Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Yulia Mathias
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Yulia MathiasYour feedback matters!
When a tooth is lost, the dental implant or dental crown would be the closest replacement both in terms of chewing efficiency and facial appearance.
Unlike a denture, the implant replaces not just the crown structure but also the root portion. This ensures that the tooth is replaced as it was prior to the loss. When clinically done properly and cared for appropriately, the dental implant can last for decades.
Why Is a Dental Crown Needed?
A dental crown may be needed in the following situations:
- To protect a weak tooth (for instance, from decay) from breaking or to hold together parts of a cracked tooth
- To restore an already broken tooth or a tooth that has been severely worn down
- To cover and support a tooth with a large filling when there isn't a lot of tooth left
- To hold a dental bridge in place
- To cover misshapened or severely discolored teeth
- To make a cosmetic modification
And, if you have gone for dental implants, keep the following in-check to maintain a good oral health after you the implant is done-
- Until the effect of the anesthetic wears off, do not eat or limit to drinking something cold. Avoid anything hot or spicy for the first day.
- Start using the mouthwash from the evening of surgery and continue through the entire week. It should be held in the surgical area for at least a minute, repeated 3 times daily, for the first week.
- The other teeth should be brushed from the evening of the surgery. The surgical area should not be touched for the first 3 to 4 days. After that, depending on the pain tolerance, gently brush this area with a soft toothbrush.
- Add a teaspoon of salt to a glass of warm water, keep it in the surgical site for a soothing effect. This can be repeated as many times as possible, after each meal or snack.
- Follow a soft diet and do not let the food go into the surgical site area.
- Do not disturb the surgical site with either tongue or finger.
- Smoking should be completely avoided until the wound completely heals. The negative pressure created during can dislodge the clot and lead to delayed healing and even complications like dry socket.
- Expect some swelling and/or bruising in the cheek and mouth area, which will increase for the first 2 to 3 days and then gradually subside. Swelling can be managed with ice packs or a cold towel that is applied for 10 minutes with half-hour breaks. From day 2 onwards, gentle heat can be used.
- Similarly, expect pain for the first couple of days which can be controlled with pain-killers. Take the first pain-killer before the anesthetic effect wears off.
- Continued pain and swelling after the first 4 to 5 days should prompt a visit to the dentist, as it might be an indication of underlying dental infection.
- If you have dentures over the surgical implant site, try using them to the least extent possible for the first week.
- Complete the entire antibiotics course after the surgery.
Appropriate post-operative care goes a long way in ensure the implant gets absorbed and lasts a lifetime. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I have 2 cavities in my teeth. One is deeper and other is spot. I do oil pulling since 6 months and uses vicco toothpaste. I do not see any results but my cavities does not spread. I want to heal it naturally. Any other ayurvedic remedies can you suggest.
My tongue is getting white from last 15 days .i clean it but .again it gets white layers on tongue .is it due to any problem or common.
A chipped or knocked out tooth can be a very painful condition. Tooth injuries are most often caused during a sports activity or when you take a nasty fall. And such accidents can hamper your general well-being, your ability to enjoy food, your appearance and your precious smile.
Different types of tooth injuries:
- A minor chip: A minor tooth fracture usually involves chipping of the enamel only
- A major chip: A deeper fracture can involve chipping of both the enamel and the dentin of a tooth
- A serious fracture that exposes the nerve and blood vessels in the centre of the teeth
- A fully displaced teeth: Here the tooth is forced upward, downward or to the side
- A knocked off teeth: One that lands in your hand or shatters in the ground after impact
- Trauma injuries: A more serious accident that involves head, neck and facial trauma
- Wear and tear: Cavities or chewing and biting on hard objects like pencils, ice cubes, or hard chocolates can also lead to tooth injury
- Fighting the fight: When 'I'll break your teeth' ceases to be an empty threat
How are tooth fractures treated?
Treatment depends on the extent of your fractures. A knocked out teeth can be re-implanted in many cases. A permanent tooth that is re-implanted within 30 minutes has the highest chance of success. Here's what you can do to save your tooth:
- Collect your broken tooth: Carefully collect the tooth fragments to not cause any additional damage which may prevent re-implantation. Avoid touching the root part of the tooth. Wash it gently in lukewarm water and keep it in a small bowl of milk. Avoid scrubbing or scraping to remove dirt.
- Reinsert your teeth if possible: Once you rinse your teeth, try to reinsert your teeth in the cavity. This may be a painful exercise, so proceed only if you think you can bear through it. You can store it between your cheek and gum to prevent drying or in a bowl of whole milk.
- Take care of yourself: If there is bleeding, give your mouth a good rinse to clear off the blood that is blocking the view. Identify the source of bleeding and press in with a sterile gauze or cloth.
- Give yourself a treat: This is a great way to get your mind off the pain and works wonders for children. Treat yourself with an ice lolly/ frozen pop to ease out the pain. If there is any cut on your gums or lips, another equally tasty home remedy is to cover it with sugar which will temporarily stop the bleeding and the sweetness will help you to forget the pain for the time being.
- Go to a dentist: Even if it is a minor chip, it is always advisable to see a dentist, as the cut may be sharp and can eventually end up hurting your tongue.
Your teeth need to last your lifetime, so take good care of them, especially when faced with an injury.
I have bad breath problem, whenever I open my mouth after eating something, my mouth starts bad breathing, help me.
Actually sir I have a little game in My akal ki daal which is the last end of the teeth so I have a problem to chewing the food so help me what should I do to fill the gap in between last two teeth.
Excessive intake of starch and sugar oriented foods lead to tooth decay and this dental condition is often associated with other serious symptoms like dental pain, gum swelling and others. Deficiency of a few minerals, especially magnesium, calcium, phosphorus and vitamin-D also causes this kind of dental condition.
If you want to get instant relief from unwanted symptoms, then you should rely on medicines, but normal medicines will not do any good; rather you should take only homeopathic medicines. Innumerable homeopathic medicines have been currently invented by the experienced researchers that can efficiently deal with all kinds of dental troubles or issues.
Main homeopathic medicines used for treating tooth decay: Your smile can be now well preserved and protected in the long run by using different kinds of useful homeopathic medicines. You should use these medicines only after they have been prescribed by the homeopathic practitioner. Some of the most prominent options in this regard are as follows:
- Belladonna: If you are having a severe toothache due to tooth decay and are looking for an instant solution, then nothing can be a better option than this medicine. Apart from removing the dental inflammation, it is also very much helpful in maintaining dental pulp condition. On the other hand, nervous excitability can also be efficiently controlled by taking Belladonna.
- Chamomilla: This is also quite a popular homeopathic medicine, which is prescribed by maximum homeopathic experts for dealing with different kinds of acute dental conditions. Dental sensitiveness can be completely reduced, and necessary warmth can be catered by this medicine so that your ears do not get hurt due to dental pain. This is very much effective, especially during emergency dental conditions when the pains are simply getting unbearable.
- Mercurius: Pulsating toothaches due to broken or decayed tooth can be now controlled only by this medicine. Sometimes, doctors prescribe many other medicines along with this drug in order to handle the dental troubles in a proper manner. Sometimes, painful ulcerations can also be prevented by using the concerned medicine. Now, night-time dental emergencies can be well-treated with this remedy.
- Arnica: This is one of the commonest recedes and this homeopathic medicine is now available in almost every house so that any kind of dental troubles, especially severe pains due to tooth decay can be prevented. In fact, this is the safest option of all.
Overall, one can say that homeopathy provides the best remedy to toothaches that too without any side effects.