Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vivek Aggarwal
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vivek AggarwalYour feedback matters!
My age is 48 years and I have diabetes since 12 years and my foot often becomes very cold and it pains too. What is the reason behind it and what should I do for it. Please advice.
HelloTeam - I just got diagnosed Pre -diabetic, Will acupuncture therapy can help? I just consulted ayurveda Doctor, he suggested body cleansing initially and go for further treatment. I need a cheap and genuine programme to come out from my Diabetes issue.
How long walking is required for a type 2 diabetic. I am 53 years old type 2 diabetic. Can I have ice cream occasionally?
Whether feeling too much hunger after waking up I in the morning is a symptom of diabetes or it is natural because i'm thin?
I am suffering thyroid so using thyroxine 50 mcg and recently suffering from piles fissures then what should I do.
How to use apple cedar vinegar to reduce cholesterol n blood sugar. Should cinnamon powder be mixed.
My thyroid report is negative but still I am fat. Kindly suggest that what should I eat to overcome my belly fat. Oftenly I feel hunger after 2 hours. Please suggest me some food that does not increase the fat and satisfy my hunger. I give breast feed to my 1 year old child.
I am 47 years (Ravi Shankar) old male. My blood my blood sugars are <120 fasting and <172 mg/dl post meals, HBA1C is 7, Estimated average glucose 154 mg/dl. Presently I am not using any tablets or medicine. My mother and father is diabetic patients. Please suggest me medicine or treatment.
Obesity and diabetes usually go hand in hand and both of them have one common solution that is physical exercise. It is a known solution to obesity related problems and after fat loss, many people have stated reduction in health problems caused by it.
However diabetes, whether caused by obesity or not can also be kept in check by regular physical exercise. Let's see how it does so:
1. Keeps body insulin in check: Exercising regularly ensures that insulin levels within your body are kept in check. Insulin is what makes the blood sugar get absorbed into the muscles for energy in the form of glucose. Thus this reduces blood sugar levels within the body and keeps the levels within the body under control for patients who have higher blood sugar counts.
2. Exercising helps reduce depression and stress: Exercising is known to have a very positive effect mentally as endorphins are released after a workout. This makes you feel happier and better about yourself and reduces stress or depression. Both depression and stress are known to have triggered Diabetes related issues in the long run and exercising can definitely help keep them in check.
3. Exercise can actually correct insulin resistance: It is a myth that people who suffer from insulin resistance cant benefit from exercise and it helps regulate resistance. If you start exercising and working out, then the insulin resistance is checked and regulated where in the capacity of the body to absorb blood sugar in the form of glucose actually increases.
4. Reduces chances of heart problems caused by diabetes: Diabetes increases the chance of heart problems and also the blocking of arteries through arteriosclerosis. These blockages could result in a heart attack or other related problems and exercising can help reduce their possibilities as well.
5. Exercising also helps to keep your appetite in check: It is known that proper exercising works as a hunger killer and thus will help control your appetite. This is good in two ways:
a) A controlled appetite will help you lose weight, which may be a contributing factor to your diabetes
b) If you have non obesity related diabetes, then appetite suppression will help you eat better and stop you from eating foods or untimely snacks that may contribute to blood sugar issues.
However, it is prudent to visit your doctor and discuss how you can optimize your exercise routine to get the best results.