Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Yasoda KurraYour feedback matters!
I'm planning for a baby. My wifes reports are normal. My semen analysis has a good count but very low motility and dead sperms are 75%, which I think is a reason that I did not have baby so far. I am taking ferbomid 25 and paternia xt tablets as per doctor's advise. One month I took the medicine n then stopped it. But no luck. Can you please suggest something to me.
I had done sex on 11 th of august 2017 and had taken I pill after sex .and after taking that pill after half an hour I got periods and then I had done sex on 22nd of august and I had taken I pill because of leakage of condom. And usually after taking pill I get periods in 5 to 6 days. So I want to ask that. Will I get early periods. Or are there any chances of getting pregnant. Or I will get periods on time. Because till now I did not get periods. And 5 to 6 days have already passed after taking that pill.
Sometimes, little bit of White fluid comes out of my friend's (girl) nipples. Some say it's nipplegasm. Please tell us what is this.
There are a variety of foods and concoctions that have been developed for our urban realities and to help us become more fit. Smoothies and juices are the latest craze that has been on the fitness scene for a few hours. There are many people who have taken to smoothies in place of a solid meal because this combines a variety of healthy ingredients so that one gets a wholesome meal which can also be had on the run. But there are many schools of thoughts regarding the efficacy and the health benefits of smoothies.
Are they really as healthy as they are said to be? Let us find out with this article!
- Protein: There is a good dose of protein in smoothies which comes from the large amount of fruit, vegetables and dairy as well as oats and other such elements that are used to create one. Protein is one of the main elements that come from smoothies and it also helps particularly after a workout or for those who are into sports.
- Dietary fibers: Because of the copious amounts of berries and other fruit that is used to create a smoothie, one can gain great amount of dietary fibers also. This helps in clearing out the toxins from the digestive tracts, which can further prevent the generation of kidney stones. Yet, there is something to be said for the ingestion of fresh fruit, which makes for even better levels of dietary fibers. So even if you are having smoothies, you must ensure that you also have plenty of fresh fruit.
- Probiotics: Curd based smoothies is one of the best things that one can have because of the number of probiotics that they contain. Curd contains a number of good bacteria which is very good for the digestive system as well as the metabolism. These good bacteria are called probiotics. This helps in stabilizing the metabolism and the digestive process, which can be very helpful especially for people who are suffering from chronic lifestyle diseases.
- Sugar: If one used sugar instead of jaggery or honey in the smoothie, then it is no better than having a can of coca cola. For this reason, one will need to replace sugar with other natural sweetness that will bring down the level of kilojoules or kilo calories. This will make the smoothie much more healthy so that one can have plenty of fruit without the sugar intake.
- Liquid content: Many people use juice as the liquid content. Yet, this is not always the best option. This contains a lot of sugar, even if it freshly pressed. So, one can substitute the same with water.
- Oats and cereal: You can toast oats and others cereal in order to line the parfait or the smoothie. This will also bring in plenty of protein as well as other vitamins. This kind of a smoothie makes for a crunchy taste even as it gives you a full meal which can be taken at least three times a day. But do check for allergies when it comes to oats and grains before you make such a smoothie. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
What is betel nut?
- Betel nut is the seed of a type of palm tree.
- It has a long history of being the being chewed for its mood-enhancing effects in many parts of Asia and the Pacific.
- Modern research shows many health risks associated with its use, including oral cancer, an incurable jaw disorder, and reproductive issues.
A deep red or purple smile is a common sight in many parts of Asia and the Pacific.
But what’s behind it?This red residue is the telltale sign of the betel nut, which is chewed by millions of people across the globe. In its most basic form, betel nut is a seed of the Areca catechu, a type of palm tree. It’s commonly chewed after being ground up or sliced and wrapped in leaves of the Piper betel vine that have been coated with lime. This is known as a betel quid. Tobacco or flavorful spices may also be added.
