Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Yachna Grover
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Yachna GroverYour feedback matters!
My period is a week late and I have also taken two pregnancy tests amongst which one shows negative and another one shows positive. What should I do?
Penis Injury and Healing - A True Story
Unless they work in the adult film industry, men often choose to keep quiet about what they do in the bedroom. It's not really considered polite to open up with the details of what happened between the sheets, and honestly, no one really wants to know. However, there are some things that happen during intimate moments that lead to the need for urgent penis care. This is one true story of a penis injury that occurred during a vigorous encounter - a cautionary tale for men that may help them avoid a similar, painful experience.
A Common Scenario
This injury happened on a night when the man and his partner decided to get a little frisky and try out some new positions.
"My wife and I have always been big fans of the missionary position, but on this particular night, we had a little bit too much to drink, and we were watching some crazy videos," he says. "Once the show was over, we just tore off one another's clothes."
Rather than sticking with a simple guy-on-top motion, the couple switched things up by allowing the girl to take control of the action. Unfortunately, since booze was involved and the motion was new, the two weren't as coordinated as they could be, and tragedy struck.
"One minute, everything was going just fine," he says. "But she sort of leaned to one side, and before I noticed that shift, I thrust upwards. I must have popped out right before I moved or something, because my penis hit her leg."
A Gruesome Injury
During an erection, the penis is firm - the result of a high volume of blood that is trapped in the erectile chambers. This rigid tissue can be prone to rupture if the penis accidentally meets bone or another unyielding surface during vigorous thrusting. As the patient relates,
"As soon as I hit her leg, I heard this big popping noise, and then there was blood everywhere," he says. "I don't remember a whole lot about it, because I passed out due to the pain, but I know that the ambulance drivers had a lot of swabbing to do just so they could see what in the world I had done to my body."
A Path to Healing
Minor sex-related injuries can sometimes be handled with conservative techniques, including:
- Over-the-counter pain relievers
- Abstaining from sex
- Compression bandages
"I went right into the hospital after this happened, and they did surgery on the outside and the inside. Apparently, there were two layers of tissues that I broke, so they had do really dig in and try to help me to heal," the man says. In this case, the patient had not only ruptured the erectile tissue, but also torn the urethral tube -hence all of the blood.
The recovery was slow, as he describes, and he had to abstain from sex for quite some time in order to allow everything to heal up properly. In fact, he had to take anti-erectile medications during the healing process in order to allow the damaged tissue to regenerate. Luckily, he reports that he has normal function now, and he and his wife are using the missionary position almost exclusively at this point.
While some couples get frisky and adventurous because they're tipsy or inspired, some men go to extremes simply because their penile tissues don't work as well as they should. They can't feel things down below, so they have to do unusual and dangerous things in order to make sex even worthwhile.
A penis health crème (health professionals recommend Man1 Man Oil) can help. A quality product contains ingredients that can support the nerves that line the penis, and these products can also keep the skin soft and supple, so those nerves won't have to deal with interference from damaged skin. With a product like this, men might be able to feel sex so acutely that they won't need to get crazy in order to get off. That could be the key to preventing a horrific injury.
My husband and me want to give birth to a baby we are trying but no result are found. So what should I do for baby?
I would like to know how to do something like IVF to conceive. Since I am fat due to which my husband does not feel comfortable in sex. Any other way to conceive.
Hello Mam, my wife has takes unwanted kit pills after 5 weeks of pregnancy and she get bleeding in the kit 5 pills she takes only three mifepristone and misoprostol 2 pills and she get bleeding remaining 2 pills she taken or not?
In a normal pregnancy, the egg that the ovaries release enters the fallopian tube. If a sperm fertilises it, the fertilised egg attaches itself inside the uterus. However, sometimes the fertilised egg can attach itself outside the uterus. This condition is called ectopic pregnancy.
Ectopic pregnancy can be detected in the first few weeks of the pregnancy itself. If your doctor does discover ectopic pregnancy, you would need immediate medical attention. Ectopic pregnancies can be sad and scary. The survival rate of the baby is extremely low, and you may need some time to get over your loss. Fortunately, one ectopic pregnancy doesn't mean you can never conceive again. Many women who lost their first baby to ectopic pregnancy have been able to have a healthy and normal pregnancy the second time around.
The causes of ectopic pregnancy include:
- An inflammation or infection of the fallopian tube can lead it to become entirely or partially blocked.
- Scar tissue from a surgery or an infection of the fallopian tube may also hinder the movement of the fertilised egg.
