Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Audiologists in India. You will find Audiologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Audiologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Yasvant SinghYour feedback matters!
Hai sir my name is n varma raju I have some hearing problem I don't listen some sounds how to rectify sir.
My hearing power and my remembering power very low, I want to increase it, for that what I have to do?
Hi i am Facing hearing prob.Consulted many doctors they say hearing aids too cant help me as per reports.Wat to do
To which doctor we must consult when we have hearing disorders because of hearing too much music by ear phones. Whether there are any instruments which can tell the % of hearing loss one suffers from. Is there any permanent cure for hearing loss or it can just be controlled. Whether a person can be able to hear normally in future if she suffers from a hearing loss. I am currently suffering from hearing loss because of listening too much music in ear phones because if which my nerves got damaged.
Hearing aids are very expensive. How often will I have to be making an investment to replace or update them?
My uncle has drinking (alcohol) problem and he do not want to quit. He always want to drink whether its day or night. He is not listening anybody. Please suggest me what should I do.
My mother is 63 years old. She is suffering from tuberculosis meningitis since 1 year due to which my mother has got hearing and eyesight loss. Also hearing loss is increasing doctor has no clear confirmation when she gets well also medication is continuing. Kindly help. I have consulted neurologists but none of them are of any hopeful help. Can you please help or guide me where to find it.
Hearing loss is a common sensory problem that generally develops with increasing age or due to prolonged or persistent exposure to loud noises. It is one of the most typical problems that occurs throughout the world. If you are suffering from partial hearing loss, you may find ways of keeping in touch with your family and friends. If you are not suffering from such the following may help you keep your hearing intact for years to come.
Types of hearing loss:
There are two main types of hearing loss:
1. Conductive Hearing Loss where the problem lies in the middle ear, eardrum or ossicles. A conductive hearing loss affects the passage of sound between the eardrum and the inner ear. Sound passes down the ear canal to the ear drum and through the middle ear, where the sound is transmitted across the middle ear by the three bones called the ossicles to the inner ear.
Causes of conductive hearing loss:
- Malformation of outer ear, ear canal, or middle ear structures
- Fluid in the middle ear from colds
- Ear infection (otitis media - an infection of the middle ear in which an accumulation of fluid may interfere with the movement of the eardrum and ossicles
- Poor Eustachian tube function
- Perforated eardrum
- Benign tumors
- Impacted earwax
- Infection in the ear canal
- Foreign body in the ear
2. Sensorineural Hearing Loss where there is damage in the inner ear, cochlea or hearing nerve. Sensorineural hearing loss (SNHL) occurs when there is damage to the inner ear (cochlea), or to the nerve pathways from the inner ear to the brain. Most of the time, SNHL cannot be medically or surgically corrected. This is the most common type of permanent hearing loss.
Causes of sensorineural hearing loss:
- Exposure to loud noise
- Head trauma
- Virus or disease
- Autoimmune inner ear disease
- Hearing loss that runs in the family
- Aging (presbycusis)
- Malformation of the inner ear
- Meniere's Disease
Coping with Hearing Loss:
Antibiotics and eardrops are often prescribed to treat hearing loss and its symptoms. In many cases, people suffering from severe hearing loss use hearing aids. Hearing aids are tiny instruments that people use in their ears to make sounds louder. People who suffer from hearing loss cope with their problems through increased concentration and focus. The usual way involves reading the moving lips of the person while they talk. Prevention is better than cure and is the best solution to avoid long term hearing loss. Avoiding continuous loud noises, to the possible extent helps prevent hearing loss to a great extent.