Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Vivek TandonYour feedback matters!
Cholesterol - Cholesterol is a dense, fatty substance that found in every cell of your body. It circulates throughout your bloodstream in little bundles called lipoproteins, interior of its is composed of fat, while proteins forms the exterior walls.
Types of cholesterol -
1) Low density lipoproteins (ldl) - its considered as a bad cholesterol form, it enables cholesterol to create plaque that build up and harden on the walls of blood vessels.
2) High density lipoproteins (hdl) - it is the good cholesterol, because it helps to reduce ldl levels. Hdl helps to transport ldl cholesterol to your liver, which removes it from the body.
3) Triglycerides - another form of fat in your blood that can raise your risk for heart disease.
4) Very low density lipoproteins (vldl) - it is a type of blood fat. It's considered one of the bad forms of cholesterol, because this can clog your arteries and lead to a heart attack.
Causes / risk factors -
* cigarette smoking.
* food that contains highly saturated fat and cholesterol can raise your blood cholesterol levels.
* hereditary / genetic factors.
* lack of exercise / low physical activity.
Normal values of cholesterol in adults -
* total serum cholesterol - 130 - 250 mg/dl
* ldl - 60 - 160 mg/dl
* hdl - 30 -70 mg/dl or
* serum triglycerides - 0 - 170 mg/dl
Prevention and treatment of high cholesterol -
Lifestyle changes -
* exercise - do 30 - 45 minutes a day of moderate cardio. It will help s to lose weight and boosts your hdl levels.
* diet - eat more fibers, eat healthy fats i. E. Nuts, olive oil, avocado all have fats that won't increase your ldl, limit cholesterol intake, i. E. Reduce high saturated fat foods like cheese, whole milk, red meats. Choose fruits, vegetables, whole grains, legumes, low fat or nonfat dairy products, fish, eat low salt diet.
* quit smoking, limit alcohol and caffeine consumption.
* do practice relaxation and breathing exercises.
* garlic - it helps to reduce high cholesterol. In the morning take a small piece of garlic and crush it and take with glass of water. The garlic contains allicin which helps to lower high blood pressure and prevents blood clotting.
* drink 8 - 10 glasses of water, per day.
Homeopathy treatment for high cholesterol - the goal of homeopathy is to lower high cholesterol to desired levels to prevent heart diseases.
1) Allium Sativum - for lowering high cholesterol + made from garlic, s so it helps in eliminating the excess cholesterol from the body by raising vitality of the patient + increased appetite, craving for meat + suffers from acidity symptoms.
2) Calcarea Carbonica - reduces high cholesterol in fat or overweight persons + excessive craving for boiled eggs + sensitiveness to cold air and continuous perspiration on scalp + palpitations also be complained at night or after having meals.
3) Crataegus Oxyacantha - acts as a tonic for heart muscles that have become weakened due to reduced blood supply to heart + dissolve the cholesterol deposits in arteries + difficulty in breathing after even the slightest exertion.
My HDL is 29.0 What am I supposed to do to increase my good cholesterol? Also my SGOT is 63.2 and SGPT is 116.4? Is my liver is damaged?
I have smoked ganja. My heart is beating very fast and my head is paining and chakkar aa rhe hai. I feel I m going to dead. Please help me.
My dad suffering from shortness of breathing while talking and normal work. We have done many check up angiography ECG etc. All reports are fine. Now doctor told that he has allergy and treating Allegra and ecosprin. But I don't see much improvement. Should I wait or should go to other check ups?
I am a bp patient. How can control my bp and before some days I was take whisky daily but not now. Please consult me.
I'm 61 years of age, cholesterol-182mg/dl, tgl-301mg/dl, hdl-28, vldl-60.20mg/dl (report in march'15, not on medicine as yet. Taking dietry precautions only. Need your advices on medicines, dietry and natural remedies. Regards and thanks. Reply soon
I'm a 37 years young male and having all the time low BP. Causing sleepiness Everytime despite full 8 to 9 hrs deep sleep. Seeking any remedy or the solution for the same.
I am 76 years old. 5years ago pta stent has placed in blood vein to the heart and I am taking ranozex 5oo; cardio plus, and pinomh20 after breakfast, deplatt cv after lunch and after dinner one tablet ranozex 500 though I am comfortable, should I perform angiogram once more to ascertain whether the stent is in right position and whether there is any blockages elsewhere etc. Plesae advice.
Hi I am ravishankar 25 years old. For the past few months Iam getting some pain in chest. What should I do?
Now I'm experience some fatigue and my cholesterol level also high. In addition to that, I have raised triglyceride level as well. Few days ago, I have been subjected to an abdomen ultrasound test. The result says that I have a mild fatty liver. Is mild fatty liver reversible? Is this the reason for my elevated cholesterol and triglyceride levels?
I m 26 year old, after eating I have pain in my chest from last 20 days. Now vein of my right hand has started paining.
When we are diagnosed with high cholesterol levels, we straight away start popping pills. Having high cholesterol levels does not mean we are ill, it means that we are not eating right.
By changing our dietary habits and staying away from processed and fat rich food, we can keep our cholesterol levels in check. Here are some indian foods that help in lowering the cholesterol levels:
Methi seeds are rich in a compound called saponins that reduce cholesterol absorption from food. They also help in lowering the production of cholesterol in the body
How to use:
Roast methi seeds till they turn brown. Make a powder from the roasted seeds. And add one spoon of powder to a glass of to warm water and have it daily
Garlic, contains allicin which helps lower total cholesterol, bad cholesterol and triglycerides. It also prevents fat deposition within blood vessels.
How to use:
Crush 2- 3 garlic cloves and add them to a glass of water. Take it empty stomach every morning.
Onions are rich sources of antioxidants. They also help reduce bad cholesterol and increase good cholesterol levels in the body.
How to use
Add sliced onion to your daily salads regularly
Walnuts are rich sources of mono and polyunsaturated fatty acids and help in reducing cholesterol levels. They also help in keeping blood vessels healthy
How to use
Take a handful of walnuts (40g) daily. You can add them to breakfast cereals, fruit salads or take them as a snack. Make sure the walnuts are not salted or sugar coated.
Flax seeds also called linseed or alsi are packed with omega 3 fatty acids. They are rich in fiber that binds to cholesterol and decreases its absorption from foods. Flax seeds also help in increasing good cholesterol levels.
How to use:
Grind the seeds into a fine powder. Add one teaspoon of this powder to water and have it first thing in the morning daily. You can also sprinkle a spoonful of flax seeds to breakfast cereals, chutnies or salads.