Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vivek KhannaYour feedback matters!
Can stretched open pores are possible to treat completely if I consult dermatologist and take treatment.
I am 23 year female and I have skin problem. I am taking injection of hydrocoat and avil. And tablets agree. Doctors said its urticaria please suggest me anything else I can do. Please reply as soon as possible.
Skin of my feet is very dry. There are cuts on the heel and front of feet. Kindly tell me how to repair cracking. I am male 34. Ht 5.11. Do also mention any ointment and reason of cracks.
I have got rashes on my hand very seviourly and I am getting itching so what to do with this problem which type of ointments should I use to control this problem please answer me.
I have a very severe tan in my forehead and my skin has also turned a very black. Please suggest what to do to remove the tan.
I am 26 year old. And I can't sleep well. And due to lack of sleep mab b I am having many problems such as. Dark circles. Lack of concentration. Hair fall. In digestion. And dry skin. Please suggest me. What will I do?
Hi mam my name is Ankur I was used skin light cream last 1 year My skin become red and acne dark spots This time m using elovera cream till 10. Days Is elovera cream good or not Please mam tell me wht I do?
I was treated for severe tan/darkness on my arms by alopathic doctors. Very little tanning was removed. Please advise.
Dear sir vitamin C is the best vitamin for increase the white beauty of face skin for boys please sir tell me which type of vitamin use and cream increase white beauty of face skin . Dear sir I can take Vitamin C capsule is best increase the white beauty of face skin tell me.
Different techniques for Anti-aging treatment
Hi I am Dr. Abhay Talathi, practicing skin care specialist and cosmetologist at skin space clinic, Goregaon Mumbai. Today I am going to enlighten you all on some anti ageing treatment. Looking young and attractive is always desired. Recent advances in medical technology have helped us with many procedures which can help you all to knock out the years from your face. Anti ageing treatment can be categorized into two categories -
1. In which we work on the surface of the skin so as to improve the dull, tired appearance of the skin and improve the tone and texture of the skin.
2. In which we are using certain procedures and injections to release the wrinkles of the face, improve the structure of your face and reduce the age related folds on the skin.
Let us see these categories one by one. So if you want to improve the surface of the skin we can utilize chemical peels, microdermabrasions, or we can use some laser devices. And when we want to improve the age related folds and structures of the face we can use Botulinum Protein injections, dermal fillers and radio frequency devices.
Chemical peeling is very simple, safe and very effective procedure performed in medical clinics. Fruit acids are used by the medical practitioners to bring out better looking skin, reduce the dullness, improve the fine lines and also to reduce the pigmentation. Usually this procedure takes about 15 to 20 minutes, and 4 to 6 sessions are required probably within 2 to 3 months of the treatment span. With every treatment you get results but if you complete the sessions results are more recorded.
Microdermabrasion is a machine based exfoliation treatment in which dull and dead skin is exfoliated with the help of aluminum oxide crystals. So with the help of these crystals the skin is sanded against the vacuum through the machine, it results in smoothening of the skin and also resurfacing. This procedure can be performed on all skin types for instant glow.
Let's talk about lasers now. Lasers are energy based systems which are used to stimulate collagen which will result in the reduction of fine line and also in tightening of your skin. Usually 4 to 6 sessions of lasers are required which are employed in a gap of 2 to 3 weeks in between the two sessions. Laser procedures are completely painless. A treatment would last for about 15 to 20 minutes. Usually 4 to 6 sessions of laser treatment are required with a gap of 2 to 3 weeks in between the treatment so as to produce long lasting results.
Coming to the treatments which are going to improve the wrinkles and the folds of ageing.
Botulinum Protein injections are probably the most famous anti ageing treatment in the world. These are simple injections which are strategically placed in the muscles of the face so as to relax them temporarily resulting in the reduction of the wrinkles, particularly the wrinkles on the forehead, area, around the eyes are effectively treated . It’s a simple lunchtime procedure which can be performed within 15/20 minutes. Result will be seen within 2 to 14 days.
Yet another fascinating treatment in anti ageing segment is the use of dermal fillers. Dermal fillers are ready syringes containing hyaluronic gel which is a natural sugar molecule present in everyone's body and skin but is reduced because of the ageing process. The syringes are injected into the various areas of the face so as to reduce the age related folds around the nose, around the mouth, to volumize certain areas like cheeks, reshape the chin and the nose as well. The best part of dermal fillers is they produce instantaneous result immediately after injecting and are very comfortable in most of the individuals.
In case, some of the clients are not willing to take injections and for them we can use radiofrequency tightening devices to reduce the folds and also to tighten the skin. The radio frequency device utilized at skin space. It is US FDA approved technology. The procedure just feels like a warm massage over the face and the neck area and does not cause any pain. Usually a session takes about 30 to 45 minutes and 4 to 6 sessions are performed at varying intervals based on your skin quality and the ageing process affecting your face. With ease of availability of all these procedures it is possible for everyone to look young and attractive.
If you want to know more about anti-ageing procedures you can contact me through Lybrate.com or visit me personally at skin space clinic. Thank You.
All of us desire to possess a healthy and glowing skin but factors like unhealthy lifestyle practices, inadequate sleep, extreme stress, anxiety and poor dietary choices tend to damage the health of your skin, giving it a dull and tired appearance.
