Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vivek KhannaYour feedback matters!
my lips are very dark. some people says you are smoking that's why you got dark lips. but i have no addiction of any kind. what should i do. please help me.
Having dark circles. What is the way to get rid of it Its getting more prominent while tired. I take sleep for almost 8 to 8.30 hours a day. I need to work 8 hours a day. Its mainly computer work or paper work. What to do.
I got somewhat fat and have some problem for my hair fall please solve it and have some dot dot in my nose side.
My face is getting quite dull and black day by day please give me any suggestions regarding to it and my hands too getting black is their any solution?
Hi sir. My name Satish. I am 25 I need your suggestion. I have a problem I am suffering with block spots on my nose from 2 years. I consult some doctors they suggest some creams but still it is not gone. Thanks & regards Satish.
How to get rid of hyper pigmentation effectively
If you are having a difference in your skin tone or patches on your skin, you might be suffering from hyper pigmentation. In this article you will find all about hyper pigmentation, like (i) what hyper pigmentation is? (ii) what causes hyper pigmentation; and finally (iii) how to get rid of hyper pigmentation naturally.
Hyper pigmentation is not a serious medical condition, but it makes you look old. It's very disturbing and embarrassing when one has dark patches and uneven skin tone. Skin pigmentation can occur to anyone regardless of one's gender, race or age. It's not difficult to treat and get flawless skin.
What is hyper pigmentation?
Mostly there are two types of pigmentation abnormalities that can happen:
I) Hyper pigmentation: It's usually a harmless condition and described as darkening of certain areas of skin, which happens due to overproduction of melanin or pigment. It looks like brown or tan spots on the skin. This is also sometimes called as melasma.
(ii) hypo pigmentation: on the other hand hypo pigmentation is a condition when the melanin or pigmentation production is slowed down and patches of lighter skin or whiter in color appears.
Hyper pigmentation treatments
There are several treatments available, like over-the-counter creams, chemical peels, laser treatment, etc. For fast recovery. If your condition is serious, we suggest that you consult a dermatologist. It is also a good idea to visit a dermatologist before selecting any of the over-the-counter skin pigmentation remedies. However, for those who don't want to go for expensive, harsh or chemical loaded products, here are some natural remedies, which are quite effective and use only the natural ingredients available in the kitchen.
Home remedies to reduce skin pigmentation
1. Potato: potatoes are well known to remove skin pigmentation, dark spots and blemishes. Rub gently a freshly cut slice of potato on the affected areas of your skin every day. Alternatively, mix potato juice with fuller earth and apply this daily to remove pigmentation.
2. Lemon juice and honey: mix lemon juice and pure organic honey in equal proportions. Apply over the affected areas. Whereas lemon acts as natural bleach, the honey has moisturizing properties. However, as lemon is acidic so avoid this remedy in case you are having sensitive skin.
3. Aloe vera juice or aloe vera juice + vitamin e: aloe vera has natural soothing and healing properties. Squeeze out aloe vera gel from an aloe vera leaf and store this in a bottle in refrigerator. Apply this gel over the affected areas for 20 minutes. It works to slough off older skin cells and regenerate the newer ones. To enhance its effectiveness break one vitamin e capsule and add its contents to the gel.
4. Milk and honey: mix milk and honey. You may also add a little curd to this. Milk and curd have lactic acid which works to slough off the affected skin cells, leaving behind fresh skin. This natural remedy helps in reducing skin pigmentation.
5. Cucumber juice: cucumber juice is an effective home remedy in removing skin pigmentation, lightening dark spots and fading blemishes. Apply the cucumber juice alone or mix it with honey and lemon juice in equal proportions. Apply this over the affected areas, regularly once a day, for half an hour and then wash it off.
6. Orange peel: mix dry, powdered orange peel with cold milk (un-skimmed and un-boiled) and a little honey to make out a thick paste. Apply it gently over the pigmented skin and patches; let it sit there for half an hour then wash it off.
7. Tomato, oatmeal and yogurt: tomato acts as natural bleach. Yogurt also works as natural bleach and has skin tightening properties. Oatmeal works as a natural scrubber.
Squeeze out tomato juice and add 2 tsp. Of oatmeal and 1/2 tsp. Of yogurt. Apply this mixture gently on the pigmented skin areas and let it sit for 20 minutes to dry and then wash it off. This mixture works as an effective home remedy for removing skin pigmentation. Try this remedy daily to see the positive results.
My skin is going darker day by day. But my original skin tone is pure fair. But I'm getting darker. I am suffering from depression for this reason. Please give me some real effective suggestions doctor.
The chemical that gives human skin its color is called melanin, and the production of too much in one area leads to freckles, liver spots, and other patches of darker skin. These dark spots on your face, which are also called hyper-pigmentation. These can be caused by sun exposure, hormonal fluctuations, or as a side effect of certain drugs. It's not a serious medical condition, but if you have dark spots you're probably ready for brighter, clearer skin. Treating the underlying cause, using chemical peels and other treatments, and trying natural skin lightening methods are all ways you can deal with the problem.
Learn about the different types of dark spots.
Since dark spots can be caused by a number of different factors, learning about the different types will give you a head start when it comes to figuring out how to get rid of them. Here are the three different types of hyper pigmentation.
Lentigines. These are dark spots caused by exposure to UV rays from the sun. 90 percent of people over the age of 60 have them, but many much younger men and women have sun-related dark spots as well. The spots appear scattered in no particular pattern.
Melasma. This type of dark spots are caused by hormonal fluctuations. Women might see darker splotches appear on their cheeks during times when their hormones are in flux, like during pregnancy or menopause. It's also a side effect of birth control pills and hormone therapy treatments. Melasma can also occur as a result of thyroid dysfunction .
Post-inflammatory hyper pigmentation (PIH). These are dark spots that occur as a result of trauma to the skin, which can be caused by psoriasis, burns, acne, and certain skin care treatments that are hard on the skin.