Lybrate.com has top trusted Gastroenterologists from across India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
From 2014 and 2015 2 times I gone for urine culture test in that report its shows EcoLi bacteria is found and I used antibiotic medicines for that , is this bacteria will harm? And I suffering from gastric problem also from 2 years onwards, because of this bacteria only I am suffering with gastric?
I am 30 years old and I was low on weight already and recently I diagnosed ulcerative colitis that's why I am loosing weight .so kindly suggest me some specific diet so that I can put on some weight.
I am 34 year old. I have acidity problem. If I don't take lunch at time which is before 1 pm i got headache /gas problem. Please suggest.
Hello, I'm getting left side chest pain and in the same place back pain frequently. It comes in night or in the morning I wake up with that pain. Not regularly but like once in a week. Pain is on upper part of breast and sometimes feel like whole left breast is in pain. When asked in medical shop they are saying gas pain. I'm getting this pain from 2 months. First time pain was like hell. I felt like getting heart attack. But when rubbed a lot it was gone. After that when I get pain I used to apply tiger balm and rub and it goes away slowly. This is if I get pain in morning. If it was in night I had to sleep with that pain n do the tiger balm process in the morning. Today when I woke up I got pain and going even after applying tiger balm. Please help. Thanks in advance.
The treatment of fatty liver depends upon what is causing it, and generally, treating the underlying cause will reverse the process of steatosis if implemented at early stage.
In most instances, treatment of fatty liver and steatohepatitis requires control of the underlying conditions.
This may include reduction of high blood triglycerides, good control of diabetes, or not drinking alcohol.
Moreover, people with liver disease or dysfunction need to be very careful about the allopathic medicines they choose to take as many common prescription and over-the-counter drugs can be toxic to the liver and severly worsen the condition and functioning of this important organ.
If ignored or left untreated, many liver diseases will lead to permanent and irreversible damage to the liver and can be a significant threat to your health.
However, homeopathy can be tried safely. The medicines are by nature gentle because it treats liver problems - or for that matter any other problem - by treating the person as a whole and each person individually. Sensitive persons require altogether different remedies and dosages than robust types.
Homeopathic treatment treats the liver sluggishness while the patient changes his diet to clear out the excess toxic materials from his body.
Remedies improves the functioning of the liver and promote health.
Homeopathy prevents problems associated with a sluggish liver such as depressed immune system, constant fatigue, obesity, sluggish digestive system, allergies, respiratory ailments, unhealthy skin, irritability and so on.
The medicines treat liver disease and prevent further damage to the liver in diseases like viral hepatitis, cirrhosis, fatty liver, hemochromatosis, alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency and wilson's disease.
Remedies prevent healthy liver from damage caused by medications and alcohol.
Homeoapthy improves gall bladder functioning, reduce inflammation and help dissipate gallstones.
There are many homeopathy medicines which give great relief in fatty liver disorder. However, the correct choice and the resulting relief is a matter of experience and right judgment on the part of the doctor. The treatment is decided after thorough case taking of the patient.
This is a disease that affects the large intestine and the rectum. The Ulcerative Colitis refers to the inflammation in the innermost lining of the large intestine. The main function of the large intestine is to absorb water from indigestible food matter in the body before throwing away any waste. Hence, the large intestine is a vital part of our body. If left untreated, the disease increases risk of colon cancer.
- Diarrhea with blood or pus: A person suffering from Ulcerative Colitis is likely to suffer from loose stools accompanied with blood or pus.
- Stomach pain and Cramping: In many cases, patients complain of severe stomach pain and cramping.
- Rectal pain: At times, many patients feel pain while sitting or even after a bowel movement.
- Bleeding from the rectum: Bleeding can be observed while passing stools.
The other complications leading to this disease are kidney stones, swelling of the colon, thickening of intestinal walls and blood infection.
This disease can be diagnosed by several methods. A simple stool test may be done to check out for bacteria and parasites. A blood test to check the level of C-reactive protein helps determine the inflation rate of the body. Endoscopy, colonoscopy, biopsy are some other methods of diagnosis.
- Oral medication: Treatment involves drug therapy or surgery. The first step in treating Ulcerative Colitis will be an intake of anti-inflammatory drugs, but these may have a side effect. Another option is immune system suppressors, which help to bring down the inflammation by suppressing the immune system response. Antibiotics, anti-diarrheal medications, pain relievers are some of the additional drug supplements recommended by doctors.
- Surgery: Surgery plays an important role because this disease is pre-malignant in nature. Depending on the severity of the condition, the medical practitioner may advice surgery. The common methods of surgery are:
- Proctocolectomy and Ileostomy: Proctocolectomy involves removal of the colon in part or whole. Ileostomy is carried out by placing a special bag in the small intestine to collect waste from the body.
- Proctocolectomy and Ileo-anal: Ileo-anal pouch is a bag directly created the small intestine and connected to the anus, for diffusing the stools. As colon is removed Ulcerative Colitis cannot re-occur.
Precautions after surgery
It is very important that the patient takes healthy, sufficient and nutritious food so that bowel movement can be carried out with ease and zero strain. The patient has to restrict lifting of heavy grocery, mowing the lawn, any physical activity that can strain the abdomen and related areas.