Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Yamini KansalYour feedback matters!
Hi, I got married on Nov 2016 and don't want child at least for 3 years. Please suggest some precautions.
It is no longer a surprise that instant noodles have gained worldwide recognition as amongst the most popular snack items available in the market. Besides, it being effortlessly simple and easy to cook, instant noodles take no longer than two minutes to be prepared, is adequate for both kids as well as adults, and, needless to say, tastes delicious. Despite the entire controversy raised over the prohibition of the sale of instant products, and the subsequent lifting of the ban, instant products are still available in the market and include a whole roster of nutritional benefits.
However, instant is still criticized as unhealthy and is generally considered to be junk food. As part of the manufacturing process, instant noodles are fried, thereby, resulting in high amounts of saturated fat. This factor, along with the presence of high levels of sodium and relatively low amounts of vitamins, fiber and minerals, together create the need for healthier and more nutritional alternatives to instant noodles. Here are nine healthier substitutes for instant you can try:
1. Dried fruits
Dried fruits such as raisins or figs are good and healthy substitutes for instant noodles. Besides having a host of healthier nutritional benefits, a good serving of dried fruits can also fill you up and are available pretty easily.
2. Wheat flour cookies
Wheat flour cookies, in contrast to normal cookies made of fine flour, are filling and prove to be a good alternative to instant noodles.
Besides being easily available, peanuts are a good source of vitamin and protein and are helpful in fighting off malnutrition.
4. Atta noodles
They provide a similar kind of satisfaction as that of instant noodles, besides being easier to digest and good for your health.
Cutlets, of any kind and variety are filling, and not to mention are equally delicious.
6. Roasted chickpeas
Roasted chickpeas can be easily carried around anywhere, and are a good form of snack to munch on.
7. Potato edibles
Potato edibles have always been a good pastime. French fries can be considered a way healthier alternative to instant noodles.
8. Homemade potato chips
Homemade potato chips are very healthy and can also do the trick.
9. Dark chocolate
Besides, being one of the best mood enhancers because of the presence of high levels of Magnesium, dark chocolate is also very rich in Zinc, which is responsible for improving one's skin tone.
The old age is best defined as the age of retirement that is 60 years and above. Improvements in the health care technology has increased the life expectany. The process of ageing brings about physiological, psychological and immunological changes which influences the nutritional status. The changes associated with ageing are partly influenced by genetics, race and gender.
All the functions of the body start to decline in its work. The reserved nutrients are used up especially the minerals. Calcium is the main mineral that starts depleting as early as the people enters into the age of 40+. This is why the people of old age faces lot of bone related disorders and tooth problems. As a result, arthritis becomes one of the major health issue faced by the geriatrics. This discourages the activeness of people.
To compensate the bone loss and the demoralisation, one should include a high amount of calcium rich diet. The calcium rich foods include milk, millets, yogurt, broccoli, egg, peanut etc. Avoid tea or coffee and so the absorption of calcium is encouraged. Sugars n junk foods should be avoided.
When you enter the later middle age, certain clinical tests should be done to ensure good health. As a dietitian, I personally feel to take up a master health check up atleast once in a year. But if you are highly concerned about your health, its essential to take up certain basic tests which include
Blood sugar both fasting and postprandial
Blood lipid profile
Eeg &amp; ecg
A simple lifestyle modification that includes diet, exercise, habits etc, one can lead a healthier and happier life.
Is this possible to conceive baby with only one tube. In first pregnancy baby wrongly placed in one tube, so doctor removed on tube. Now much percentage of pregnancy.
I am 24 yrs old. I have problem of PCOD and problem in L4 L5 bone since 2 yrs. Now I am overweight. My wt is 70kg and height is 162cm. Guide for wt loss.
I am female 24, married since last 9 months. I had medicine for irregular periods and now I m having hair growth on my upper lips and chin. Now I am also having medicines for getting pregnancy. Pls guide what should do. Pls help with proper guidance.
My wife period comes ten day early. I have not done any surgery. I had an infection om my private part related to skin but now ok.
Periods on 07-02-16. Last 2 days fully tiredness, if I eat tasteless, omit sensation. Backache like periods. I do not know what is it. Kindly tell me I want to consult doctor today. Kindly inform me at the earliest.
Any vaccine available for genital herpes. And how reduce the infection to other person with having a condom any medicine or vaccine available now? Please tell me and help my friend.
Taking into account the hectic lifestyle we lead, most of us end up suffering from aches and pains. But that does not mean we have to continue to suffer from them. There are plenty of easy exercises that one can follow in order to keep themselves healthy and problem free!
