Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. YogitaYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor i'm 29 years old i'm breast feeding women I had a giddiness my head is one side paining my eyes nose my ear and myback head also paining I feel my head is weight sometimes what is d reason please tell me.
My girlfriend is a virgin ,age is 22, but milk is coming from her one side of her breast. Is she pregnant? Or she have any other problems? What should we do! Pls explain.
Colposcopy is a procedure that is used to get a closer view of a women’s cervix, vagina and vulva. It is a procedure carried on to detect the presence of any abnormal cells on the cervix and nearby areas.
Why is Colposcopy done?
This procedure is carried out to see the problems in the vagina and cervix which may otherwise be not visible with a naked eye. A colposcopy is done when the Pap test results are abnormal. These abnormalities could be due to several reasons like viral infections namely human papillomavirus (HPV) infection or any other fungal (yeast), bacterial or protozoan (Trichomonas) infection. Atrophic vaginitis or natural cervical changes due to menopause can also lead to abnormal Pap test results. However one needs to be careful because these untreated cervical cell changes that lead to abnormal Pap tests can at times develop into precancerous or cancerous changes.
In case during colposcopy, an abnormal tissue is found in the problem areas, the doctor will remove a tiny sample of it and send it to the lab. This is normally known as a biopsy or cervical biopsy which is done from inside the opening of the cervix or endocervical canal.
Procedure for a colposcopy and biopsy
A colposcopy is normally a pain free procedure where at times some women might feel a slight tingling or burning sensation when the solution is applied. Biopsy might lead to a little discomfort like that of a sharp pinch or a menstrual cramp. During colposcopy a speculum or a small instrument is inserted into the vagina to spread apart the vaginal walls. In order to see the area more clearly the doctor dabs the cervix or vagina with a cotton swab dipped in vinegar (acetic acid) or Iodine (Lugol's solution). The solution is used to remove any kind of mucus and also makes the abnormal cells turn white in order to be clearly visible.
The doctor then uses a colposcope, a light magnifying device that looks like binoculars and has a bright light mounted to it. It also has a camera attached to it to take the videos or pictures of the cervix and vagina.
Biopsies are normally done by scraping away abnormal cells with a small brush or a small curette.
Results of colposcopy or cervical Biopsy
In case of Normal results the vinegar or iodine will not show the presence of any abnormal cells and the vagina and cervix look normal. But in case of abnormal results, there are abnormal tissues seen in the problem areas. It could also be a sore or a genital wart or infection in and around the vagina. The biopsy report would clarify whether it is cervical cancer or is likely to develop. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
For girls 1st time sex do means bleeding will come. It will surely come for every girl? In case it will not came means what is the problem of here?
My prl level lowers from 30 to 12 after taking cabergoline course. Now I am taking novelon. I want to conceive now. Wat sud I do or ny pregnancy med?
What if have unprotected sex with my fiance during menstruation periods. Can she get pregnant and is it harmful to both of us.
If the ladies is 15 day pregnant then what I have to do when we don't want a baby .and we do not wanted to do aboursation can you guys please suggest me what I have to do?
Children who are exposed to household pesticides have an increased risk of developing certain childhood cancers and 47 percent greater risk of developing childhood leukaemia and are 43 percent more likely to be diagnosed with childhood lymphoma
Herbicide exposure also increased the risk of leukaemia preventive measures should be considered to reduce children's exposure to pesticides at home
She had abortions twice in 2014 n 15. Both in 2 month preg. Chkd with doc. All the reports are normal_ karyotyping, hormone profile, endometrium thickness, urine culture, thyroid, prothrombin profile. Doc suggested follicle study. No free fluid till 10th day. Ovulation is generally after 15 days for her. What does dat mean. And does she need IVF. Or any other alternative is der.
Life is full of challenges. We all have our own ways of dealing with stress and strains of life. But, a strong sense of resilience can make you different from others. Winners don’t do different things, but they do it differently. That’s what you need to keep in mind. While there are hundreds of strategies to deal with stress, you need to learn the best ones to increase your sense of resilience. The more resilient you are, the better is your chance of succeeding in life. Your power of resilience is like an armour that will guard you in the battlefield of life.
Here’s all that you need to know about how to become more resilient. From personal tragedies to occupational hazards, you will be able to deal with everything under the sun by following the tips below:
1. Acceptance towards change: It is important for all of us to accept a simple fact that life is dynamic in nature. Nothing in our lives is permanent. Situations and events change in our lives, bringing occasional bliss or sorrows. Therefore, if you realize the fact that change is an indispensable part of life and be a little flexible, you will automatically become more resilient.
2. Be realistic: You must have a realistic outlook towards life. Don’t let your mind be preoccupied with fanciful ideas or build castles in the air. Realism and pragmatism are the fundamentals to a healthy living. If you have a pragmatic mind and understand the real problems in life, you will not lose hope too soon. Therefore, you will be more resilient than others as you have already prepared yourself for the worst things in life by understanding the reality.
3. Control your emotions: It has been often noticed that when scuba divers drown, they are still left with enough oxygen in their tanks. It is because they have pulled off their oxygen masks at the time of danger. Researchers believe that most of us, when in danger, lose our senses and start panicking. This worsens the situation and aggravates the problems in our lives, destroying harmony and peace. Therefore, a person with better sense of resilience has better control over his emotions as well. Don’t freak out or panic at the time of danger or get depressed over an issue for long. You must have a fighting attitude in life and be prepared to face the worst.
4. Be a good communicator: It is quite true that most of our problems can be sorted out by communication. If you maintain proper communication with people and yourself and keep all channels of communication open, you will have solutions to various problems in life. This boosts your confidence and sense of resilience.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hi I'm 36 years old I started ivf treatment but my periods r light I got hypothyroidism for which I take levothyroxine 100 mcg & "pcos problem but I don't take any medicine for it but d problem in July I got my period twice with. Agap of 1 week & now I got my period on 11th after taking Provera 5 mcg twice a day, I'm worried that is it OK as flow of blood is low is it'll be OK for lining purpose or will be any problem in future to carry.
My wife's breast is getting fall down, currently we have no any child's, she is 24 year old, how to shape her breast for good looking.
My wife done with her period on 15 july 2016 to 21 july 2016. After that we had protected sex about 4 times. Last night (26 july night) we had sex. Firstly I inserted without condom, making 10-15 push after that I used condom and had sex and finish it off (i didn't ejaculate in her). On 27 july morning she said that she get bleeding and period started. My question are 1. Is it a normal period because 1 week before she had her normal period? 2. Is there any chance of pregnancy because Firstly I inserted without condom? 3. Can pre-cum semen hold sperm? Please I need help in emergency. Thank you waiting for your answer.
Hi 8 month baby I have. But after given birth ,I have problem on my back .and neck of back .and knees Pain. Also. please help.
Hlo doc M 7.2 week pregnant.in my first scan heart beat of baby not appeared. .doc told to rewire the scan next week again for decision. .pls give me some information.
2) avoiding pets which have excessive shedding cycle
3) avoid dust accumulation in the house as far as practical.
4) dusting vaccuming etc should be done with windows open and wearing a face mask.
5) cleaning air conditioner dust filters every two weeks with soap and water (just servicing every 3/6 months is inadequate to deal with the dust build up.
6) change pillow covers and other bedding materials regularly. Give them for airing.
7) steam inhalation regularly (for adults and older children) even during asymptomatic period.