Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Yogi UpdeshYour feedback matters!
I am 20 year old.. My hair turning white. By family doc suggested me to take omega fatty. But I am vegetarian. So I can take fish medicine and diet suggest me please.
I am 45 years old and my triglycerides level is above 400 always but no hypertension, diabetes, or any other complication. Even other lipid profile factors are also normal. My parents do not have any health challenges. I am a moderate eater of vegetarian foods with physical activities. Please advise - what may be the reason and the solution too. Thank you in advance.
I hv done liposuction on thigh but in tht one thigh is fat and othr is thin I do exercise also and wore a pressure garment also fr month pls help wat to do.
My age 30 height 6 feet and weight 82. How to reduce chest fat am suffering with that. Doing gym regularly but chest fat is not reducing. And am in high protein diet.
Hi my age is 25 and my height is 5'4" and weight 80kgs before the time of periods my body was swelling is there any problem?
Hi, I am 26 years old Female. I have PCOD and having irregular periods. I took ccq 50mg on january2016, Failed. And letrozole 2.5mg february2016 that was also failed. March I didn't consult with my doctor and I didn't took any medicines, had normal unprotected sex. LMP - Feb 19, 2016. Now missed periods, giddiness on and off, but home HCG test was negative. What should I do now. Shall I wait for another 10 days? Pls suggest me.
I am suffering from acute pain in stomach. I have consulted a local doctor. They told gastric ulcer. I am 16 years old. So what you say suggest?
Everytime after two days of waxing of my arms or legs (through wax or razor), red pimples pop out due to lots of itching till full growth. This makes my arms look ugly and also leave marks. Suggest some ways.
I am hearing about, " B.LAB Oil Control Complexion Gel" to control Hair loss & it also helps for re-growth of hair. Can someone tell me how effective it is? Is their any side effects?
Hi I am 25 years old married woman. After my pregnancy I gained my weight alot. I m 85 kg at that time. So my question is how I can reduce my weight. I cant do excercise due to operate in pregnancy.
Hi doctors my skin is getting dark. I'm using himalaya face wash. Also going for swimming. Help me how can I get rid of pimples, oily skin and also how can I get back my white skin.
I'm suffering by fever from since 2days and cold also I what precaution should I take to recover melt self.
I have stomach ache from so many days I have check up from doctor but he is giving a treatment of 15 day and telling now you will be ohk in some days.
I have black spots on my face. Since, 2 years I was waiting for removal of those so please kindly give me a suggestion plz.
I am getting pimples on my back and chest. I had them on my face a few weeks ago. Bt they got cured themselves. Now I am just left with a few scars on my left cheek. Bt my chest and back still have those popped out kindly help.
PILLOWS AND MATRESSES.
“My neck pain started two days ago, Immediately I removed my pillow”
This is the very usual dialogue that I hear in my daily practice from my patients who are suffering from neck pain. Is pillow that important factor in causing neck pain or in relieving neck pain?? Let us know the facts.
Neck pain can be caused because of various reasons. Poor neck posture is one of the reasons for neck pain. So, what should be your sleeping posture? How can a pillow alter your normal sleeping posture?
Body needs rest and sleep gives our body rest so that body and mind work efficiently. It is very important that we maintain a normal sleeping posture so that muscles also get rest.
- Spine has to be straight
- Neck has to be in line with the body.
- It is better to avoid sleeping on tummy, as you will be forced to turn your neck to one side to facilitate breathing. Whole length of your sleep is spent with the neck turned to one side, out of alignment with the body, forcing the brain to sense something wrong and you wake up with a stiff neck. Pillow has no role here!!!
So, what kind of pillow can be used?
- Pillow can neither be too hard as it doesn’t absorb the shock/ weight of head, nor it can be too soft as the weight of the head can depress the pillow down and might take neck too low than body.
- Ideally the pillow has to regain its original shape faster once you wake up from lying position. If a pillow takes too long to come back to its original shape or doesn’t come at all or remains in the same shape, its time for you to change your pillow.
- If you are lying on your back, its better to use a thin pillow which supports your head and neck. Please do not use a thick pillow in this position, as it may raise or bring your head and neck forward or higher than body causing stress to your spine.
Not using a pillow when you lie down in this position can take your neck backwards and might cause trouble breathing.
Recommended to use a thin/ lighter pillow when you lie down on your back.
- If you are lying on your side (right or left), its better to go with a thicker pillow. Ideally the pillow should be as thick as the distance between your shoulder and neck, so that when you lie down on your side the neck doesn’t go down or go up and stays in line with the body. Pillow has to be used!!
Recommended to use a thicker pillow when lying on side.
Pillow is not a major cause of neck pain. Its always better to use a pillow than not using at all. Removing the pillow the moment neck pain starts is definitely not a good solution for your neck pain. Chose the right pillow and more importantly consult your Physiotherapist.
As with the pillow for neck pain, mattress is not a major cause for back pain.
- Mattress should not be too hard, should not be too soft either.
- If it is too soft, the broader areas of our body like the hips and shoulders, might press the mattress down thereby reducing the support for other body parts, which strains them as they do not get proper support.
- If its too hard, the mattress wont be able to support the various natural curvatures of our body (broader and narrower areas), forcing the muscles to work more and get strained.
- Its better to change a sacked mattress or too depressed mattress.
- Mattress should be uniform in contour.
- Lying bare on floor wont work!!!!
And more importantly consult your Physiotherapist for back related issues.
Have a pain free life…..