History of a habit
Betel nut has a long history in South and Southeast Asia and the Pacific Basin. In Guam and other Pacific islands, its use can be traced back as far as 2,000 years. A habit passed down through generations, chewing betel nut is a time-honored custom for 10–20 percent of the world’s population. Today, the World Health Organization (WHO) estimates that around 600 million people use some form of betel nut. It is one of the most popular psychoactive substances in the world, in fourth place after nicotine, alcohol, and caffeine. But while betel nut is an important cultural and social tradition in many countries, growing evidence points to serious health effects from regular use.
Oral cancer and other dangers
A study reports that betel nut users are at a higher risk for oral submucous fibrosis. This incurable condition can cause stiffness in the mouth and eventually the loss of jaw movement. Regular chewing of betel nut can also cause gum irritation and tooth decay. Teeth may become permanently stained deep red or even black.Betel nut may interact with other drugs or herbal supplements. It could cause toxic reactions in the body or reduce the effects of medications.
Medical conditions associated with betel nut use with tobacco:
- oral submucous fibrosis
- oral cancer
- reproductive issues, including low birth weight in newborns
Last year I was carrying 2 months & has to abort because there was no cardiac activity found & now I have been trying to conceive & I'm not able to so which is the right time to have intercourse to conceive has I'm having scanty flow.
My wife is going to delivery on next month. Everything is normal as per medical check. Is it normal delivery for her?
Most of us have probably heard of probiotics and prebiotics in recent days, but do you happen to know what they are exactly and how they can be beneficial to your health? If you have some knowledge about nutrition, you will understand the prominence of prebiotics and probiotics, which aids in health improvement.
Prebiotics are non-digestible food components which are natural and acts as an excellent support for the natural growth of useful bacteria in the human body. They are termed as good bacteria promoters. Consumption of the prebiotic food will enhance calcium level in the body, and they are also responsible for gastrointestinal health improvement. There is no necessity to consume separate pills for prebiotic development; they are available in certain food items like onions, garlic, bananas, soybeans, whole-wheat foods, asparagus, artichokes and much more.
Probiotics are nothing but good bacteria which are naturally available in the body and are responsible for repopulation of intestinal bacteria. Probiotics are also responsible for management of bowel syndrome symptoms. Other than these, probiotics will help in the prevention of allergic symptoms, reduction of lactose intolerance etc. Probiotics are available in non-dairy food products like miso, cultured non-dairy yogurts, kimchi etc.
Advantages of Prebiotics and Probiotics
- Reduces the symptoms of asthma.
- Prevents eczema in children.
- Controls the development of colorectal cancer.
- Improves immune system
- Normalizes the bowel function.
- Improves immune system.
- Helps in the digestion process.
- Helps in nutrient absorption.
- Helps in detoxification.
- Improves health.
Other than the above-listed benefits, prebiotics and probiotics offer multiple benefits. Probiotics present in the body will work round the clock balancing both good and bad bacteria within the GI tract and prevents numerous problems like the poor elimination of waste, poor digestion, stress, oral contraceptives, etc. Overall, both prebiotics and probiotics are highly essential for humans to improve their health.
There are many probiotic and prebiotic supplements available in the market, but it is advisable for consumption of probiotics and prebiotics in a natural way by adding probiotic and prebiotic enriched food items to your daily diet. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
I am 23 week pregnant and my doctor tested me for thalassemia and the test came positive. I am heterozigot for beta thalassemia. My husband is ok. He is not carrier for beta thalassemia. What should I do? Should I have blood transfusion6ns? Is thalassemia harmful for my baby? Should I take some tablets? Should I make amniocentesis?
Today the cause of diseases are only mental fear that causes anxiety and than anguish that disturbs the mental calmness that is enough to creat a disease on physical system. Homeopathy can cure this process.
So we think about the person as a whole not a disease in a part.
