Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Vivek MarwahYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor. Its been 4 months, still my wife experiences pain in her vagina when we have sex. What could be the reason. And cure.
Can hymen be broken with the use of tampons I am virgin but i did not bleed when i had sex first time what's the reason? Is reason use of tampon or anything else? Please advise.
Fast Food Facts
What is fast food and why is it so popular?
Fast food, junk food, processed food, ready-meals - Whatever label you give it, it all comes down to the same thing - food that's been through the factory and had much of its goodness removed. Fast food is quick, convenient and usually inexpensive and hence children, teenagers and busy youngsters are easy target. However, it is little known that fast food is inexpensive because it is usually made with cheaper ingredients such as high saturated fat meat, refined grains with added sugar and fats, etc
Is fast food bad?
There is no such thing as a 'bad' food. All foods can fit into a healthy meal plan. It's true that fast food is usually high in fat, calories, cholesterol and sodium, but eating fast food every once in a while is not going to cause problems. If we eat too much fast food over a long period of time, though, it can lead to health problems like high blood pressure, heart disease and obesity.
If you are having fast food more than once a week, try to make healthier choices. Here are some tips:
- Choose foods that are boiled over fried, such as a grilled chicken sandwich instead of fried chicken or chicken nuggets
- Choose soups that are not cream based. If the name of the soup includes the word cream, such as 'Creamy Tomato Soup', avoid ordering it
- Have low-fat salad dressings instead of the full-fat kind
- Have a salad or soup instead of fries
- Use yoghurt, mustard or ketchup instead of mayonnaise
- Order smaller portions - the smaller the portion size, the lesser the calories
- When ordering a burger or sandwich, select leaner meats like grilled chicken instead of fried items such as burgers or steak and avoid adding cheese
- Choose water, low-fat milk, or diet sodas instead of regular sodas, fruit drinks, milkshakes or whole milk
- When ordering pizza, add veggies instead of meat, and get thin crust instead of deep dish
- If fruits and veggies are available, try to add them into your meal. For example, have lettuce and tomato on sandwiches or burgers
- Vegetable items are usually lower in fat than the meat dishes but can still be high in total calories
- Most appetizers are deep fried and some can hold more oil resulting in excessive calories. Switch to soups instead
- Stir-fry dishes are the best choice for lower calories
Essential Fast Food facts
- Laden with additives and unhealthy ingredients
A quick look at any food label will show you a long list of ingredients. We need to improve our ability to read and interpret food labels, which will help us make informed choices. More often than not, these foods are loaded with fats, sugar, salt and artificial additives. Many of these food additives, can have serious effects on long-term health. The fact that many children have diets high in processed foods underlies in the massive increase in childhood obesity
- Essential nutrients are missing
It's not just what's in fast food, which is alarming. What fast foods leave out, has just as bad an impact on health. Fast foods usually do not contain the following:
- Fiber, which is essential to keep the gut working properly. Processing methods remove most of the fiber originally present in the food. Long term low fiber intake can lead to serious health problems
- Vitamins and minerals in fast foods are lost due to processing and refining, which is often carried out at high temperatures. Some processed foods have added vitamins and minerals - often because those that were there to start with have been lost in processing. Others have very little or even non-existent nutritional value
- Bad for health
The dire effects of diets which rely too much on fast and processed foods are listed below:
- Lethal diseases - cancer, heart diseases, diabetes - are linked with poor diet and overweight
- Obesity in children and adults has reached a record high and continues to increase
- Lack of certain essential nutrients (like iron) can cause behavioural problems in children and can affect their ability to learn
- Long term fast/processed food (ab)use can lead to numerous other problems in children - caries prone teeth, dry skin, bad breath, constipation, digestive problems, headaches, poor concentration, depression, tiredness, anaemia - the list goes on and on
- Lacking flavour and texture
Junk foods are bland because processing wipes out subtle differences in flavour, appetizing fragrances and aromas. You have a well-flavoured meal in front of you, little knowing that this is due to added artificial flavours, colors and aromas. Yet the flavours never taste like food freshly prepared, from fresh and simple ingredients
- Not as fresh as they seem
Some processed foods pretend to be fresh - salads, which are doused in chlorinated water before packing. It's kept looking good, maybe for days and days on end, by added preservatives
What can you do?
Healthy eating and fast food can't exist side by side. As you switch to a healthy diet, one by one the fast foods must go:
- Learn to understand food labels. If you're looking for healthy food, labels hold the key. Read them and start seeking for healthier alternatives
- If you can't always avoid eating junk food, learn to choose the more healthy fast foods
- As you gradually eradicate unhealthy foods from your diet, replace them with simple, fresh foods and encourage your friends to do the same
- Help your family to start shopping differently, buying fresh foods more frequently, relying less on foods which have a long shelf life because they're full of artificial preservatives and buying for just few meals, at a time. Over a few months, you'll find that it's not that time-consuming and you and your family is actually enjoying planning and eating healthier meals
- In time, processed foods that used to seem appetizing will lose their appeal, as your palate becomes attuned to fresher, purer flavours
-Be realistic. Sometimes with friends you'll still have a burger or a ready-meal. Relax. Healthy eating is all about balance. As long as most of the time you're eating good, nutritious food, that's fine
Once you know the fast food facts, you'll never the feel the same about the foods in junk food joints again. Start gradually changing the way you eat and you'll enjoy food more and feel better, as well as give yourself, your family and friends massive health benefits which are long-term. You're not alone in this. Half the world is trying to do the same. But remember you can make it happen, only if you try. Your time starts NOW
Hello I had my periods on 17th Feb. As prescribed by my gynaecologist I started taking the birth control pill Crisanta on 18th. I had regularly for 21 days. I then continued with a new pack without taking a break. I have my pills regularly at the same time at 10 pm max within 15 mins. After completing the first 21 days i had sex while I was on the pill but I got paranoid and used unwanted 72 as well. Then I used double protection condoms and Crisanta to avoid any chances. On 23Rd March I got scared and did urine and blood pregnancy test. It came negative. Now I am on 7 pill free days. 3 days have passed no period. Is there even a slight chance of pregnancy? Should I take another test. I am in a great worry.
