Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Esophagectomy is a procedure of removing a part of the esophagus and reconstructing the same using another organ of the body. The esophagus is the tube that connects the stomach and the mouth. This procedure is often performed in an advanced stage of esophageal cancer and Barrett’s esophagus. This procedure removes the cancer cells from the esophagus and gives relief from the symptoms. The organs from where the reconstructing tissues are taken are generally large intestine and stomach.
Many esophagectomy surgeries are performed with minimally invasive techniques. The latter is commonly known as laparoscopic surgery. This is a procedure where numerous small incisions are made in order to perform the surgery. This procedure results in faster recovery and reduced pain as compared to the conventional surgery.
Newer methods such as Robotic surgery are being adopted by many doctors these days. Procedures like these can access the esophagus through places such as the throat, collarbone and abdomen. They make a minute incision to get to the exact location of the cancer and treat them with an improved precision, unlike the conventional surgical methods.
An important aspect of treating this condition is to determine the procedure that is going to be implemented. To determine this, doctors uses imaging techniques such as PET scan, CT scan and an MRI scan. A doctor might also prescribe other tests such as FNAC and endoscopic ultrasound. Heart evaluations are also conducted before the surgery to ensure that there are no complications involved while performing the surgery.
Unless the cancer is detected at a very early stage, most doctors recommend radiation or chemotherapy or both. These treatments help to shrink the size of the cancer and make for an effective esophagectomy. Both chemotherapy and radiation have their set of side effects, which include loss of appetite, fatigue, hair loss, vomiting and skin discolouration.
Post the procedure, a patient cannot directly consume food. He is required to consume food through a pipe for a duration of four-six weeks. Adequate nutrition is required during this phase to recover quickly. Once the patient is able to resume a normal diet, it should be ensured that he takes food in reduced quantities to make up for the reduced stomach size.
Almost 90% of patients who have gone through this procedure report an improved life quality. While lifestyle related adjustments have to be made, there could be regular follow-ups to ensure the below mentioned complications do not arise:
1. Breathing-related problems
2. Swallowing problem
3. Effectively managing heartburn and ensuring the pain is under control
4. A thorough review of the nutritional diet to be consumed by the patient to counter sudden weight loss. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a oncologist and ask a free question.
I have gone thru thyroid test in this month. T3 t4 is under control only tsh is on higher side is 8.42. Doc has advised pe to take the pills for 2 months that 25 mpg. I am planning to conceive. Kindly advise without pills can my thyroid can be control n I will able to conceive. Is there any home remedies which can help me to control my thyroid. I am desperately wanted to conceive. Request your urgent advise.
Hi sir. I am shalini 23 years old. I am Getting white discharge from vagina for past six days it is milky white colour but it is non sticky and odorless sir. L got married 3 months before. Now only I am getting this type of discharge. My next period date is 7.2. 2016. Is this pregnancy or any other infection.
Reason for nausea or vomiting in pcos. My pregnancy report is negative. Is it necessary to visit doctor?
Soon after ovulation I have pain in my legs and breast. Does this mean i'm pregnant or r these PMS? How do confirm if im pregnant before I miss my periods?
It usually starts at about 6 weeks of pregnancy and improves at around 14-16 weeks.
Morning sickness won't threaten your baby's well being, as long as you're able to keep some food down, and drink plenty of fluids.
An important nutrient in the first trimester is 400 mcg of folic acid, as this will help your baby's spine and nervous system to develop.
The best way to deal with morning sickness is
1) Drink plenty of fluids.
2) Small frequent meals
3) Avoid spicy and oily food
4) 2 meals should include fruits and vegetables.
6) Multi vitamins
7) Doctors advice.
Hi I am 36 years old my period stop in 3 year and I have not any child how to get pregnant? Please advise.
Blood came through my urine. I was having fever and chills during this time. 2 days before the fever, I drank a mountain dew which was non refrigerated. Could this be the problem?
Am 34 weeks of pregnant and I read about GBS test, and I try to relate with me bcoz I had itching vagina and a little white discharge last week and my doctor gone through my vaginal I ve little white discharge so he gave me tablets for 3 days now am feeling less itchy but I still do ve little white discharge, do I ve a GBS, how do I find it. Am so worried will it affect my baby please help.
I used to do full body workout 6 days a week which includes weighted squats and ab crunches also. Now I am trying to conceive since last two months but unable so I want to ask you that as I am working out regularly will it affect my chances of conceiving or is it safe to workout.
