Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vohra
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. VohraYour feedback matters!
I am 21 years old. My motion is usually very small and not continuous. I have to sit for 3 times during the morning. If I have banana the before night. It's little better. I have this problem from 4 yrs. And also I am in depression from last 6 months.
Hi doc. My exams are going on from 20th Oct to 30th Oct.in between there are 2 weekends. I need to go to office and attend exam as well can you please help me how I will manage my office. My exam and my sleeping time. I am very stressed about how I will manage my sleeping time. Many many thanks.
I have pressure on my mind due to tension of exams preparation then how I can relax my mind to do better work.
Hi I am 28 year old male. I am software engineer. I think I am in depression because of my wife behavior. Please help me to save my life…We have been married more than 5 years now. My wife is good, however she is short tempered. Sometime she does’t even hesitate to scream at me or at my parents or at her parents or at our kid even in a party or a public place. I and her parents tried a lot to talk to her but all gone waste. Most of the time, the main reason of her screaming is any external intervention. For example she has her own way to do everything however if you try to show her a better way then she gets angry and it take her almost 2-3 days to behave normal. I really need a practical advice to handle this situation. Some time I am feeling of sadness, lack of concentration, slowness in activity and thought, or thoughts of suicide without any reason.
I am having pain on my back side of my head whenever it pains within 2 days my symptoms are I get angry very fast and I feel weakness.
From my graduation I used to drink & smoke. Last year on the month of May-June I fell mentally & physically sick. I was working in a company and there I fell into political issues. I was supposed to become Training Manager but they hired other person before my promotion. I was deeply shocked and increased smoking and drinking alcohol. I used to hear voices and see girls. When I consulted with a psychiatrist, he told me that probably I m suffering from Schizophrenia. After that I started taking medicines. I felt much better but I faced problem in nerves. I got too weak. Then I changed the doctor & medicines. Now I don't hear any voices. I am fine now but I have fear in going out of station, to do job. I don't like to work and feel sleepy. Please suggest and guide me how can I be mentally and physically fit.
A vitamin is an organic compound, which is required by the human body in appropriate amounts to ensure the proper and healthy functioning of the various body parts. These vitamins help you in being healthy and maintaining an optimum level of brain activity. The deficiency of the same can cause you to have various health issues and illnesses.
B Vitamins are of various subtypes, and they are collectively known as B-Complex Vitamins. These vitamins are medically proven to relieve stress and boost up your energy levels. They also fight depression, restrict brain ageing and help you to live a longer life. Here's how B vitamins help in keeping your brain healthy.
- Prevent mental decline: The three vitamin B types that help to avoid a mental decline are: B6, B12, and B9 (Folic Acid). Additionally, these 3 vitamins also prevent dementia and Alzheimer's disease.
- Act as dopamine boosters: Dopamine is a neurotransmitter inside the brain that that boosts productivity, motivation and focus among human beings. This helps to ensure your mental well-being keep you mentally happy. B vitamins enhance your brain health by facilitating an increase in dopamine levels.
- Lets you avoid mental disorders: The lack of Vitamin B12 leads to certain mental disorders like- dementia, brain atrophy, brain shrinkage, depression, and schizophrenia. You can avoid this condition by taking Vitamin B12 supplements.
- Sharpen memory: In case you have a short term memory or face other memory problems, various forms of B vitamins supplements will help you to regain the optimal state of mind. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
Anxiety and stress are regular occurrences that happen to all individuals in certain situations. But if these become habitual and take place in excessive frequency, then it is symptomatic of a psychological problem. Anxiety disorders require proper treatment through counseling and therapy for leading a healthy stress-free life.
Anxiety impacts each person at a different level and is accompanied by various types of irrational phobias. Hence it differs from case to case. There are a few general types into which anxiety disorders can be categorized. Some of these types are as follows:
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD): This kind of anxiety is constant and vague and does not appear to stem from any specific factor. Those suffering from it are affected during all waking hours and even in sleep when it is disturbed and irregular due to unending stress.
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD): A person suffering from ocd experiences uncontrollable compulsions and is unable to keep from obsessing over issues of trivial nature. This manifests itself in definite behavioral patterns which become rigid and inflexible.
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD): This is an extreme form of anxiety disorder that is caused when the patient experiences a traumatic event or life-threatening accident that leaves a mental scar. It takes the form of panic attacks, nightmares, sudden mental breakdowns, hyper vigilance, and excessive nervousness.
- Panic Disorder: The patients of this disorder experience sudden panic attacks which occur frequently without any specific trigger. It is also accompanied by the fear of having such attacks, as well as a fear of being in places from where it is difficult to escape in the event of an attack.
- Social Anxiety Disorder (SAD): Also known as social phobia, sad causes a person to be in constant fear of being negatively viewed by people. It involves constant fear of public humiliation and also gives rise to performance anxiety or stage fright.
How to Recognize An Anxiety Disorder?
There are many symptoms of anxiety disorders which have both physical and emotional symptoms. Following are the most common signs of chronic anxiety: