Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vival Talwar
Submit a review for Dr. Vival TalwarYour feedback matters!
Am eating small quantities of food 1ly. But its not been digestion. Whenever I take tea or coffee its hard to digest. What shall I do.
My age is 28 male I have been having digestion problems from childhood, when I was under homeopathy treatment my problem was very low unlike now gastric, mucus, loose motion sometime solid/liquid, I am allergic to allopathy please advice I live in kolkata.
Suppose if I am taking tapioca, potato, dal, etc. Any chance is there for acidity or what are the items forming acidity.
Acidity is an ailment that troubles most people regardless of the absence of any other medical condition. It causes discomfort in the chest region along with heart burn and indigestion. If you are distressed with acidity, you may consider undergoing ayurvedic treatment which would help in alleviating the problem to a great extent-
1. Tulsi leaves:
- Tulsi leaves help in stimulating the stomach for production of more mucus and are also rich in anti-ulcer properties which cause a significant reduction in the effects of gastric acid.
- It is recommended to chew 5 to 6 clean Tulsi leaves when you have acidity to soothe the stomach.
- The potassium content in ripe bananas helps in eliminating sudden bouts of acidity.
- Bananas also aid in relieving constipation problems and cause healthy bowel movement.
3. Cumin seeds:
- Cumin seeds which are commonly used in cooking dishes have anti-inflammatory properties that aid in soothing the digestive tract.
- These stimulate saliva production, boost metabolism and relieve the problem of bloating along with other discomforts caused by gastric troubles.
- You may chew a few cumin seeds when troubled with acidity or boil them in water and drink the solution.
4. Cold milk:
- The richness of calcium in milk aids in reducing acid problems and absorbing the acid which has already been produced.
- It helps in providing instant relief from the burning sensation owing to its coldness.
- But it is important to drink it plain without any additives like sugar.
- Cloves are known for their calmative properties which help to improve the process of peristalsis by which food moves down the stomach.
- When you put a clove in your mouth, just bite it once to help in releasing the extracts which would reach your digestive tract and immediately lower down the acid reflux.
- If you do not find raw ginger to be very pungent, you can keep a candied ginger slice in your mouth for instant relief from acidity.
- If you feel that you wouldn’t be able to chew raw ginger, you can boil it in water and drink it after it cools down.
- Ginger can be also eaten with a small piece of jaggery to help the juice reach the stomach and alleviate the acidity.
7. Mint leaves:
- Commonly referred to as ‘pudina’, mint leaves are known for lowering the acid content and improve digestion.
- If you feel that an acid attack is imminent, you can chop down a few mint leaves and boil it in water and drink the solution for eliminating bloating problems.
These few Ayurvedic remedies can help in soothing acidity along with its other symptoms.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Caraway seeds also known as Shahjeera or Siya jeera is widely used for flavouring bread, biscuits, cakes and cheese. Other than a great spice, caraway seeds can do wonders to your health.
Here are a few health benefits of Shahjeera:
Caraway seeds are
# Used as remedies for bronchitis and cough.
# Soothe the digestive tract and relieve colic, cramps, bloating and flatulence.
# The powder of the seeds also helps heal bruises.
# Improves appetite and is helpful in treating earache.
# Counters heart irregularity caused by excess digestive gas.
# Eases menstrual cramps.
# Increases breast-milk production in nursing mothers.
# The diluted essential oil is a useful remedy for scabies.
# Its astringency helps in treating of diarrhea and is used as a gargle for laryngitis.