Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vora
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. VoraYour feedback matters!
There is no reason to change or alter your sex life during pregnancy unless your doctor advises otherwise. Intercourse or orgasm during pregnancy will not harm your baby, unless you have a medical problem. Remember that your baby is well protected in your uterus by the amniotic fluid that surrounds him or her.
Your doctor may recommend not having intercourse early in pregnancy if you have a history of miscarriages. Intercourse also may be restricted if you have certain complications of pregnancy, such as pre-term labor or bleeding. You may need to ask your doctor to clarify if this means no penetration, no orgasms, or no sexual arousal, because different complications may require different restrictions.
Irregularity in the menstrual cycle is one of the most common issues to be fixed since the hormones responsible for the menstrual cycle is affected by several factors and systems of the body. According to a report published in the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism in 2011, it came to the fore that frequent missing of periods over an extended period is a common problem affecting over 5 percent of women at any given time. But what’s more important is that most women suffer from irregular periods all through the reproductive span of their life.
LH (Luteinizing Hormone) and FSH (Follicle Stimulating Hormone) produced by pituitary gland stimulate the ovaries to produce estrogen and progesterone and will cause the release of the egg. When there are fluctuations in LH, FSH, estrogen, and progesterone, the menstruation cycle gets irregular. For successful treatment of irregular periods, it is crucial to determine the cause. A few predominant causes of irregular periods are:
- High levels of stress: When you are stressed out for a long time, your body learns to save energy by stopping ovulation. If you experience a traumatic event or you undergo excessive day to day stress, it can suddenly cause the adrenals to work hard which can interrupt the production of estrogen, thyroid hormones, and other reproductive hormones. Restrictive eating and over-exercising can also lead to hypothalamic amenorrhea, a condition wherein the menstruation stops for several months altogether.
- Poor diet: If your daily diet lacks antioxidants, vitamins, protein, and minerals, then there could be an adverse effect on the thyroid levels and the adrenal glands. Fried and processed foods along with sugary items can raise the adrenal fatigue and cortisol which, in turn, hinders the functionality of other necessary hormones. If you are suffering from irregular periods, you should take foods rich in antioxidants, proteins, and antioxidants.
- Extreme loss of weight: When the body mass index or BMI reaches below 18, you will start missing your periods due to low body fat. Body fat is crucial for creating estrogen, and lack of this hormone also causes issues such as anorexia and bulimia. But it is important to note here that not all women suffering from irregular periods are underweight.
- Thyroid disorders: The fluctuations of thyroid hormones often cause an irregularity of periods. According to some experts, thyroid problems are one of the leading causes of irregular menstruation. Both hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism can cause symptoms like alterations in cortisol and estrogen levels.
- Food allergies: If you are sensitive to gluten or have celiac disease which has remained undiagnosed, it can cast an impact on the hormone levels. As these conditions may cause nutrient deficiencies, it can affect the gut health and add stress to the adrenal glands. As a result, all these together disrupt the secretion of sex hormones and cause irregular menstruation.
Several treatments are available to treat the causes that would slowly bring back your menstruation cycle to normal.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hello sir /Madam, we completed 3 years of my marriage life, still I didn't conceived, once I went to doctor and found that I have pcos and used tablets course of 6 months, after that again I got scanned, and known that, this time I have pcos only on left side and right side was cleared, then again doctor prescribed 3 months course tablets, and again got scanned and, now cysts are on both sides, then doctor suggested me laparoscopy is preferable, tomorrow I am going to take laparoscopy surgery to remove my cysts, I have two doubts now, 1- can I get pregnant fast and guaranteed after laparoscopy, 2- how can I know whether I am ovulating, and about my follicle tubes?
Have you heard of a controversy over, whether to drink milk standing or sitting? There are some scientific reasons, according to which, drinking milk in a sitting position is better and healthier than having it while standing. According to Ayurveda, milk is considered to be a vital and precious food item, and hence, you must ensure that you are drinking milk in the right posture.
You should sit while drinking milk
Scientifically, drinking milk while standing causes the fluid hit the lower part of your esophagus. Over time, this may result in the dilation or relaxation of the sphincter which connects the stomach to the esophagus. This may lead to a health condition known as GERD or Gastroesphegal reflux disease.