I use the tab. Crina NCR 10 mg for endometriosis. I have severe throat and stomach burning sensation. Indigestion, Swelling of stomach, sleep disturbance, itching sensation in my vagina. I already take for 10 days. 2 tab per day. Shall I continue or not.
I am 26 years girl . I am pregnant last 15 days last period date .its recently happened. No week of gestation yet. Let me tell how I abort the child now. I want to completely remove from pregnant . Later I decide for child after 10 years. But now I no need of child.
Are Krimpson 35 and Benforce M are the perfect medicines for PCOs? I have suggested to take krimpson 35 for 6 months and Benforce M for 3 months. Should I take these medicines? Are these two safe and will it cure my pcos?
I am 21 years old and I am suffering from high fear along with severe cold. I have been using capsules fro a period of 1 week but no change in my health condition (paracetamol, saridon, avil) are the tablets I had used.
Milk is not a simple drink; in fact, it can be called a phenomenon that traces back to thousands of years to time unknown. Even today the milk myth is very much present in our daily lives and you will be surprised to know that back in 2001, the average American kid drank more than 104 quarts of cow milk. But does it really have any good effect on human bones? Researchers say otherwise; milk tends to deplete the calcium content in human bones.
The cause in the myth of milk
The myth of milk has extended itself across the globe on the basis of a misconception that calcium and protein-rich drinks are essential to support bone health at all ages. Here it can be implied that the confusion regarding supposed benefits of milk may have stemmed from the fact that milk is rich in calcium, which is about 300 mg calcium for a cupful of milk.
Did you know that various scientific studies have reported that series of detrimental health issues are directly connected with consumption of milk? The most astonishing fact here is that not only do people hardly absorb the calcium contained in cow’s milk, but it leads to depletion of calcium content in the human bones. Similar to animal protein, milk would acidify the pH level of the body which leads to a biological correction. You can also take the package for Reducing Joint/Muscle Pains.
Milk causes depletion of calcium content in bones
Calcium is a great acid neutralizer and the largest store of calcium in the body is in the bones. Therefore, the calcium required by the bones to stay strong is contrarily used by the body for neutralizing the acidic effect of the milk. Once the calcium is taken out of the bone, it passes out of the body through urination. So the awful net outcome of consuming milk is a deficiency of calcium within the bones.
In a report published by the nutrition director for the physicians committee for responsible medicine, it is claimed that the countries with the highest level of osteoporosis are those where milk consumption is the highest. The report said that the relation between bone health and calcium consumption is poor. Just the way mother’s milk is indispensable for a human baby, cow’s milk owing to its very nature is ideal for calves.
Besides, depleting calcium content in the bones, cow’s milk increases the risk of fracture and is an acidifying animal protein that takes a toll on the human digestive system as well. If you are still skeptical about these facts, then let a healthcare provider explain it in detail to you. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.
I have a problem if white discharge n I feel wet while sitting on table at ma school time what can I do to get rid from this thing.
She is having pregnancy of 5 months. She is taking meals only with curd. Will it any problem for baby?
Your health is affected by a number of physical, mental and emotional conditions. Falling in love is one of these factors. Being in love with someone does not only put a smile on your face, it can also boost your immunity and lower stress levels. Love can make you feel stronger both mentally and physically. Here are a few reasons why love is beneficial to your health.
- You may have a longer life: Love helps fight stress and hence helps reduce the harmful effects of stress. Stress is a direct trigger for many fatal conditions such as heart attack and strokes and thus, being in love reduces your risk of such diseases. Studies have also shown that when in love, a person takes more care of themselves and hence has a lower risk of having an accident, violence etc. thus, being in love can give you a longer lifespan and can reduce chances of an early death.
- You may have a lower risk of lifestyle diseases: Along with boosting your immunity love can also improve your lifestyle. Instead of microwaving a TV dinner, a person in love is likely to eat a healthier meal with their partner and be more conscious of their diet. Being in love also makes you want to look good thus, encourages exercising. By following a healthy diet and exercising regularly, you can reduce your chances of suffering from lifestyle diseases such as diabetes and obesity. Living with a person you love can also lower your alcohol and nicotine consumption and hence protect you from their ill effects.
- It protects you from depression: Companionship and love are good for a person’s mental health. Love can help stabilise emotions and keep you from depression. By living with someone a person does not have the chance to withdraw into themselves and can always rely on having someone to talk to. By sharing your thoughts and emotions with another person, difficult situations can become easier to handle and hence cause less stress and depression.
- It can help you look younger: As mentioned earlier, being in love can make you take better care of yourself. It is often said that a person in love ’glows’. In a nutshell, being in love makes you happy and this releases happy hormones that aid in the removal of toxins and prevent premature ageing. When you’re in love, you may also notice your hair looking healthier and shinier. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.