Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vivek Tandon
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Vivek TandonYour feedback matters!
Hello, I want to ask about my mother. Her Bp increases at mid-night to around 140 levels. She feels like ghabrahat. And she feels difficulty breathing also and unable to sleep properly. Physician has told to take BP medicine Telvas 40 and an ENT doctor has told that mucus is accumulated in sinuses, he has given allergic medicines but then also she feels breathing problem. What to do?
I am 46 yrs old female suffering from hypothyroid frm last 6 yrs I take thyronorm 100 mcg at the same tym I have high bp on which I was suggested numlo at. It was going normal but frm last 6 months i'm putting on weight and hav developed gap in knees too. My tsh levels r normal. My diet is same and my concern is weight please guide me.
I am 26 years old male, non smoker, non alcoholic and eat healthy. Sometimes I get a pain like sensation as if something getting compressed in centre of my chest. What may be the reason?
Sir/mam I lost my thinking skills lose interest in studies and PC games which were used to my favourite. When I am in previous class science was my favourite subject as I do not cram anything and understand the fact now I am in 11th I think that I should cram it. Then suddenly my mind stops me but then again I think I should cram. Upto 10th I have many big dreams like becoming a doctor and I am intelligent too in 10th but now in 11th whenever I try to study my heart always told me "WHAT HAPPEN IF YOU NOT STUDY JUST YOU WILL DO A SMALL business AND ALSO WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU DO not EARN ANYTHING OR FAIL IN business WHAT HAPPENS. Such thoughts are always in my mind I get enjoyed by solving maths questions but now no more. Even if get full marks sometimes in a test I don't get such satisfaction or pleasure as I used to be. I ask teacher questions and questions until I get my answer but now if I don't understand anything I have no will of asking questions. Please help me.
Hi Yesterday I had checked my blood pressure 160/100 and doctor priscibed aten 50 and omez what is your opinion sir.
Study shows reasons why chinese and japanese are more healthy inspite if they having weaker genes than indians.
This is a very good article. Not only about the warm water after your meal,
But about heart attack's. The chinese and japanese drink hot tea with their
Meals, not cold water, maybe it is time we adopt
Their drinking habit while
Eating. For those who like to drink cold water, this
Article is applicable to
You. It is very harmful to have cold drink/water during a meal. Because,
The cold water will solidify the oily stuff that you
Have just consumed. It will
Slow down the digestion. Once this'sludge'
Reacts with the acid, it will break down and be
Absorbed by the intestine faster than the solid food. It will line the intestine. Very soon, this will turn into fats
And lead to cancer. It is best to drink hot soup
Or warm water after a meal.
French fries and burgers
Are the biggest enemy of heart health. A coke after that gives more power to
This demon. Avoid them for
Your heart's & health.
Drink one glass of warm water just when you are about to go to bed to avoid clotting of the blood at night to avoid heart attacks or strokes.
Sir I am a diabetic female aged 48 years.And on insulin mixtard and Obimet sr bd.I used to take mixtard 26 in the morning and after lunch obimet 500 mg one and evening mixtard 24 and obimet sr 500.But at present my blood sugar is not under control.especially pp sugar is 350 and above.please suggest.
Complications in the heart valve occur when the functioning of the heart valve is impaired. Valves of the heart allow the blood to flow in one direction and prevent the blood from flowing back into the ventricles of the heart.
Heart valve diseases can be classified as follows:
- Valvular stenosis: This condition occurs when the valves of the heart does not open completely due to stiffness. As the opening is narrow, the heart has to work hard to pump blood. This condition may lead to heart failure.
- Valvular insufficiency: This is a condition where the valve does not close tightly. This causes some of the blood to flow back to the valve. As this condition deteriorates, the heart has to work harder to pump blood.
Types and Causes of valve diseases:
- Acquired valve disease: The structure of the valve changes due to various infections or rheumatic fever. Rheumatic fever is caused by bacterial infection that had not been treated. It tends to occur in children and cause inflammation of the valve.
- Congenital valve disease: This condition usually affects the pulmonary valve where the size of the valve is abnormal.
- Bicuspid aortic valve disease: It is a type of valve disease that impairs the aortic valve. Instead of the regular three cusps, the bicuspid valve only has two. This may cause the valve to be stiff or cause it to leak.
- Mitral valve prolapse: This condition causes the valve to flop back when the heart contracts. This condition also causes the leaflets of the valve to turn irregularly and cause it to stretch. This condition causes the valve to leak.
Symptoms: The symptoms of valve diseases are as follows:
- Weakness: This condition may cause weakness and cause severe discomfort while performing daily activities.
- Palpitations: Symptoms such as irregular heartbeats, skipped beats and rapid heart rhythm occurs in this condition.
- Rapid weight gain: This condition can cause you to gain weight very rapidly.
- It may cause swelling in your ankles, abdomen and feet.
- This condition causes shortness of breath.