Bt I am a tetottler I hv never drank alcohol r smoke cigrate in my life. Pls suggest something. I brush twice a day.
Hello Doctor, I have additional half teeth attached with a teeth and that half teeth has cavities. So is there any treatment for that or I have to consult dentist to remove that teeth?
I am 18 yrs old. I am suffering from recurring mouth ulcer. I have taken hameopath. But no works please. Suggest me what to do?
What is root canal for dental cavity. I have a cavity in my teeth for a very very long time. I want to get it filled. But the doctor said that you need root canal.
I am 21 years old male. The problem which I suffering is bad smell from my mouth. I met 2 dentists. But they couldn't cure my problem. Even then couldn't recognise what was my problem and how to cure. I have a body odour problem also. I think there is a relation between bad smell from mouth and body odour. After bathing, within 1 hr bad smell is coming from body at armpits. Similarly after brush of my teeth within 10 minutes bad smell is coming from mouth. Please give the solution for my problem.
Is there any tooth treatment and repair process for cavities apart from the conventional drilling and filling? Is it available in India?
Bad breath is embarrassing. It inconveniences you and everyone around you. It affects your life in more ways than you might be aware of. It is crucial that you give due care to your oral health well in time to save difficult procedures and unbearable decay in time. Here are a few ways how you can do that:
1. Brushing Twice: This is the first and the most important. The reasons of odour in the mouth are mainly gum disease, tooth decay, and cavities. You should brush your teeth twice, once right after you wake up and just before you go to bed.
2. Tongue Cleaning and Flossing: It’s not just brushing, you need to clean your tongue too. This is the area where harmful bacteria are present. To avoid odour and mouth diseases, ensure that you have a tongue cleaner and that you clean your tongue every time you brush your teeth. Also remove the in-betweens of the teeth with a flossing thread. It ensures complete deposit free oral hygiene.
3. No to Mints: Avoid using mints and gums to disguise the odour in your breath. They are temporary disguises and do more harm than good. They have sugar which stays back in your mouth and spoils your oral health, drastically. If you have to choose ones which are free of sugar.
4. Drink Ample Water: If your mouth is dry, it is a bad sign. Saliva has the important enzymes which help kill bacteria. If your mouth is dry, bacteria are increasing. So, drink water. Ensure you drink at least eight glasses of water in a day.
5. Rinse After Every Meal: Always wash the insides of your mouth well, after eating anything, esp. chocolates and other sugary foods. A good swirl with water inside your mouth will get rid of the food lodged in corners.
6. Pick The Right Fruits: Certain fruits and vegetables are very good for oral health. Juicy and crunchy Vitamin C rich fruits like bell peppers, broccoli, berries and apple have a cleansing effect on your teeth.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.