- Surgery in the tubes or pelvic areas in the past might cause adhesions.
- Birth defects or abnormal growths can cause anomalies in the shape of the tube.
These causes are usually followed by certain risk factors, such as:
- Age (The age group of 35-44 especially)
- An ectopic pregnancy in the past
- Previous abdominal or pelvic surgery
- Pelvic inflammatory disease
- Several prompted abortions
- Conceiving with an intrauterine device in place
- Endometriosis (growth of uterus lining tissues outside the uterus).
- Fertility treatments.
The signs and symptoms of ectopic pregnancy include:
- Minimal vaginal bleeding
- Vomiting and nausea with pain
- Pain in the lower abdomen
- Sharp cramps in the abdomen
- Localised pain (Pain concentrated on one side of your body)
- Pain in your neck, rectum or shoulder
- Rupture of the fallopian tubes can cause fainting due to the bleeding and pain
The treatment of ectopic pregnancy can be any one of the following:
- If the pregnancy has not progressed too far, methotrexate will be administered. This absorbs the pregnancy tissue and can save the fallopian tubes.
- The tubes may be removed if they have ruptured or stretched, and have started bleeding.
- Laparoscopic surgery (operations performed by making minor incisions) may be performed to remove or repair the tubes and recover the ectopic pregnancy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
I am write in hindi. Meri wife ko har month period nahi aata hai. Ruk ruk ke aata hai. Aisa bahut din se chalo hai.
Pregnancy can be a tricky time for most women, although it is not a pathological condition. One must be prepared for pregnancy with the best of health in the pre pregnancy period. This also includes women who are suffering from diabetes. The complications during pregnancy and delivery increase manifold if one has not controlled the glucose and blood sugar levels before getting pregnant. So read on to know more about coping with pregnancy if you happen to have diabetes.
Complications: Pregnancy with diabetes can cause severe complications if the blood sugar levels are not controlled properly before pregnancy. This can cause the diabetes to become even worse in the long run, with the onset of various other related ailments like kidney disease, heart disease, eye problems and more. It can also increase the risk of premature delivery, and too much birth weight of the baby as well as low glucose levels right after the baby’s birth. Further, one can also lose the baby to a miscarriage due to excessively high blood sugar levels. This can also affect the glucose and blood sugar level of the baby as the glucose passes through the body.
Related conditions: If you happen to have high blood sugar levels, then you and your baby can get affected in an adverse way. To begin with, you may come down with severe depression regarding how you will be able to manage your diabetes and pregnancy together, and also due to the implications of the condition after the birth of the baby. It can also cause a condition called Preeclampsia in which the pregnant woman’s blood pressure becomes high and too much protein starts to pass from the urine, which can also result in frequent urination and life threatening defects and problems for you and the baby. In such cases, you will have to be hospitalised and the baby will need to be delivered via a C section or a Caesarean Section.
Planning ahead: If you know that you are trying to conceive, the best way is to be fully prepared well in advance. This includes planning ahead for managing the blood sugar levels and keeping the risk of other ailments at bay. You can start by losing excessive weight and seek treatment to bring down the blood sugar levels. Exercising and watching your diet are also some good ways to ensure that your Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes is in control.
Medical Team: It is pertinent to be in touch with your medical team on a constant basis. This team should include the obstetrician and gynaecologist as well as your regular doctor to whom you can report any changes.
Keep health close to your heart when you are pregnant by taking care of all existing ailments.
Hello, I need to know about pregnancy of my wife, she missed a period but on pee metre it is showing negative result but she is also having high pain on top of the uterus. Is she pregnant?
Having a healthy sex life is as important as being healthy physically and mentally. Regular intercourse can give you a longer lifespan, boost your immune system, give you better sleep and help you manage stress more effectively. When it comes to sex, variation is the key in keeping the spark alive between couples. Some people may find sex toys an interesting way of expressing themselves and stimulating themselves or their partners.
Today, sex toys can be easily bought online or offline with most people preferring the former. Some of the sex toys easily available in India include vibrators, role play costumes, dildos, anal stimulants, adult games, etc. Sex toys can be used by both men and women on their own or with their partners. While there is no proven health benefit to using these sexual aids, it can increase your sexual pleasure in a number of ways including
- An increased chance of orgasming for women: Women often find it hard orgasming with traditional vaginal intercourse. Hence toys that offer clitoral stimulation may make it easier for a woman to climax and may even increase the intensity of her orgasms.
