Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Yashoda LohiaYour feedback matters!
I hv intense headache associated with eye pains. Intense headache at cortical region. Got fatigued even by simple walk.
I have eye sight, how to I'm reducing eye sight and without wearing eye glass how to improve my eyes vision.
I have a squint in right at 4years old. Now am 27 years recently I consult ophthalmologist in hyderabad vision is very low in squint eye it is possible to do squint correction surgery but after 5 years right eye will come same position I need squint didn't repeat again in my life then what will I do any source is there.
I have caught common cold My nose is running n causing flow of tears in my eyes Some home remedy needed.
Any eye drops for my tired eyes mostly my eyes are felt tired and lazy and sometimes my eyes are too hot. Earlier I use patanjali drishti eye drops can you tell me name of eye drops I can buy from chemist.
Problems in vision are a common occurrence these days; various factors such as spending a lot of time looking at smartphones and computers are a major cause of these problems. There are various natural remedies which can help you improve your eyesight, they are:
- Wash, especially after coming back from outside, your eyes regularly: Washing your eyes regularly with water helps in clearing out debris from the eyes and relaxing the eye muscles.
- Eat Healthy: Eating a healthy diet that has lots of fruits and vegetables are good for the eyes as they contain important nutrients such as vitamin A. You should include foods such as carrots, fish oil, cabbage and eggs in your diet.
- Carrots: Carrots are a good source of phosphorus, calcium, vitamin A and iron which are very good for your eyesight. You may consume carrot in the form of juices or salads.
- Almonds and other nuts:Nuts such as almonds and walnuts are rich in antioxidants which are beneficial for the eyes.
- Walk barefoot: Walking barefoot on green grass is therapeutic for your eyes as it enhances your eye power. It is recommended you walk early in the morning to get maximum benefits.
- Eye exercises: You should do various eye exercise to improve your eyesight as these exercises help in rejuvenating muscles of the eye. The muscles in the eye are strengthened which leads to better vision.
- Triphala remedy: This is a treatment that combines three herbal fruits which treat various eye disorders, eye weaknesses and hair problems. Triphala helps in eliminating toxins from your body and make your eyes healthy.
- Reduce screen time: Avoid extra working hours on computers and mobiles as far as possible. Especially playing video games. This can save you from computer vision syndrome.
- Avoid frequent rubbing of eyes: This habit can lead to frequent infections and shedding of eyelashes . Also, this is one of the causes of dark circles.
- Proper sleep: Importance of proper rest to the eyes cannot be denied and is equally important in general wellbeing.
Lastly, if anything is bothering your eyes seek help immediately before the problem increases.
Is there any treatment for blindness. My vision is decreasing so much I am almost to reach blind. Doctors said there is no treatment for this type of blindness. My cornea is so thin and there are so many clots type spots viewd in testing. Are there any chances to save my left vision. Pleáe help me.
My age is 58, male – diabetic, hypertension, thyroid, cholesterol --taking Metformin, ramipril, Synthroid, Pravastatin respectively. Latest – LIPID profile shows- cholesterol = 3.64 ref 4.20-5.20, Triglycerides = 0.63 ref 0.60-2.30, HDL cholesterol =1.16 ref >=0.91 ALL UNITS ARE mmol//L, Total HDL cholesterol ratio-- 3.1, LDL Calculated =2.19 mmolL reF- 2.20- 3.40, FASTING 11 hours, 1. Specialist showing – Hypercholesterolemia—please guide – with this what does it mean? 2. Does concern is serious, family doctor never explained about these results. 3. Few months now getting eye pain, what do you think this may be due to these results, using Fluorometholone 0.1 % ophl susp, for last over two months, should I continue this, or consult eye specialist? Suggest.
Sir, I have ptosis problem in my right eye from the last 10 years, right now I am 26, I have done my surgery also but couldn't recover. Can you provide me some medications other than surgery? Is homeopathic medicine will be helpful for treatment of ptosis. Please help me sir.
I have problem of night fall and depression please suggest me some tips and also hearing low and problem to see from right eye I am unable to see.
A sty is a tiny red bump in the eyes which looks like a pimple on the outer edge of the eye. This condition usually causes a lot of discomfort and a significant amount of pain. This pimple generally forms when the oil glands in the eyes get clogged with dirt and grime as well as excess oil, which created blockage due to the accumulation of bacteria. Too much tear production as well as swelling and pain are the most common symptoms of this condition, which must be shown to an ophthalmologist for proper diagnosis and treatment.
Read on to find out the various ways in which you can treat this condition:
- Well Cleaned Hands: Always ensure that your hands are properly cleaned and sanitised, as the hands can spread the maximum amount of germs and bacteria to your eyes. The hands are usually the most overworked part of the body which we use for doing a variety of tasks that involve touching, gripping, pulling, pushing and running them along a variety of surfaces. This causes a build-up of germs and bacteria on the hands which can easily get transferred to the face or the eyes, as one touches these areas constantly. So, it is important to keep your hands clean at all time to ensure that the sty does not get worse.
- Avoid Makeup: When you are suffering from a sty, it is imperative to keep your eyes clean and clear. For this, you must avoid using makeup until the sty gets fully cured as the makeup may irritate the eye and the particles may further block the pimple. Also, you may want to avoid wearing contact lenses unless the sty gets better, and stick to glasses instead so that there is nothing in the eye that will obstruct its treatment.
- Warm Washcloth: This treatment will soothe the eye and help in sanitising the area with the warmth of the washcloth. Also, this kind of treatment for a few minutes every day will ensure that the swelling also reduces. Further, one must ensure that the washcloth is clean and lint free so that no dirt escapes into the eyes.
- Avoid Squeezing: One must avoid squeezing the sty as this action can make it even worse. Further, if the pimple bursts, the liquid or pus within can easily infect the eye and the area around it. The sty should be allowed to drain out on its own, or you can visit an eye doctor who will help in draining it out.
Getting professional help to treat the sty with medication and ointments as well as medical procedures is always more helpful.