The following are some tips that will enable you to revitalize your skin:
- Quit smoking and alcohol intake: Smoking reduces blood circulation to the interior of your skin layers, which makes your skin look dull and tired. Alcohol tends to reduce blood circulation, nutrients and quantity of oxygen supply to your skin. Hence, it is essential to limit the usage of both alcohol and tobacco.
- Drink lots water: Water is essential for the smooth functioning of your system. It is extremely important to hydrate your cells, to enable effective elimination of toxins from your system. An adequately hydrated body will add a healthy glow to your skin as well.
- Eat a balanced diet: A diet that is rich in carbohydrates and fats tend to cause more wrinkles. Green leafy vegetables and fresh seasonal fruits have antioxidants and essential vitamins, while food like fish, tofu, white meat, beans, lentils are rich in protein, all of which tend to make your skin appear younger. A balanced diet that incorporates essential nutrients is good for your skin cells and its rejuvenation. Eat mixed nuts to increase the elasticity of your skin; most nuts contain fatty acids that enable your skin to repair and rejuvenate itself.
- Use sunscreen: Almost ninety percent of the wrinkles occur due to extreme sun exposure. It is advisable to use effective sunscreen and sun protection techniques to prevent sun damage. It not only protects your skin from harmful UV rays of the sun but also protects it from sun burn and sun tans.
- Remove your make up prior to sleep: When you go to bed without removing your make-up, the accumulated dirt and sweat tend to clog your skin pores. It is extremely necessary to remove your make up prior to sleep to lessen the risk of pimple and formation of rash on skin.
- Go to bed early: Inadequate sleep tends to lower your blood circulation, which is responsible for making you look washed out and pale. Proper sleep not only gives your body the required rest but also enables your skin to rejuvenate itself through involuntary renewal process. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
What are the remedies and methods to have a clear skin without acne and blackheads and whiteheads. I have a oily t zone on the skin and the rest of it is dry. What should I do to prevent the acne and other skin problems.
I have a pigmented area on upper lip its gets darkened when I consume septran medicine or too many medicines. This is from 5-6years I dont know what is it? Pls help.
2 saal pehle mere skin color bhut fair tha ab 2 saal se skin me na glow hai na color saaf please suggest some medicines or methods for skin fairer and glower?
I am a ca rectum patient. I am quite often suffering from stomach ailment viz. Acidity, constipation, loose motion and diarrhea etc. I was operated on 2009 30th january at aiims Delhi. I have a fixed stoma at left side. It occurred from fistula. I am using colostomy bag reusable with belt. It is very difficult to maintain. My spouse use to tell me that you are a patient. I have completely lost my biological need. I do not know how to revive? My spouse very much annoyed about this issue. Kindly help me aforesaid both the issues. Beside these the other problem is colostomy bag maintaining often it use to leak. I could not sleep properly as I have the tension it may leak and wet my cloth. With regards, P. Basu.
It is perhaps impossible to find a woman who doesn’t imagine her face without the freckles when she looks into the mirror. Though they may be called 'kisses from the sun', every woman would love to kiss those freckles goodbye. With many advances in cosmetic procedures, the good news is that you can completely get rid of your freckles and say hello to a perfect face. Read on to know more about what freckles are and how they can be managed.
What are they?
The skin contains a pigment called melanin which is responsible for the skin color. So, higher the melanin concentration, darker will be the complexion. In some people, however, based on genetic background, there can be areas of concentrated melanin deposits which become visible in an unbecoming manner, especially in fair complexioned people. These deposits are known as freckles or ephelis, which appear as light brown or flat black spots. The freckle formation is aggravated by exposure to sun, especially before the age of 18, and can be dormant during winter months. Exposure to UV-B light in particular has shown to increase melanin formation, making the freckles more prominent and darker. Though found usually on the face, areas like the neck, shoulder, and hands can also be affected – completely depending on sun exposure.
How to get rid of them?
Treatment is a two-pronged approach for freckles that is prevention and treatment. As mentioned above, freckles have a direct correlation to sun exposure. Avoiding sun and using maximum sun protection is the best way to avoid freckles, if you have a genetic predisposition. Avoid going out in the sun without using sun protection. A good sunscreen lotion with an SPF of at least 20, a wide-brimmed hat, a scarf, sunglasses are all essential when you head outside.
If the damage is already done, then laser treatments are a great way to deal with freckles. Here is how it works:
- After thoroughly cleansing the face, the eyes are covered and a thin layer of cooling gel is applied on the face.
- The face is cooled by using a cooling device. A laser light is then applied in a series of short pulses on specific areas of skin where freckles are concentrated.
- The melanin deposits in the freckles then break down without affecting the surrounding area.
- A post-treatment laser cream and sunblock is then applied, and the entire procedure does not take more than 45 minutes.
The success rate of treating freckles with laser is quite high, leading to a freckle free face within a few months. Multiple sessions may be required depending on the age of the freckles, the size, the type and the color. Darker freckles will require more intense therapy naturally. In most people, 4 to 5 sessions with break of 3 to 4 weeks in between are generally required. Talk to your dermatologist today to find out if your freckles can be vanquished using this magical beam of light.