Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pulmonologists in India. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Management of Smoking Cessation
Asthma Management Program
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Treatment & Management
Submit a review for Dr. Vivek NangiaYour feedback matters!
I have been suffering from cough since 2 years, Which is no harm to me, But some time I feel Breath problem When am hungry. Please provide me the solution.
I have cough and chest pain from last 2 weeks and my younger becomes yellow and a little bit of pain on my head when I squese.
I have asthma and because of this I have breathing problem so please suggest me ways to prevent them.
I have sinus problem and I have breathing problem. So I met doctor and he prescribed me some medicine and after taking tablets for one week some type of sound started from my ears then I asked my doctor about that but he told me it will be reduce within 15 days but im waited for 3 months but there is no change. I have hearing problem My right ear 78% & Left ear 40%.Doctor suggested me to take surgery for sinus. Im not able to sleep at night times due to breathing problem and sounds inside the ear. Im getting irritation regularly due to this sounds. Kindly suggest me the better option.
Hi i am daughter of 64 year old man. In 2006 he went for brocoscopy where doctr gve him clean chit abt the lessn present on his left lung. In 2011 ct scan done tat again shows same thing nd v ignord tat bz already knwn abt the spot nw few dayz bfr went fr x ray and tat spot had covered his half lung of left side nw cect sugest by doct nd radiologst said in had now involved his liver please sugest me wat to do further as I cannt c him dying. He had redused his weight bt no any othr symptom lyk loss of apitite cough etc
I am 34 old and am suffering from breathing problem before two years I had went to surgery for sinus I feel good after that but again problem is coming.
I am having cough from 5 days. I took joshina medicine. Bt its not working. recommend me any medicine please.
Cystic fibrosis is a genetic condition, which primarily affects the lungs and persistence of this condition might lead to severe breathing problems and loss of lung function. If you have inherited two copies of the defective gene from your parents, you are likely to suffer from this disease. Cystic Fibrosis causes a buildup of thick mucus in your lungs and affects other organs such as the kidneys, pancreas and the intestines in your body.
It isn't very uncommon as one out of fifty people in Asia is a carrier of this disease. The disease gets its name from the cysts formed in the pancreas of the sufferer. However, this disease can be detected by testing the quantity of salt present in your sweat. Prenatal testing for Fibrosis is another method to test if your newborn is likely to contract a lung infection.
Complications faced due to cystic fibrosis include:
- Serious sinus infections
- Serious damage in lungs due to inflammation and incessant infection
- Complication in breaking down protein
- Respiratory tract contamination
If you observe one or more of the following symptoms, you might be suffering from Cystic Fibrosis:
- Salty-tasting skin
- Bowel obstruction caused due to meconium ileus (obstruction of the bowels)
- Mucus amiss in your alveoli
- Persistent coughing with phlegm discharge
- Shortness of breath while engaging in a physical task
- Stunted or measly growth despite healthy lifestyle habits
- Infertility in males
If you're suffering from cystic fibrosis, there isn't any particular treatment which is recommended due to the varying degrees of it found in people. However, consultation with a medical practitioner and an individualised treatment plan can help you minimise the risks and lead a better life.
Some therapies you can opt for are:
- Airway clearance: This therapy helps sift the thick layer of mucus around your organs. Some people have also chosen to use the inflatable vest which vibrates around your chest, thereby, thinning and loosening the layer of mucus.
- Inhaled medicines: Another breakthrough in the field of respiratory medicine, this method requires the patient to sniff a liquid consisting of mist, which is inhaled with the aid of a nebuliser. This method is known to be beneficial for opening airways.
- Pancreatic enzyme supplements: Along with multivitamins, these specially designed supplements are known to cater to your pancreas with the much-needed nutrients and they need to be consumed with every meal. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pulmonologist.