Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
My son 1 month and 25 days is suffering from cough for last 3 days can you please suggest the medicines to cure it and when he cough he was vomiting full of milk he drink from mother, its mother feeding only? And he had one white spot on left chicks and any ointment or cream to cure it?
Bedwetting, also known as Nocturnal Enuresis, can be referred to as the unintended and involuntary urination during sleep. Enuresis, being a medical term, stands for wetting, whether during the day in full clothing or at night in bed. For young children and infants, urination is certainly involuntary. It is worth note that children who wet their beds are not actually being disobedient or lazy.
Child Bedwetting can be classified into two types- Primary and Secondary
It has been continuing since the phase of early childhood without a halt; which means the child bed-wets every night.
The child is unable to hold urine over the length of the night.
The child cannot wake up in case his or her bladder is almost full..
The child has been taught poor toilet habits as he/she puts off urinating for hours during the day.
Secondary bedwetting can be an indication of a repressed medical or emotional condition.
Infection of the urinary tract can cause irritation and pain along with a strong urge to urinate.
People suffering from diabetes need to urinate frequently.
Any injury or abnormality of the nervous system can take a toll on the neurological balance that fundamentally controls urination
A peculiarity in the muscles or other organs that are involved in urination can be the reason behind bedwetting.
How to address the problem of bedwetting?
Motivational Therapy: This involves parents motivating their children to reinforce their sense of self-control over bed-wetting.
Moisture alarms that can detect wetness in the child’s trousers while sleeping and sound an alarm bell to wake the child up.
- Tricyclic anti-depressants that lower the amount of urine produced by the kidney.
My daughter is 12 years old, got matured in the month of jan 2015. There were few blood drops, later never bleeding happened yet. Please let me know what should be the precautionary measures to be taken to keep her in good health
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated? What exactly is a spine block injection? Will it work long-term for low back pain due to disc problems? What causes Hashimoto's thyroiditis, and what is the best method of treatment? Can iodine help this condition?
My 1.5 Year child not eating properly. Only taking milk .is any food supplement for him.Please tell.
After delivery I got 10 kg weight increase, for that I am taking ayurveda medicine to weight loss but my baby is breast feeder as less as early and beside it also having outer baby food. Will there is any possibility side effect for baby's health. Please advise.
Eczema is a common chronic skin condition, which is characterized by skin inflammation and irritation. The most prevalent type of eczema is Atopic dermatitis. It is not a communicable disease and is usually caused, owing to immunological alterations within the body.
The fundamental characteristic of homeopathy treatment is that it targets with respect to eczema:
- Genetic components
- Coping mechanism with sentimental triggers
Major advantages of homeopathy include:
- It treats the disturbances of immune system and treats the roots of this disease.
- In most of the cases its effects are long lasting.
- It is non-toxic and causes zero side effects.
The following are effective homeopathic remedies to treat eczema:
- Weeping type of eczema: Graphite is an effective homeopathic medication that treats the weeping type of eczema that usually occurs between fingers or toes, behind the ears and scalp. It provides effective relief from eczematous eruptions that discharge sticky fluid and eczema that develops on eyelids.
- Dry eczema in knees joints and bents of elbow: Sepia officinalis is an ideal homeopathic remedy for eczema in knees and bends of elbow. It provides relief from severe scratching that occurs due to dry skin.
- Excessive itching: Sulphur is a Natural Homeopathic medicine, which is considered one of the most effective remedies for eczema. It provides instant relief from burning sensation and excessive itching. It is also beneficial in the case of eczema that has worsened due to the indiscriminate usage of external ointments.
- Gastric or urinary trouble: Lycopodium clavatum is an effective remedy for patients suffering from some sort of urinary or gastric trouble. It is also known to provide effective relief from severe itching and bleeding resulting from eczematous eruptions. It also provides relief in cases of deep fissures and hardening of skin.
A baby of 4 months don't take milk. So what should be given to a baby which will act as his food or milk.
For the growth and development of children, they need an essential nutrient Iron. It helps in the transfer of oxygen from lungs to the body's tissues. Red blood cells contain iron in the hemoglobin. The hemoglobin carries oxygen in the blood to the different parts of the body. Iron has an important role to play in the development of brain and generating energy in a child's body. The lack of sufficient iron in the child's body can lead to anemia, which is a nutritional deficient illness and will require medical attention. When a child suffers from anemia, the lack of oxygen makes a child weak and sick.
There are certain symptoms of Iron deficiency in a child's body. These are:
- Infections and weak immune system can make a child suffer from frequent infections.
- Lethargy and fatigue is another common symptom of an iron deficient body. Due to deficiency of Iron it is difficult for the body to transport oxygen to cells in the body and hence it unable to generate enough energy levels.
- Breathlessness and increased sweating can be a sign that your child may be suffering from iron deficiency.
- Pica Children suffering from iron deficiency may find a special taste for non-food substances like chalk, dirt and clay.
- Lack of iron in the body hampers the physical growth of a child.
The deficiency of iron in children can be diagnosed through blood tests. Your doctor may recommend supplementing iron content orally or through multivitamin medicines. But the deficiency of Iron in a child's body should be taken care of with absolute urgency.
Proper steps should be taken to prevent the deficiency of Iron in children. Those notable precautions are mentioned below:
- Balanced diet: A well balanced diet is always recommended. For older children (within 9-12 years of age), red meat, chicken and fish would suffice as good sources of iron.
- Oral iron supplements: Oral iron supplements would be required for children with low weight at birth and who have a deficiency of iron in their daily diet.
- Vitamin C: Foods such as strawberries, tomatoes and potatoes help in providing the sufficient iron content when included in daily diets, thus reducing the chances of anemia.