Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vk Singh
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vk SinghYour feedback matters!
I smoke. Weed (ganja) and cigarette. And from last 4 days when I blow up my nose a little amount of blood is present there (only in morning. A low amount of fever was with me yesterday and the day before yesterday. There is no blood in cough from mouth but from mucus from nose. I don't know what to do. Help!
Sir I am deeply suffered from ringing in ears and its too annoying. From 6 years. Please do some favor. My life has been finished as I think. Sir please.
Hello doctor I feel mucus every time I want to know that is it tb. I have no cough but suffering from cold every time.
Hi, I'm 24 years Old, while daily morning mouth wash I have noticed blood since three days in mucus I spate, I smoke 10 sticks a Day but don't drink or do anything other unhealthy stuff, I don't feel any pain in my throat but yes I have itchy throat and a bit cough coz of mucus I guess, what would the problem, is it something serious? Please Please please advise!
I have itching in the portion exact below private part (penis. Itching occurs only at night. Because of which I couldn't sleep from past few days. Itching caused is very sweet once it starts it's seems to be never ending! is this caused because of mites? Please tell me what should I do?
Addison’s disease is a disorder caused due to significant damage in the adrenal cortex (located alongside the adrenal gland’s perimeter that helps mediate stress reaction), which leads to a deficiency in the secretion of the hormones ‘aldosterone’ (that regulates the sodium and potassium level of the body), ‘androgen’ and ‘cortisol’ (which control the body’s reaction in situations of intense pressure) by the adrenal glands.
There are generally two stages of Addison’s disease. The causes vary according to the stages:
In the primary stage of the disorder, the body’s immune system attacks the adrenal cortex and significantly damages it.
Other significant causes are as follows:
- This might occur as a result of the development of tumors and cancerous cells in the body
- Resulting from certain infections
- Long-term usage of glucocorticoids (inflammation reducing steroids) might result in the primary adrenal insufficiency
- This might also be caused due to tuberculosis or severe bleeding in the adrenal glands.
If you’re suffering from any one of the following complications, your chances of contracting Addison’s disease increase significantly:
- Cancer or if you have undergone any surgery to remove parts of the adrenal gland
- Tuberculosis or diabetes.
- Frequent usage of coagulants
The treatment of Addison’s disease varies according to the cause of the disorder.
The most common treatments for the disorder include:
- A prescribed dosage of glucocorticoids might be recommended
- Replacement of the hormones that the adrenal glands are unable to produce: Cortisone acetate or prednisone might be used in order to replace the ‘cortisol’ hormone.
- Meditation or other relaxing techniques to ease excessive stress levels or manage any trauma that you have been through. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an endocrinologist.