Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. VoraYour feedback matters!
I did sex with my gf on 16th and her periods suppose to come on 22. But till now periods did not came. Do she have any chance to get pregnant. Pls advise.
Hi, I am 24 years old pregnant, 24 weeks 2 days. My ultrasound report says my baby weighs 665 gms, and growth is 28 percentile. Does this mean my baby is small. Do I need to worry about.
During intercourse, liquid not coming out of vagina. It is almost remaining very dry. This is happening from last one month.
I am 17 years old. And I experience a lot of pain during my menstrual. I don't know the cure. I even get vomits during that and fatigue as well. please help me.
What are ingrown toenails?
1. Ingrown toenails occur when the edges or corners of the nail grow into the skin next to the nail.
2. Ingrown toenails that are not infected can be treated at home, but you should seek medical treatment if the nail has pierced the skin.
3. You are at a higher risk of complications from an ingrown toenail if you have diabetes or other conditions that cause poor circulation.
Ingrown toenails occur when the edges or corners of your nails grow into the skin next to the nail. Your big toe is most likely to get an ingrown toenail.
What causes ingrown toenails?
Ingrown toenails occur in both men and women. According to the National Health Services (NHS), ingrown toenails may be more common in people with sweaty feet, such as teenagers. Older people may also be at higher risk because toenails thicken with age.
Many things can cause an ingrown toenail, including:
- Cutting toenails incorrectly (cut straight across, since angling the sides of the nail can encourage the nail to grow into the skin)
- Irregular, curved toenails
- Footwear that places a lot of pressure on the big toes, such as socks and stockings that are too tight or shoes that are too tight, narrow, or flat for your feet
- Toenail injury, including stubbing your toe, dropping something heavy on your foot, or kicking a ball repeatedly
- Poor posture
- Improper foot hygiene, such as not keeping your feet clean or dry
- Genetic predisposition
Using your feet extensively during athletic activities can make you especially prone to getting ingrown toenails. Activities in which you repeatedly kick an object or put pressure on your feet for long periods of time can cause toenail damage and increase your risk of ingrown toenails. They include:
What are the symptoms of ingrown toenails?
Ingrown toenails can be painful, and they usually worsen in stages.
Early-stage symptoms include:
- Skin next to the nail becoming tender, swollen, or hard
- Pain when pressure is placed on the toe
- Fluid building up around the toe
If your toe becomes infected, symptoms may include:
- Red, swollen skin
- Oozing pus
- Overgrowth of skin around the toe
How are ingrown toenails diagnosed?
Your doctor will most likely be able to diagnose your toe with a physical exam.
What are the treatment options for ingrown toenails?
Ingrown toenails that aren’t infected can normally be treated at home. However, if your toenail has pierced the skin, or there is any sign of infection, seek medical treatment. Signs of infection include:
- Redness and swelling
To treat your ingrown toenail at home, try:
- Soaking your feet in warm water for about 15 to 20 minutes three to four times a day
- Pushing skin away from the toenail edge with a cotton ball soaked in olive oil
- Using over-the-counter medicines, like calpol, for the pain
- Applying a topical antibiotic, such as t-bact, to prevent infection
If the toenail does not respond to home treatments or an infection occurs, you may need surgery. In cases of infection, stop all home treatments and see your doctor.
Total nail removal may be used if your ingrown nail is caused by thickening. The doctor will give you a local pain injection and then remove the entire nail.
According to the NHS, nail removal is 98 percent effective for preventing future ingrown toenails.After surgery
Your doctor will send you home with your toe bandaged. You will probably need to keep your foot raised for the next one to two days and wear special footwear to allow your toe to heal properly.
Avoid movement as much as possible. Your bandage is usually removed two days after surgery. Your doctor will advise you to wear open-toed shoes and to do daily salt water soaks until your toe heals. You will also be prescribed pain relief medication and antibiotics to prevent infection.
Your toenail will likely grow back a few months after a partial nail removal surgery. If the entire nail is removed down to the base, the nail matrix under your skin, a toenail can take over a year to fully grow back.
Complications of ingrown toenails
If left untreated, an ingrown toenail infection can cause an infection in the bone in your toe. A toenail infection can also lead to foot ulcers, or open sores, and a loss of blood flow to the infected area.
A foot infection can be more serious if you have diabetes.
Preventing ingrown toenails
Trim your toenails straight across and make sure that the edges do not curve in.
- Avoid cutting toenails too short.
- Wear proper fitting shoes, socks, and tights.
- Wear steel-toed boots if you work in hazardous conditions.
If your toenails are abnormally curved or thick, surgery may be necessary to prevent ingrown nails.
I am 32 years old female. During my 3.5 years married life I cannot do intercourse due to phobia of pain in my vagina. Also I do not have any sexual appetite. Please guide me.
