Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. YogitaYour feedback matters!
Hi i'm 22 years female got a child aged 7 months, stopped feeding milk, I ha prolonged periods for more than a month, checked with a gynecologist she advised me to take trapic mf tablets for 2 days. But my periods didn't stop yet. Can you please guide me.
How to periods come fastest. When periods was missed. Which medicine take to periods come faster plsssss.
My wife having blocked fallopian tubes. 2times Ivf done with no result. Please guide us . wife age is 37yrs.
I'm married. Recently we were try for baby to last four month, But we are not successful. Nothing any problem of us, so please ans. Of my query.
I'm 8 months preg rh-ve mother, missed abortion previously and missed NTT injection also, having low amniotic fluid level from 6th month of my current pregnancy but now fluid level is adequate so do I have normal delivery in that case.
I am 30 years old and trying to conceive since 3 months. I have regular menstrual cycle and ovulate each month on time (raw egg white cervical mucus observed. I never ever took any contraceptive pill or other hormonal medicines. How long will it take to conceive normally and how can I improve my fertility? Please let me know.
If you have taken contraceptive pill after sex and then you have sex after 1 week again. Is it needed to use another pill? If we r in doubt. Should we? Both times with condom.
I am 25 year old unmarried girl I have problem of luchorea some body tell me that in the night a Kali of Lahsun is kept at vagina. So I tried it and it is entered in my vagina and I tried to get outside it but it was not come out side so I want to that it may be harmful or not for my vagina. Please suggest ASAP if yes than provide me solution.
So what can cause your hair to fall at an alarming rate?
The reasons behind hair loss could be many, but here are 6 major ones:
1. Lack of protein in your diet
When you exclude protein from your diet, your body starts to conserve the protein that it has by altering the growth cycle of your hair. In such cases, your hair enters into the resting stage, resulting in zero hair growth.
In India, 9 out of 10 people are said to suffer from low amounts of protein in their diet, with 91% vegetarians reporting protein deficiency.
2. Iron deficiency
Iron plays a very important role in the transportation of oxygen to the different organs of the body. Lack of iron in your diet (which is the principle reason behind anaemia) can give rise to several health problems including hair loss. Your body attempts to direct oxygen to important organs so as to support their functioning. As a result, your scalp witnesses a low supply of oxygen, which causes hair loss.
3. Vitamin D-3 deficiency
Deficiency of vitamin D-3 gives rise to a type of hair loss called Telogen Effluvium (TE). This is a temporary hair thinning phenomenon that takes place when the all the hair on your scalp enter the resting phase at the same time, subsequently causing you to shed a large amount of hair later on.
Smoking can also affect the health of your hair, especially the rate at which it falls and the number of strands lost in a day. A research carried out by the Harvard School of Public Health has revealed that smoking can cause a rise in a hormone called dihydrotestosterone (DHT).
An increase in DHT level prevents new hair cells from growing and causes hair follicles to reduce in size with each hair cycle. As a result, the area on your scalp that gets affected by DHT experiences a lack of hair growth.
5. Use of testosterone supplements in gym
Intake of testosterone in the form of supplements and injections to build muscle mass can trigger hair loss in men. This takes place when the testosterone in these supplements gets changed into DHT, thereby affecting your hair loss rate and amount.
6. Past illnesses (dengue, TB and typhoid)
Falling of hair can also be brought on by illnesses such as typhoid, TB and dengue as the hair growth cycle comes to a stop. Hormonal or metabolic stress that is experienced during the course of such diseases may cause hairfall.
What are the treatments available to cure hair loss?
1. Hair transplant
Hair transplant is a minimally invasive surgical technique that transfers hair follicles taken from other parts of your body to the balding area. Known by the name of Follicular Unit Transplantation, this hair loss treatment can help to bring back the natural appearance of a fuller head of hair. Hair follicles are harvested using two procedures- follicular unit extraction and strip harvesting. Procedure can vary from 4-8 hours or more depending on the case.
2. Platelet- Rich Plasma (PRP)
Platelet- Rich Plasma (PRP) is another treatment alternative that can reverse hair loss. It’s a simple non-surgical procedure that lasts about 60-90 minutes. In this form of hair treatment, the patient’s own blood cells, more specifically blood platelets are injected into the scalp. Usually 8 sittings are required with each sitting being 2 weeks apart for better results.