From Ayurvedic point of view, drinking milk or any fluid in a standing position is forbidden and advised against. Many scholars suggest that this norm exists because of health reasons. Moreover, drinking milk in a standing position may cause another issue. If you gulp down half a liter of milk, it goes into your stomach. The stomach’s capacity is between 900 to 1500 millimeters and on the consumption of the milk, it gets half full all of a sudden. This may cause the stomach to pulsate because of the volume of milk and it will also distend the stomach capacity because of weight. This may cause colic shock resulting in intense abdominal pain.
Benefits of drinking milk
In Ayurveda, milk is a highly beneficial food, having several benefits. They are as follows:
- Milk is calming and cooling, which helps in balancing Vata and Pitta.
- According to Ayurveda, milk is considered to be the most calming and nourishing food.
- It is a natural food for human beings, which they are accustomed to right from birth.
- Milk is an aphrodisiac and helps in vitalizing the reproductive system, improving your sex drive and quality of sperms in men.
- When you want to correct obesity, it is a perfect food for satisfying hunger and thirst.
- Milk causes a sense of soothing and satisfaction in many different types of illnesses and diseases.
- Milk is essential for your mind, for children and is also used for treating depression.
Although many people argue that there is no scientific reason associated with sitting and drinking milk to be safe, it has been scientifically proven that it is better to eat or drink anything while sitting, instead of standing. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a ayurveda and ask a free question.
Do you struggle to find motivation when it comes to your health and fitness? You're not alone!
- In my time working within the health and fitness industry, one of the main barriers I have found in clients is a lack of motivation. Often people don't realise that motivation is not something which happens TO us, but it is an internal thing and there are steps you can take to increase it!
- Too often we spend time wishing and waiting for those results to come. We don't believe enough in ourselves to take action. We look at the long process and start putting excuses in our way. Fear enters and we never get moving.
- The first thing to accomplishing your results is to simply take action. Remove expectations. Take it one thing at a time.
My doctor has asked me to go for metabolic surgery as I am obese. And due to overweight I have irregular periods and high bp and irresistible leg pain. I am afraid whether I shud go for it or not. As this has side effects too and it's very costly too.
I am 29 weeks pregnant. From last 2 days I am feeling dizzy. Today I cannot even stand feeling like faintness. Having all my medication nd diet properly.
Me and my husband planning for baby. But on recent checkup we come to know, I have PCOD (polycystic syndrome ovaries) problem and in semen test of my husband we knows his sperm count is null. Please, suggest me what kind of treatment and medicine we should have to take. Please help me out from this trouble.
Three days back I had a sex. He inserted his penis and took back. There were no signs of sperm release even after he took back. But serum entered into my vagina. Is there any signs of pregnancy? After having sex I had an I pill.
PCOS or polycystic ovary syndrome is a disorder, which causes cysts or fluid filled growths, which may grow on the ovaries and cause havoc with a woman's hormones and sexual health. Not only does this condition play with your health, but it also causes extreme pain on your abdomen which may increase during the periods. Homeopathy has many cures for various types of PCOS in the form of various medications.
- Natrum Mur: PCOS may manifest differently in different women. One of the most commonly reported symptoms of PCOS is of irregular and suppressed periods. Natrum Mur is an effective remedy for this condition. Women who are trying to conceive may also benefit if their efforts to do so have failed.
- Pulsatilla: This is an effective medication in case PCOS has affected your menstrual periods in such a way that you have very scanty periods. Your periods may come after long gaps and may be very painful. Some symptoms, which the patient might exhibit would be a lack of thirst and a desire to be in open air all the time.
- Sepia: This is the most prescribed medication among the other homeopathic remedies for PCOS as it is known to have multiple benefits. Not only does it correct irregular and short periods, it is also effective in reducing the inflammation of the ovaries caused by the presence of the cysts. Cases where sepia is administered may show symptoms of mental irritability and being sensitive to cold air.
- Calcarea Carb: Some women may get periods, which are quite profuse and may be longer in terms of duration. It may make you prone to gaining weight as well. Calcarea carb is a very effective medication, which can effectively control these symptoms. Calcarea carb will be prescribed to you if you have a craving for boiled eggs and have heavy sweating on the head as external symptoms.
- Thuja Occidentalis: This medicine is usually prescribed to women if they have multiple cysts within the left ovary. These cysts may not cause much inflammation, but will be quite painful. It is also prescribed in cases where a woman may get male pattern hair growth on the body. Thuja is very effective is dissolving cysts and thus can quickly correct hormonal imbalances caused by these. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.