Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Y P Malik
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Y P MalikYour feedback matters!
Hi I am newly married I married on 11th may but I do not have sex with my wife because I am feeling very shy to be naked in front of her I want to do it tonight please advice what to do how should I ask for sex to her.
How can I increase my penis size? I think my penis size is small. And I have also suffering from premature ejaculation. Please suggest me to increase my sex time n increase penis size. Is this any problem?
I am 60 years old. I am suffering from flu. It was formed and came out with light cough. For this I used allopathy and homeopathy. But no use. I can not say in english completely. how it cure?
I always feel mucous is stuck under my nose passage, doesn't come out until I shake my head. All though I can breathe without issues. It just feel irritating and can't sleep at night due to this. Could this a sinus symptoms or swollen membrane with nose? Any suggestions to over this issue?
I feel pain in my leg when I start cycling in park or when I start walking in park or when I eat some thing and pain in stomach.
Hi Sir, My aunt was having cough with nasal drip for 15 days. Doctor gave Amoxicillin and cough syrup. But now it is more than 1 months she still has cough episodes. The number has decreased but when she coughs her face becomes red and she is breathless for few seconds.
Lung capacity (or total lung capacity) refers to the total volume of air contained in the lungs after one complete inhalation and is a direct summation of your respiratory capacity and residual capacity (the amount you inhale and the amount your lungs can keep). A diminished lung capacity can stem from a number of conditions such as asthma, emphysema, lung cancer, or from bad habits such as excessive smoking. This, however, can be combated by a number of means.
1. Breathing exercises:
- Deep breathing: Research has shown, that taking long deep breaths, which basically encompasses inhaling for as long as possible and holding your breath for about 15-20 seconds can work wonders in increasing lung capacity if it can be carried out several times a day.
- Splashing water on your face: Splashing water on your face while holding breath lowers the heart rate, and prepares the body in the same way as if you were about to go swimming. This will automatically increase your lung's capacity to hold air.
- Try meditation: Closing your eyes and meditating for long periods may also prove to be beneficial. The lesser the amount of energy that you expend, the more air the lungs can hold.
2. Physical exercises:
- Engage in rigorous cardiovascular activities: Increased cardiovascular exercising, including aerobics, running, cycling is very useful, as it pushes your body to exhaustion, thus forcing your lungs to work harder - in turn, increasing its capacity.
- Increase water-based exercises: Swimming or exercising in water is very beneficial for the body as it adds an element of resistance to your training regime and overworks your lungs to supply enough oxygen, making them work better.
- Try exercising at higher elevations: This often works as a foolproof way of increasing lung capacity. Higher altitudes have lower oxygen supply. Thus, overworking your lungs by engaging in intense workouts can be very beneficial for your lungs.
3. Long-term training exercises:
- Increase your resistance: Breathe in high quantities of air, and take time before releasing it completely and do it very slowly. This forces your lungs to hold air longer, thus stretching them out.
- Overwork your brain: Try to breathe in extra - more than what you normally do. This forces your brain to work overtime to make sure that the lungs have the capacity to take in that excess air. This will greatly increase lung capacity in the long run.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!