Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Y P Malik
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Y P MalikYour feedback matters!
My wife had white discharge coming out since 4-5 days and we had sex last night then today she told me some blood is even coming out. Dear Doctor kindly suggest me what to do.
What should do in summers I am having pain in my eyes and in heads also taken a course of 2 years. What shall I do please advice
Hi I am 30 years old male I had purchased a Testoultra tablet's of Biotrim Labs to improve my sex life. Is it safe to take this pills. Need your expert advice pls help.
Hello doctor I married lady my age 31 and my husband age is 34 I am very unsatisfy with my husband, we had sex last night and he have a big penis but he was discharge very but olny in 5 minutes he is very week and my sex interest is very high and I do not want any affair to solve this prob, please help me what should I do?
Did balancing diet is more important than Jogging Eating healthy food or oil food is there is any fault in pizza burger eating ?
I have been reading continuously for 2 days for my semester exam.Now I got severe headache .What should I do now?
If you are concerned about diabetes and want to protect yourself from getting affected by the disease, there are several preventive steps you can take. These steps are simple and require some modifications in your daily life, activities, diet and overall lifestyle. Diabetes is a condition in which your blood-sugar level gets higher than normal and affects your health in several ways.
Here are some ways to protect yourself from diabetes:
- You should know about the different causes of diabetes by speaking with health professionals, diabetes patients and by doing some online research.
- You must put off the causes which you just cannot prevent and should abstain from aggravating them. These may include heredity and age-related causes. If diabetes runs in your family, there are high chances of you getting it as well. The chances are maximum when both your parents are diabetic.
- Increasing age is another likely factor for developing diabetes. This is because the functioning of all your body system gets disrupted and slowed down because of age. Major cases of diabetes commonly occur after the age of 49.
- Prevent the causes of diabetes which you can control. These include obesity, stress, high blood pressure and viral complications. Stress because of several factors such as physical injuries and emotional problems commonly cause diabetes in many people. Obesity and high blood pressure too are linked with the development of diabetes. Several viruses can settle in your system and lead to diabetes as well.
- For preventing diabetes, you should conquer your obesity and attain a BMI or body mass index, which is within a normal range and is suitable for you. For men, the waist size should be maintained below 40 inches and in women, it should be under 38 inches.
- Eating healthy food will help you stay away from diabetes. You should consume less sugar, fats and alcohol and consume milk, meat and other proteins in a moderate amount. You should consume whole foods, such as vegetables, fruits, whole grains, starchy foods and beans in large amounts. These items should highlight all your major meals.
- Being physically active and exercising regularly is very important, if you want to stay healthy and prevent yourself from developing diabetes. You should climb stairs, walk, play and undertake activities which require you to move around.
To keep yourself safe from diabetes, you must take good care of yourself when you are ill in order to avoid several complications. Several viruses and autoimmune diseases lead to diabetes in which the immune system attacks the body. You should be careful of viral infections such as measles, influenza, rubella, mumps and many others. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an endocrinologist.
1.Are eggs equally good for indian females? 2.should they stop eating eggs in summer? 3.Should females stop eating eggs after a particular age?
Allergic asthma is the condition in which the symptoms of an asthmatic attack appear after exposure to certain allergens. 90% of the cases of asthma in children are allergy driven, while in adults, the percentage is said to be around 50%.
An allergy happens when an individual's immune system exhibits massive reaction or fights vigorously against substances like pollen, dust, animal dander or certain other minute particles which are actually not harmful to the body but are considered so by the immune system.
Symptomatic changes in cases of allergic asthma:
If the symptoms of an asthma attack occur only when you are subjected to these triggers or irritant particles, your case is allergy driven.
- In such cases, the airway reacts aggressively to the entry of such allergens.
- The airway muscles tighten up and inflammation is observed.
- Breathing becomes painful and compromised, and mucus accumulation sets in very quickly.
- Coughing is a common phenomenon, as the body tries to expel the mucus accumulated.
The allergens mentioned above are not the only triggering agents. Basically, anything that causes irritation could trigger an allergy and an asthmatic attack thereafter. Symptoms in the case of allergy driven asthma are more or less the same as seen in other asthmatic cases.
Confirming the cause of asthma as allergic or not:
The doctor would give you a much better clarification on whether you're asthma is allergy driven or not. There are pretty much two ways to decipher the same:
- One is to administer a tiny amount of allergen to the skin and making a note of the reaction to that. Whether the reaction is a normal one or an aggressive one would tell if an individual has an allergy or not.
- Specific IgE test may be done to confirm the cause, or to test the presence of an allergic reaction in the individual.
All your queries pertaining to allergic asthma and asthma, in general, are more than welcome.