I have irregular periods. What shall I take care of? what items shall I exclude from my regular diet?
Dear doc. I and my life partner don't want to have kids. We have sex without condom and I don't withdraw at all. Chances of pregnancy with this is very high and we are aware of it. We are about 40 now. Please recommend few contraceptives which has no side effects as weight gaining or any other side effect except that you don't get pregnant at all. Good sex life is what we are looking at. Please recommend. Thank u.
Ayurveda is an ancient life science that originated in India. It recognises herbs as medicines and Yogic postures as well as lifestyle changes as the supporting factors in its medicinal field. It is called a life science because the basic mode of treatment is done by tweaking one's lifestyle in order to reach the root cause of the ailment, which will be cleared from one's life gradually. Congestion is recognised as the accumulation of too much mucus and fluid in your lungs and is usually born due to an imbalance of the Vata Dosha, as per Ayurveda. This congestion can happen in the nasal or respiratory passages.
Let us find out what else Ayurveda says about congestion:
- Symptoms: The symptoms of congestion include a tickling sensation at the back of the throat as well as the nasal passages, depending on the exact area of the congestion. Also, severe headaches and wheezing along with laboured breathing and tightening of the chest can point at the presence of congestion. In very severe cases, the patient may also complain of blood discharge while coughing, high fever, rashes on the skin, neck stiffness and other such conditions.
- Causes: There are various causes of congestion. While infection, allergy and cold are some of the most common conditions that may cause congestion, it has also been seen that congestion may arise as a symptom of a more serious ailment. Asthma is one such respiratory ailment that causes swelling in the airways, which can give rise to congestion. Also, inflammation of the bronchial tube lining can cause this condition where a greenish discharge happens due to the viral nature of the condition. Pneumonia and tuberculosis are also ailments, which can cause severe and painful congestion.
- Remedies: As per Ayurveda, there are many remedies that can help in treating this condition. One can drink herbal tea all day as the anti-oxidants will help in flushing out all those toxins that are causing a painful build-up of mucus and fluids inside. Also, one can use essential oils like eucalyptus oil for inhalation, steaming and even massages. One must take care not to let this oil touch the hair as greying might happen. Yoga and aromatherapy can also be practiced so as to do away with congestion. Also, the patient can add a pinch of salt to a glass of warm water in order to do a saline water gargle which will eventually clear the air passages.
Taking care of one's diet is one of the most important parts of any treatment in Ayurveda. Ingesting warm liquids like milk and warm food can help in loosening and removing the mucus build up.
Hello doctor, I am 26 starting in June and wife is 23. So what would be the suitable age for conceive baby for both? Ignore about family background and financial condition. Please suggest.
Am 25years old, married5month before. From first night husband complaint to me very loose vagina. What I do? Help me.
My sincere appeal to all young couples is not to feel shy and hesitant in approaching a doctor for advice on contraception as because nobody is going to be judgemental on them. It is a professional world and any doctor would be more than eager to help out a patient.
Generally what happens is whenever there is a pregnancy happening out of a relationship, it puts the couple in a panic situation and there is a tendency to try and get over the counter medicines or maybe approach quacks or try and consume some so called food items which may lead to an abortion. These are the usual mistakes done by youngsters as they want to hastily get out of the mess without having to tell anybody.
The biggest concern in approaching a known doctor is the couple does not want to get identified, secondly they feel the doctor is going to take them through a long drawn medical procedure which is going to be costly and they would probably be asked to come along with a parent or a guardian for obvious reasons and hence they refrain from meeting a doctor.
Now coming to the facts-----
1. No need to panic if you realise that you have an unwanted pregnancy
2. Approach a gynecologist as soon as possible
3. If the doctor asks you get a sonography done please do so
4. You should always be knowing your blood group and hemoglobin levels before taking any tablets for abortion
5. Abortion can be very safely done with tablets under the guidance of a gynecologist and you do not need any hospitalisation. 2--3 visits to the clinic can complete the procedure
6. Only 1-2% patients may require a curettage of the uterus if the procedure does not get completed with tablets, which definitely the treating doctor would discuss with the couple and explain.
7. This medical abortion with tablets is not overtly expensive and is quite manageable with your pocket money (mobile phones are much more expensive).
8. There are no long term side effects of this procedure on your future fertility
9. Most of the doctors would be cooperative and would protect your privacy. You may have to sign a few forms for you should not hesitate as it is part of the procedure.
10. Nobody is going to be judgemental on you so take it easy and seek medical advice.