Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vivek DaveYour feedback matters!
I have a bad tooth ache towards the end of my jaw. It seems it is wisdom tooth but how do I confirm and make sure it is not infection?
My kid is 8 months old, he got mouth ulcer past 3 days. His tongue turned white colour and not able to suck milk also from feeding bottle. Please suggest medicines for it and dosage to use.
I have been suffering from severe pain due to the wounds in mouth. Solve my problem as soon as possible.
I'm 29 years old. For last one year i'm suffering from teeth sensitivity. I want to ask that how to get rid from teeth sensitivity and how to restore lost enamel in teeth. Than you.
From last 12 years by playing cricket, I have one teeth half broken and almost it is dead I mean it completely became black color but I am not having any kind of pain. I want to replace this with a new one with permanent fixed way, I don't want to remove and fix every day, week or month. Kindly suggest me what I need to do for good treatment and also what it will be for this treatment. Thank you,
Is scaling safe? A medical student said that, the things which form at the base of our teeth are actually, stuff which has dissolved our teeth and removing them will get my enamel thinner and one day, the front teeth will break off. Have gingivitis for which dentist said scaling would solve the problem (like it did last year. So does it really make out teeth thinner when the stones and the bacterial deposits are removed?
I had wisdom tooth extract before 2 year but still having numbness and sensation in lower lip and chin area have took neurobion forte tablet and had vitcofol injection too but still having same problem its irritating can anyone help to cure.
I brush my teeth twice a day but I have noticed that my teeth colour has become yellow which was not the case earlier. What should I do?
For most people, a visit to the dentist is not a routine affair, it is mandated by tooth pain or bleeding gums. Surveys have been conducted to understand this, and at least 50% of the people have a fear of dentists.
Listed below are some common reasons cited by people as to why they fear a dentist:
1. General Anxiety: Unlike a regular doctor's set-up, the dental office with its various equipment and materials can be quite intimidating for anybody. This is one of the main reasons most people fear going to a dentist. Whether it is the big X-ray equipment or the drills used on the teeth, the person walking into the clinic has a general fear.
2. Fear of embarrassment and negligence: As mentioned, most people go to the dentist when a symptom sets in. Visiting a dentist and opening the mouth reveals the negligence of the person in terms of oral health, and this is an embarrassment for most people.
3.Tooth removal: A decade or so ago, for most decayed tooth, removal would be the only problem. In such cases, especially if the tooth was grossly decayed, it would be removed, sometimes with use of multiple instruments and in small pieces. The recent advancements have reduced the instances of tooth removal, however, this is a major reason for people to fear a dentist.
4. Injection: The thought of having an injection in the mouth is another big no-no for most people. There could also be the possibility of having a bad experience with an earlier dentist, where there might have been more than a prick to get the anesthetic effect.
5. Fear of pain: In this major set-up, most people are not sure which instrument might be used on them and they fear that this can cause additional pain to the tooth that is already in pain.
6. Fear of getting bad news: The dentist will diagnose the problem and reveal bad news about the problem. This might involve not just complicated treatment but also can be quite expensive.
7. Connecting to a bad experience: In some cases, the person could have had a previous bad experience and this might prevent them from going to any other dentist. The bad memory always comes to the fore and prevents the person from going through another bad experience.
8. The use of drill: Whether or not the person in the clinic requires drilling, the mere sound of it puts off some people from visiting a dentist. Opening the mouth and getting a tooth drilled is one of the biggest fears for most people.
Walk into a dentist with none of these fears and you will be relieved of your dental and oral problems.
If you wish to discuss about any specific dental problem, you can consult a specilized dentist and ask a free question.