Completed one year of marriage. Married life is not good. As the sexual too. My hubby likes me but don't want to perform sex with me. But maybe I am more excited about this thing. What I do? Even my hubby sometimes agree to do it but never I reached at the stage of orgasms. Coz of it maybe I am in bad habit too. Even a sharp water pressure from toilet seat excites me and I reach at orgasms. This thing neither I can tell anyone. After hubby's regular denial no to perform sexual activity I become in acute anger. And start weeping. The whole night goes spoiled. Every morning evening I promised myself k no tonight I will not weep I will not tell him to sex or love. Will sleep tonight well. But I can't keep control myself I can't calm myself What I do Please help me please.
She is 27. During her menstrual cycle she feels immense pain in her abdomen area. Kind of muscle contraction. 1st day she vomits around 6 times a day. 2nd and 3rd day vomiting stops but 2nd day she experiences pain. 3rd day is fine. Every month she is experiencing this. Is it normal to have that much pain? Can the pain be medically lightened? Pls advice for medicines if possible. She takes homeopathy treatment but the doctor is not able to give the remedy yet. Thank you in advance.
I took abortion kit last night and had bleeding after 3 hours I was bleeding till morning n afternoon slightly n not much so should I take more of misoprostol? Please suggest me.
I am Dr Jyotsna Patel, Practising Gynaecology and obstetrics in Andheri East at Umang Maternity and surgical home. Today I am going to talk about the common problem that is white discharge which we encounter in women as far as the gynaecologist concern.
There are a lot of myths about white discharge. People say that it gives weakness, it makes you fat, it will make you thin, it will give you back ache. But all this is a wrong information. Like we have saliva in our mouth, in the similar way we have white discharge from the vagina which is physiological which is the mouth of the womb which is called cervix produces some discharge which is mucoid discharge. This is a normal white discharge, it is sticky, it is not foul smelling, and at some phases of the month, it can be little excessive. So it should not be considered abnormal.
What we call abnormal white discharge is when the white discharge is associated with itching, giving you lot of irritation down or a lot of redness down. That can be called as a vaginal infection. This could be a fungal infection and mixed infection for which you need to consult a gynaecologist.
Treatment- This white discharge is to be treated with anti-fungal infections and we have other antibiotics that we give to treat the vaginal infection.
Any other issues you have, you can contact me through Lybarte.com.
Hlo Dr. M 6 month pregnant. Sometimes my nose bleeds .N mostly it happens in morning. Bleeding is just one or two drop or sometimes concentrated blood. What is the reason behind it n what r precautions. What to do?
Can a girl get pregnant by pre ejaculation fluid if she's in her last days of period cycle? If yes then what medicine should be taken to stop pregnancy?
Research proves that exercise is a great way to improve sexual function in both men and women. Whether one suffers from sexual problems like erectile dysfunction or may just want to improve their sex life, exercising the sex muscles is effective in both cases. A particular group of muscles function together and are involved directly in the process. Exercising these muscles will naturally increase the flow of blood to your penis and help improve sexual performance.
Here are ways to exercise which prove to be effective in enhancing your sex life.
- Exercising the core muscles and supporting muscles: This type of exercise aims at strengthening your pelvic floor muscles. An easy way to locate these muscles is to stop the flow of urine midway or to hold one's bladder when one needs to pee. Keeping the muscles contracted for a period of ten seconds and relaxing them completes one cycle. This exercise helps improve erection and control your orgasm better by strengthening the core muscles.
- Exercising the supporting muscles: The second exercise involves pushups. Without this exercise, the other muscles might become tired and one may not be able to achieve sexual fulfillment. This exercise tends to improve the strength of one's abs, lower back, shoulder, chest, arms, legs and buttocks. The muscles in these body parts are the supporting sex muscles which work together to make the act more fulfilling. A set of 10 or 20 pushups, three times a day is recommended.
- Exercising to enhance flow of blood to all body parts: Rebounding on a mini trampoline for at least 10 minutes a day can improve one's sexual performance to a great extent. It is important that one engages in the act carefully so as to avoid injury or accidents. This exercise is both fun and easy. It helps to increase the circulation of blood to all areas of the body and helps to strengthen the pelvic, abdominal muscles, hip and leg muscles. This exercise also helps to overcome lethargy. Consult an Expert & get answers to your questions!