Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vivek Kumar
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Vivek KumarYour feedback matters!
My wife suffering from partial loss of vision in right eye due to heamorrange caused due to hypertension. Please suggest what to do and how and where the same can be treated.
Contact lenses are one of the most convenient ways to correct vision-related problems. It is easily disposable and requires least maintenance. It might have minor side effects in the form of irritations and allergies but it requires least time for adaptability. They help to correct nearsightedness and farsightedness along with astigmatism and age-related vision problems like presbyopia. Following are the benefits and harms of wearing contact lenses.
Positive effects of contact lenses
1. Better vision: Wearing contact lenses improves your vision to a great amount, especially peripheral vision. They are comfortable to wear and can correct both nearsightedness and farsightedness. They can cause discomfort initially but are more effective than glasses. Lenses are also available in bifocals and tints and can be worn for long periods of time.
2. Great for active lifestyle: Glasses can be a hindrance to sports activities and can limit your peripheral vision. Lenses on the other hand are great for an active lifestyle as they require short adaptation period. They are easy to put and take care of and do not require a lot of maintenance on your part as it needs least cleaning.
Risks of wearing contact lenses:
- Dry eyes: Dry eyes are the most common side effects of wearing contact lenses
- Infections: Contact lenses wearers are prone to infection of the cornea called keratitis. It can cause swelling, blurry vision and other problems due to lack of oxygen supply to the cornea.
- Allergic reactions: Allergic reaction to the contact lens solution can affect your vision as it causes inflammation of the eyeballs and redness. It can also cause eyelid inflammation and limit your scope of vision. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.
Drs, I have an eyes problem. I am wearing specs since last 7 years. My eyes are totally blur. I can not see nothing without specs. Now I am 17 years old. What should I do. Pls help me doctors.
Hi. My mother is diabetic ,and her blood sugar level is mostly high. Her vision is getting poor. What can be done as to maintain both her blood sugar level and healthy eyesight?
My vision becomes blurry after some time while I was using Mobile or reading the book, and my eyes becomes wet. What is the reason for this and should it be cured.
My eyes getting weak continuously. And am having more work on laptops so please suggest me something so I can save my eyes. Already I am having -3 number.
Hi I am going to the gym regularly and I exercise for five days a week. The amount of protein I take through food is not able to reach the level I should take for a better physique. Can I take protein powders from good brands like ON or Nitrotek. I drink ample water daily if I take these powders. I have taken twice in the past and did not see any side effects. Can you please advice me on this matter given that this is an ambiguous matter and different people have different opinions. I have spoken to innumerable trainers and athletes and everybody has advised me to take so. Can you please give me your expert advice.
I have red eyes for over 4 days so please suggest me what to do in that case also say me the diet and also some proper medicines for it?
I am 30 years old female, m suffering with fever 100. 7f. My eyes became red and ful severe headache and body pains. What is solution for this?
I have a vision problem. I cant make out the distance while driving & sometimes I cant make out whether it is coming from left or right side.
I have reddish eye from my birth. Dr. says that it is due to allergy. They prescribed medicines but in vain. What shall I do now?
Hi sir, Good after noon. I am male 34 years. My weight is 74 kg and height is 170 cm. My question is I am working as a In a designing field so that I have to watch system (laptop) through out the day. My eyes will get tired and I am always sleepy. My eyes will close automatically while I was working. Am I over weight. And some of my colleagues said to check my blood sugar. I went for a test of blood sugar with fasting and its normal. I will sleep enough in night from 10: 30 pm to 5: 30 am. Eventhough I have enough sleep why I am always sleepy and lazy in all the day. I am not feeling energetic in day times. Please give any solution to my problem. Do I need any medical check up. ?
My eyes became red every time I put up my contact lenses from last month onwards, I can not get it why?
This method is implied for youngsters and people aged below 40 years, who have high power glasses, and are not suitable for lasik treatment. Here, an ultra slender lens of an uncommon configuration and the required force is situated in the eye over the normal lens inside the eye. This lens amends the spectacle force of the eye. ICL (Implantable Biocompatible Lens) is made in Switzerland, and the request for the lens is set according to estimations of the eye.
Here are some facts you should know about ICL:
- Spherical ICL lens redresses only spherical powered glasses. Toric ICL lens rectifies chamber alongside the spherical force of glasses. The main technique for changeless vision rectification that didn't include glasses or contact lenses accessible to patients who are not reasonable contenders for LASIK is the ICL or the Implantable contact.
- It is embedded in the back chamber, behind the iris, over the normal lens of the eye so as to correct the refractive mistake of the eye.
- It offers vision adjustment that is more honed and has more prominent profundity and measurement than other refractive surgeries. Indeed, ICL may create unrivalled visual quality as confirmed by less higher request abnormalities than corneal refractive surgeries. Patients encounter an almost immediate vision recovery.
- The lens is invisible to the eyes of the patient and also other people. The whole surgery takes around 10 to 15 minutes. The lens is biocompatible and made of collamer, a material based on collagen. It contains a UV blocker that forestalls unsafe UVA and UVB rays from entering the eye.
- ICL surgeries are amazingly safe. A few patients may encounter some distress amid the mending procedure like dry eyes or light affectability. These impacts are brief. Your specialist will examine with you the dangers and advantages of the method amid your interview.
Advantages of ICL:
- The lens is foldable and infused through a small, torment free, self-recuperating entry point in your eye.
- The ICL gives very successful results, and fantastic nature of vision. After this treatment, you can leave the clinic following two or three hours, because of fast recuperation. You will have the capacity to make the most of your new sight very quickly and retreat to your dynamic way of life. Your specialist will give you a point by point exhort on this.
- ICL corrects a very large range of visual defects.ICL Is one of the most effective spectacle removal techniques. It corrects your vision instantly after a surgery and lasts quite long. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.