The abnormal growth of the endometrium tissue outside the uterus is known as endometriosis. Ideally, the abnormal tissue is supposed to break down and exit the body. However, in this condition, the tissue is unable to pass out of the body. As a result, the surrounding tissue tends to get irritated and leads to the formation of scar tissues.
The various causes of endometriosis include:
- Immune system disorder: Complications in the immune system might render it incapable of destroying the endometrial tissue that grows outside the uterus.
- Surgical scar implantation: Certain surgeries such as a C-section may result in the attachment of endometrial cells to the incision area.
- Embryonic cell transport: These cells may be transported to other parts of the body by the blood vessels which may lead to endometriosis.
- Retrograde menstruation: Instead of passing out of the body, under this condition, the blood flows back into the pelvic region via the fallopian tubes. When these cells attach themselves to the pelvic cavity, it causes endometriosis.
1. Pain during sexual intercourse
2. Pain during periods including pelvic pain, especially during periods, lower back pain and abdominal pain.
3. Excessive bleeding during periods
The major complication that results is fertility problems. Endometriosis may prevent the combination of the egg and the sperm and thus, impairs your ability to conceive. It is recommended not to delay pregnancy if you have endometriosis. This disorder also tends to increase the risk of ovarian cancer in some women.
How can it be treated?
Endometriosis is usually done using surgery or medications.
- Medication: It usually involves painkillers.
- Hormone therapy: Some of the hormonal therapies include:
- Hormonal contraceptives
- Progestin therapy
- Gonadotropin-releasing hormone (Gn-RH) agonists and antagonists
- Conservative surgery: If a patient wants to become pregnant, surgery is done as much as possible without harming the uterus and ovaries. Suggested procedures include laparoscopy and traditional abdominal surgery.
- Assisted reproductive technologies: An example of this form of treatment is In Vitro Fertilization.
- Hysterectomy: Under severe circumstances, total hysterectomy is conducted in order to facilitate the removal of cervix and uterus. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.
We had intercourse 9 days back. 2 rounds with condom and 3rd without condom and I climax outside and not inside vagina. The next day [20 hours] she took Unwanted 72 as a precaution. Post which she is feeling much tired as compared to before and sleep is also increased. After 9 days today she felt like vomiting. Are these side effects of Unwanted 72 or the symptoms of pregnancy? Because she took Unwanted 72 at correct time on the very next day. Are there any chances of pregnancy? Or just the side effects of Unwanted 72, and till how long these effects will stay? Please help.
Here are health-related tips of Anterior Cruciate Ligament
Hello everybody! I am Dr. Kaushik Reddy, arthroscopic and sports medicine specialist, working at the Apollo Hospital, Hyderabad.
Today will be talking about anterior cruciate Ligament injuries of the knee joint. Anterior cruciate ligament is one of the Major ligaments of the knee joint that provides rotational stability mechanical stability and proprioception and it is one of the most common ligament injuries which is affected in sports persons especially in people playing football, basketball, tennis, badminton it can also occur in people who have been Injured in road traffic accidents or recreational activities like dancing. So any patient while playing sports or during dancing if he experiences sharp Pain in the knee joint and pain while movement of the knee joint and if he hears a Popping sound from the knee joint if he feels any instability in the knee joint that is any giving way of the joint then you have to suspect that it would be an ACL injury of the knee joint. ACL injuries generally occur during sports whenever playing sports if there is any sudden stoppage from running or any direct blow to the knee joint during tackles or if there is any unsteady landing from a jump or any sudden shifts in the Direction can cause an ACL injury.
Whenever any ACL injury occurs during field or anywhere first medical attention needs to be given this is followed by rest and ice pack compression bandage and elevation of the leg needs to be done and once this first aid is given patient needs to be given Some analgesics and anti-inflammatory medication painkillers to reduce the pain and swelling and later after few days then he needs to visit an orthopedic surgeon where an orthopedic surgeon does a few clinical examination or test to diagnose whether it is an ACL injury then few investigations needs to be done to confirm an ACL injury like an x-ray to see if the injury of the ligament has occurred along with a bone fragment or an MRI to confirm the diagnosis of ACL injury whether it is a sprain or a partial ACL injury or a complete ACL injury.
The treatment for an ACL injury of where there is only a sprain of the ACL is usually conservative management where the doctor gives the patient a brace and he needs to be on Good physiotherapy and rehabilitation program in cases of complete ACL tear or injury conservative treatment doesn’t all good in that cases surgery needs to be done where an arthroscopic is ACL reconstruction needs to be done for these patients in which it is a small Dk surgery keyhole surgeries where the patient’s own hamstring tendons are taken and these are kept in the place of the ligament by making tunnels and fixed by various methods following an ACL reconstructive surgery the patient needs to be on good rehabilitation program and he can return back to sports within four to six months.