3. Low Level Laser (Light) Therapy (LLLT)
This form of hair therapy utilises light energy of a specific wavelength and threshold to stimulate cellular activity, thereby promoting hair growth. Various controlled clinical tests have revealed its effectiveness in encouraging hair growth in both the genders.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult"
Respected Doctors Can you tell me if I wear a condom after half intercourse from start. And my end of sex is protected, And my penis periods are came 3 days ago from today nd from the sex 50 hrs ago she take unwanted 72. So please can you tell me we are safe or pregnancy is possible or not?
Hello doc, my wife has an ovarian cyst we got married before 10 months and now we wants a baby we tried since 5 months but she is not getting pregnant. Is it due to ovarian cyst? Ovarian cyst prevents pregnancy ?plz suggest.
Hi doc, good morning I have unprotected sex on 10th May at 12pm she has period date on 20th every month and I didn't cum inside her, I have ejaculated with my hands in an tub, when I seen her vagina I can find a white substance around her vagina am tensed that is der any chance of getting pregnancy, is der any chance that a man can ejaculate two times at the time of sex, am bothered about the pregnancy is der any chance of getting pregnancy am sure that I didn't cum inside her, if possible can I Give her an ipill please help me out doc has soon as possible am getting tensed.
I take divorce with my wife and after 20 days I married a lady whose age is 52 years and my age is 37 and I decided that I will not marry a woman who is under 45 and on our wedding day she and I went into the bedroom she is saying me that she is very sleepy so I said today is a special day and no I do not want anything just I want to sleep so I said her that today I want to have sex with her so she said nothing and then I show her porn videos after that she got only she got some interest in that and then she take out her dress and let me do so I have sex 2times on that day and then we sleep and in morning I said takeout your dress she is saying why so I said for sex ahe said that only 2 times a week she said then I said nothing and then I was masturbating in front of her in night so she stopped me and said so I stopped and sleep and then I think she sleep and start pressing her boobs so she stopped and said me to sleep my penis was getting stand while I see but she will not allow me to have sex and she dint get pregnant she always use to wear nightie while sleeping and on that day she was very much stress after 4 clock in night I takeout her nightie very quietly anf start having sex I release my sperm into her vagina then also she dint get up so so I just hugged her like that only and sleep she get up at 10: 30 at morning and wake me up and should me very badly why I fucked her and then she was angry on me so I convinced her with the plan of honeymoon before only she said sex only 2 days 1 time sex so I said I want sex 4 times a day she said then I will not having sex with you till 2 weeks if you have sex me with 4 times day I also say that just give hand job to me but she will not just she will kiss me whenever I want on lips only not on chicks or body her age is 52 and height is 5.6 and breast size is36c and my age is 37 height is 5.9 and penis size 4 inch so help me by having sex witb my wife by medicine or something and I want to make her pregnant but she will not get pregnant please reply my question as soon as possible.
We've probably heard about it, read it and even watched it a few times - devices like TV and laptop take a toll on our health. But are the studies backed with statistics applicable to us? What duration crosses the limit between acceptable and dangerous. Given that both these devices are entwined in our lives not only to entertain, but also make our lives easy, how much can you really avoid them? The reality is that you can't. So here is a quick look at what impacts you the most and how you can manage it best.
1. Increased eye irritability: We are quite used to multi-screen viewing these days. We work on our laptops or iPads while we watch TV at home. While this may seem like a skilled process in multi-brain functionality, but it is subjecting our eyes continuously to artificial light, making us blink less often. Often extending to over 12 hours a day, a mix or laptop and TV viewing can cause dry eyes, irritability, and reduced vision problems.
2. Increased obesity: Having access to everything from groceries to jewelry online makes it unnecessary to move out of the house on a Sunday. This is a boon and a bane in its own right. Easy access means spending lesser time standing in supermarket queues but more time in front of the TV. This can lead to lethargy and obesity. This risk is very real in children and we are battling with an entire generation on the brink of obesity and related problems. Did you know that childhood obesity risk increases by 60% when kids watch one hour of TV! Don't even try the math for a year's worth of television!