- Increased intimacy: Introducing a sex toy into your relationship can increase intimacy by making sex more enjoyable and fun.
- Less pressure on performance: This is true especially in the case of men who have performance anxiety. Knowing that you can please your partner with a sex toy reduces the pressure on you to be able to please him or her. The use of a vibrator can also cut down foreplay time thus helping men who complain of premature ejaculation. The use of a dildo can also help a couple have longer intercourse in the case of men who suffer from erectile dysfunction.
- Increased self-awareness: Using sex toys can give you a better understanding of your body and how it is most aroused.
The effect of sex toys on sexual pleasure
Sexual pleasure is like food and sleep for the body. It soothes and relaxes the mind and body, eliminates stress and is great for your cardiovascular system, brain and nerves. Sexual pleasure is also not a non-sided affair reserved for men. And the sex toy industry is the forerunner of sexual equality by being female-centric. There are more sex toys in the market today for women than men. Let’s take a quick look at a few of the sex toys in the market for men and women, shall we?
- Vibrators: These sex toys are meant to make women orgasm. They come in different shapes and sizes and their types include
- Clitoral vibrators: These stimulate the clitoris. A few of them also have a point on the end for pinpointed clitoral stimulation; most of them though are designed to fit snugly on the vulva or the outer part of the female genitalia.
- Rabbit vibrators: These stimulate both the clitoris and the G-spot. This can be done either at the same time or one at a time.
- Vibrating Eggs: Also called bullet vibrators, these are as small as an egg and are designed to be used externally to stimulate the clitoris. These can also be used inside the vagina, which makes them excellent for beginners.
- G-spot vibrators: These are internal vibrators that focus on the G-spot. They have a curved tip to stimulate the G-spot.
- Finger vibrators: They are also used to put direct pressure on the clitoris while wearing them on a finger.
- Wearable vibrators: These can be worn inside the panties to stimulate the clitoris.
- Couple vibrators: They are used by couples during sex. These are designed in such a way that one part stimulates the clitoris and the other part goes inside the vagina and stimulates the G-spot, while the penis is inside at the same time. This way both partners feel the vibrations.
- Pulsators: ?Pulsators are the latest type of sex toys for women. They are more than mere vibrators as they mimic the back and forth movement of penetration. Pulsators can be used both vaginally and anally for sexual pleasure.
- Dildos: Dildos are penetrative sex toys and they do not always vibrate. They come in a variety of shapes and sizes which mean that you can choose one that works for you.
- Anal toys: These include anything that goes inside the anus. These toys enhance sexual pleasure during the sexual act by going inside the anus and stimulating the nerve endings there. Dildos can also be used as anal toys. As they move back and forth, they can be used to achieve orgasm. Butt plugs, another anal toy stays put and creates a sensation of fullness. Some of them also vibrate for extra stimulation! Anal beads are a string of beads that increase in size. These can be inserted in the anus for stimulation.
- Penis toys for men:
- Penis rings are worn around the base of the penis. These work by constricting blood flow so that erections last longer, producing more intense orgasms.
- Masturbators: These are essentially ‘sleeves’ or tubes that provide extra ribbing and texture while masturbating. A few masturbation sleeves vibrate for more pleasure.
How to increase the pleasure of the toys by adding herbal aphrodisiacs?
The use of herbal aphrodisiacs that can be imbibed while using sex toys has enhanced both the quality of orgasms and their length. A few herbal aphrodisiacs that you can include with the use of sex toys are
- Ashwagandha: Studies show that Ashwagandha stimulates the production of a chemical called DHEA or dehydroepiandrosterone. This is a hormone which is converted by your body into testosterone and estrogen. Hence, ashwagandha is an excellent sex enhancer. Take 2 to 4ml twice a day for sexual bliss.
- Asparagus: In French history, they say that the bride and groom-to be ate asparagus three times a day before their wedding to increase their libido for the wedding night. Why Asparagus works as an aphrodisiac is because it has aspartic acid that helps to neutralize extra ammonia found in our bodies which is responsible for weakness and sexual disinterest.
When using sex toys, it is important to remember that these toys are not meant to replace human partners. It is also crucial to use these toys carefully and to ensure that they are always kept clean. Washing it with a soap and water solution is usually enough to clean the toys and the use of harsher chemicals should be avoided. Do not share your toys with others as this can lead to the transference of STDs and other diseases. You may also consider using a lubricant with sex toys. In addition, you could also use herbal aphrodisiacs to increase your pleasure. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.