If you have any queries related to anterior cruciate ligament injuries of the knee joint you can contact me through lybrate or visit me at my clinic at Apollo hospital, Jubilee Hill, Hyderabad or at Bone and Joint Clinic, Swapna Hosptial Chaitanyapuri. Thank you.
I m 28yrs old trying to conceive from last year but not succeed right now am on att for lymph node tuberculosis. Otherwise no problem in both of us. Please advise.
स्तन वसा, संयोजी ऊतक, और लोब में विभाजित ग्रंथि ऊतक से बना होता है। स्तन कैंसर तब शुरू होता है जब स्तन में कोशिकाएं नियंत्रण से बाहर निकलने लगती हैं। नलिकाएं का एक नेटवर्क लोब से निपल तक फैलता है। एक स्तन आमतौर पर दूसरे से छोटा होता है। महीने में अलग-अलग समय पर आपके स्तन अलग-अलग महसूस कर सकते हैं स्तनों के लिए आपकी अवधि के ठीक पहले लंपट महसूस करना आम बात है। आपके स्तन महीने में अलग-अलग समय पर अलग-अलग महसूस हो सकते हैं। स्तनों का आपकी अवधि के ठीक पहले लंपट महसूस होना आम बात है।
स्तन कैंसर सामान्यतः कोशिकाओं जो स्तन के नलिकाएं होती हैं, में शुरू होता है। स्तन कैंसर तब शुरू होता है जब स्तन में कोशिकाएं नियंत्रण से बाहर बढ़ने लगती हैं। कोशिकाओं का यह उत्परिवर्तन एक ट्यूमर को जन्म देता है, जिसे एक गांठ के रूप में महसूस किया जा सकता है। अगर अनुपचारित छोड़ दिया जाता है, तो घातक कोशिका अंततः शरीर के अन्य भागों में फैल सकती हैं, एक प्रक्रिया जिसे मेटास्टैसिस कहा जाता है।
स्तन कैंसर के लक्षण
स्तन में एक गांठ आमतौर पर स्तन कैंसर से जुड़ा है, लेकिन अधिकतर समय, स्तन में गांठ कैंसर नहीं होता। किशोरावस्था में हार्मोनल परिवर्तन से लेकर क्षतिग्रस्त वसा ऊतक तक, महिलाओं में शुरुआती 20 से लेकर शुरुआती 50 की उम्र तक सभी स्तन गांठों में से 90 प्रतिशत से ज्यादा गैर-कर्कश (सौम्य) हैं।
स्तम्भों में लंप्स स्तन संक्रमण, फाइब्रोकाइसटिक स्तन रोग (ढेलेदार स्तन), फाइब्रोएडीनोमा (गैर-कन्सेसर ट्यूमर), वसा-परिगलन (क्षतिग्रस्त ऊतक) जैसे कई अन्य कारणों के कारण हो सकते हैं।
यद्यपि अधिकांश स्तन गांठ कम गंभीर स्थितियों के कारण होते हैं, नए, पीड़ारहित गांठें फिर भी स्तन कैंसर का सबसे आम लक्षण हैं। एक महिला अपने स्तन में बदलाव देख सकती है, और मामूली असामान्य दर्द जो दूर जाता प्रतीत नहीं होता। इन परिवर्तनों के लिए देखें:
1. स्तन या निपल का अलग महसूस होना:
- निपल कोमलता, या स्तन या अंडरआर्म क्षेत्र में या उसके पास एक गांठ या मोटा होना।
- त्वचा की बनावट में परिवर्तन या स्तन की त्वचा में छिद्रों का इज़ाफ़ा
- स्तन में एक गांठ
2. दिखने में बदलाव:
- स्तन के माप या आकार में कोई भी अस्पष्टीकृत परिवर्तन
- स्तन पर कहीं भी गढ़ा
- स्तन की अस्पष्ट सूजन (खासकर अगर यह केवल एक तरफ है)
- स्तन का अस्पष्ट संकुचन (खासकर अगर यह केवल एक तरफ है)
- निप्पल जो थोड़ा सा आवक हो जाता है, या उलटा हो गया है
3. निपल निर्वहन:
किसी भी प्रकार के निप्पल निर्वहन, विशेष रूप से साफ़ निर्वहन या खूनी निर्वहन स्तन कैंसर का संकेत हो सकता है। एक दूधिया निर्वहन जब महिला स्तनपान नहीं कर रही है, हालांकि स्तन कैंसर से जुड़ा नहीं है, लेकिन एक डॉक्टर द्वारा जांच कराया जाना चाहिए।
इन लक्षणों में से एक या अधिक होने का मतलब यह नहीं है कि आपको स्तन कैंसर है। यदि आप इन संकेत और लक्षणों में से किसी का अनुभव करते हैं, तो एक पूर्ण मूल्यांकन के लिए अपने चिकित्सक को देखें।