In order to avoid aches and pains, the first thing that a person needs to do is
- Practise hamstring stretches regularly: What this entails is that he or she needs to lie on the back, raise a leg and hold the back of it with both hands. While it may be called the hamstring stretch and one would probably normally think that the beneficial impact of doing it would be limited to the hamstring, it works quite a bit of special magic which has an ability to ease the pain in the lower back. Now, for an exercise which is so simple, is it not worth it?
- Side Stretch: Talking about stretches, another form of a stretch happens to be the side stretch. Even this is rather simple and all that needs to be done is to lie on one’s side and pull the ankle of the leg which is not in contact with the ground towards the back. While this is being done, the ankle of the lower leg should apply pressure on the thigh.
- Straight leg raise: It may seem that most of the exercises which reduce pain are stretches! However, this is not really the case as there is a place for exercises such as the straight leg raise and the like. What exactly is the straight leg raise? Well, it can be done when a person is either in a sitting position or is lying on his or her back. The toes are to be kept pointed upwards and the leg is to be raised. It is to be kept in mind that the challenge of the straight leg raise is that the knee should not be bent, at all.
- The cat and camel exercise: The terms cat and camel generally refer to members of the animal kingdom. However, jointly, in terms of exercises, the cat and camel is an exercise well worth remembering as it can save the individual quite a lot of pain. All that needs to be done is to alternatively arch one’s back towards the floor and the ceiling while resting on one’s hands and knees.
While our way of living may come with certain side-effects, but it would not be right to say that we are helpless. We need to take charge and make little changes to enjoy a healthy and happy lifestyle. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I am 26 years old and 13 week pregnant, my doctor done USG himself and report was OK, he prescribed acucal tab and anofer tab, I have seen one of my friend she used to take natural michronised progesterone and l arginine sachet in her pregnancy, my doctor not prescribed any of these, is it OK? And 1 month before my USG shown 8 weeks pregnancy but after one month when my doctor done USG he told that it is 13 weeks, but it should be 12 weeks, is it a problem?
When I am having sex with my wife it seems that she is not getting excited. I tried everything that is touching her private parts and all but all in vain. She always tells me that she has no feelings towards sex. please suggest what to do.
I have vagina infection, having itching problem and little allergy shown there and have pain also. Sometimes little white discharge. What should I do?
Polycystic Ovarian Disease or PCOD is a hormonal system disorder occurring in women of reproductive age. It is also known as Stein-Leventhal syndrome. PCOD refers a unique set of symptoms, which occur when there is a hormonal imbalance in a woman’s body. The symptoms include late or no periods, pain in the pelvic region, heavy bleeding during periods, weight gain, growth of facial hair, acne and difficulty in conception or getting pregnant.
Cysts develop in the ovaries, which cause hormonal imbalances like the levels of androgen get raised more than the normal limits. Although androgens are the hormones for male, they are present in minor quantities in normal females. With the increase of androgen levels, it creates a disturbance in normal ovulation cycle leading to disturbance in menses.
All PCOD patients are advised to lose weight and do regular exercise. The common symptoms includes irregular menses, growth of facial hair and other parts of the body like arms, abdomen, chest, legs and fingers. An ultrasound examination can confirm the ovarian cysts. PCOD can lead to complications like type 2 diabetes, raised cholesterol levels, infertility, depression, cancer of uterus.
Losing weight helps to reduce high insulin level in the blood. In case of obesity, weight loss will reduce insulin resistance, stimulate ovulation and will improve fertility rate.
The conventional system of medicine has no cure for PCOD. Homeopathy however, offers the best alternative as it concentrates on treating and curing the root cause of the problem. Homeopathy believes that the human body is designed by nature to keep itself disease free and when its own internal vitality is unbalanced, the body becomes prone to disease. Once the vitality regains its original balance, the human body is able to nurse itself back to health without any external aid.
1. Apis Mellifica is best homeopathic medicine for the treatment of PCOD with stinging pains in the ovarian region coupled with tenderness over abdomen and uterine region.
2. Pulsatilla works great for patients of PCOD who suffer from scanty and late menses. It is suited for young girls in whom the PCOD starts at puberty.
3. If a person suffering from PCOD with bearing down pains from the back and abdomen, then Sepia works like magic. The menses are irregular with too late and scanty or early and profuse. The patient is irritable and indifferent.
4. Lachesis is for patients with aversion to tight clothes. The menses are short and flow is feeble accompanied with pains in the abdomen which get relieved after the flow starts.
5. Graphite work great for patients of PCOD suffering from constipation. The patient has intolerance to cold and often feels tearing pain in the stomach coupled with hardness in the ovarian region. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopathy and ask a free question.