Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Vivek MagonYour feedback matters!
Hi I am 25 year old female I haven't been able to eat since 2 days and I am having ulcer on my mouth, I have tried multiple home remedies, but didn't work, what to do? Please help me!
I'm 23 years old man. Mere dato me pilapan ho gaya h aur wo pilapan ja nhi rha h aur mere mukh as badbu v aati h.Jabki mai apne mukh ko achchi tarah se wash karta hu.
Doctor me niche ke 4teeth me cavity hai. Aur cavity lag ke pura teeth khatam ho gaya hai .usme mujhe pain bhi nhi hota hai to kya mujhe use kisi dentist ko dikhane ki zarurat hai kyaa.
I am having wisdom tooth pain since 3 days. It was severe on friday I went to dentist she advice me removal of teeth. Currently I am having very minute pain while opening my mouth wide nothing else. Kindly advice me what should I do in this situation.
I have teeth problem. When I brush in my teeth blood was appear. What to do? please suggest me some diagnostics.
I have 32 teeth in my mouth. Can I grow one more tooth? So, that I can eat my food quickly and I can smile bigger and I can get full paisa vasool from my toothpaste?
Negatively altered tooth shape or color affects not just the aesthetics, but also the person’s social image and self confidence. It can convert them into introverts who shy away from socialization. Teeth can lose their shape or color due to various reasons from hypo mineralized teeth, to food/tobacco stains, to fractures, trauma or tooth decay. If you are looking for a brilliant white smile with the perfect shape and alignment then veneers have the inherent ability of correcting all minor dental flaws creating a near perfect result.
A Veneer like its namesake is a thin perfectly shaped extension of tooth colored material which maybe composite , ceramic or a combination of the two. While composite resin veneers are fabricated over the affected tooth in a single sitting, the porcelain veneer requires taking impressions and the veneers are fabricated in the lab, which are then fixed on the tooth.
Veneers also help correct minor discolorations and mildly mishapen teeth. The choice of using composite or porcelain depends on a number of factors. Composite resin has a big advantage of reversibility. If the end result is not very satisfactory, then the entire restoration can be removed and a new veneer can be applied. With porcelains, the biggest advantage is their excellent resistance to staining. Even with long term use of coffee and tea, the chances of staining the porcelain veneers would be minimal.
Some of the properties of composite include:
- Requires less tooth reduction than a porcelain, thereby saving more natural tooth structure
- The material is extremely plastic and resinous, allowing sufficient working time for the dentist to achieve the desired shape and size of the veneer
- It is slightly porous and therefore, has a tendency to absorb water over a period of time and take in some stain
- Should be polished extremely well to achieve the natural looks
- May require replacement after about 3 to 5 years
- Can be done in one dental clinic visit
Some of the unique characteristics of porcelain include:
- The result of a well-done porcelain veneer produces an extremely natural looking tooth
- The best advantage of porcelain is that it is not porous and therefore once it is glazed, does not stain over a period of time. The typical discoloration around the edges of the veneers seen in composite restorations is not seen with porcelain veneers
- These veneers therefore last longer than the composite resin veneers
- They are more expensive compared to the composite resin veneers.
- They require at least 2-3 dental visits
The choice of the material for veneer and the result would depend ultimately on the patient’s aesthetic requirements and overall oral health maintenance. Having a detailed discussion with the dentist will help in choosing the right material and getting the maximum benefit out of it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist and ask a free question.