3. Increased affinity for junk food: TV has more side effects than you think. It automatically makes us reach out for the most harmful foods that taste great but hardly have any nutritional value. From chips to pizzas to burgers to quick fix noodles some with extra cheese others with a copious quantity of salts slowly add harmful toxins to the body. The worst part is that we are so lost in our work or TV that we don't realize the quantity we are chewing down.
4. It affects your sleep cycle: Having these handy late in the night also confuses our body with artificial light, throwing our sleep cycle off balance.
5. The one-off cases are real for some people: We often hear horror stories about some 12 years old whose thighs burned up because of excessive laptop use. There are other stories about a man who came home after a workout and accidently touched his laptop's power cord to be electrocuted. There are other stories linking these gadgets to cancer risks. These stories may be played up by the media for viral effect but the fact remains that you never know when you can be that 'somebody'.
Sep 20 I got my period so supposed to be by Oct 18-20 I will have my monthly period. But instead I of period I only got spotting. After 2-3days I experience lower abdomen cramps, headache, lost appetite, take a nap every afternoon which is very usual, vaginal discharge white and creamy. When I ate sometimes I feel like I wanna vomit but not. And sometimes I slept early and sometimes I cant sleep. Last oct 30 all the feeling I felt was done. I took 3 pt already and all the result are negative.
Do we need to have a gap between IUI and IVF treatment, there was unsuccessful 2 tries of IUI ? So please answer.
When it comes to being fit, soldiers set the best examples. There are so many habits followed by soldiers that can be incorporated in our daily lives like waking up on time, following a proper meal routine and getting enough physical exercise. We must also try and eliminate all the ‘bad habits’ like mindless snacking, poor eating habits and a sedentary life. These are the habits that will not keep us fit, but also help us lead a healthy lifestyle. Here are 15 habits that you could imbibe to stay fit like a soldier. Start the day early like a soldier, as their day begins at dawn and it will surely, give you more time to get things done and takes away the excuse of not having enough time to exercise.
- Start the day early: A soldier’s day begins at dawn. Starting your day early will give you more time to get things done and takes away the excuse of not having enough time to exercise.
- Maintain a daily schedule: Set a time to wake up, eat, work, exercise, sleep and follow it diligently. This helps you stay physically and mentally fit.
- Don’t skip breakfast: Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Eat a proper breakfast that will give you enough energy to get through the day.
- Eat on time: Don’t delay a meal and maintain regular intervals between each meal. This helps stabilise your metabolism and keeps you from unnecessary weight gain.
- Eat a balanced diet: Skipping out on carbs may help you lose a little weight temporarily but will not keep you healthy. Eat a balanced diet of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, proteins and milk.
- Spend time outdoors: If you can’t exercise outdoors, walk to and from office or while grocery shopping to give yourself a chance to breathe in the open.
- Avoid junk food: Avoid all kinds of processed foods. These foods that very low nutritional value but high fat content. Instead snack on fruits or nuts between meals.
- Limit alcohol intake: Alcohol not only harms your body but can interfere with your schedule as well. Excessive drinking can keep you from waking up early the next day and throw your entire day off schedule.
- Get adequate sleep: You should ideally get 8 hours of sleep so if you’re going to wake up early, go to bed early as well. Drinking a warm glass or milk or chamomile tea can help you get a restful sleep.
- Make exercise a part of your daily schedule: Along with work, exercise needs to be made a priority as well. The best time to exercise is early in the morning before starting with the day’s work.
- Mix it up: Make exercise fun by mixing up your exercise routines. If you go for a run on one day, go swimming the next or hit the gym.
- Drink plenty of water: Stay hydrated to ensure that your body can absorb nutrients well and to optimise your circulatory system.
- Play a sport: Playing a sport is not only a way to exercise but also boosts your mental health.
- Surround yourself with people who support you: Avoid negative people and keep company with those who live a healthy lifestyle themselves to keep yourself motivated.
- Never give up: Just because you don’t have the stamina to run 10km on the first day, doesn’t mean you should give up on it. Persevere and have patience with yourself and you will be able to overcome all the obstacles before you. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist and ask a free question.