Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Vival TalwarYour feedback matters!
My daughter is of age 8.5 yrs, but her body weight is only 20 kg. She most of the time complained about lower abdomen pain and don't eat chapati. I consult with 2 or 3 dr they have suggested for ultrasound. In which some infection was coming. On basis of that they suggested some medicine. But still my daughters do not eat meals. She only take rice with aur cereals and sabji. But don't eat chapaties. Kindly suggest what i need to do? Thanks in advance!
I am 47 year old lady. Suffering from chronic anal fisseure since last 10 years. I am getting unbearable pain during defication.Iam afride of surgery,Is it possible to cure this permenently with homeopath medicine ?
Continuous dull pain on the right lower side and front side. USG shows left uteric stone 5.5 mm about 2.5 cm from U bladder junction: left ureter 1cm approx back flow. Simple cyst 1.1X 1.2 cm in the right kidney. Both kidneys, pancreas, gall bladder and liver normal. Prostratate size normal. Bladder normal. Xray revealed : Oestopania noted. Early OA changes of facet joints seen.
Soreness or swelling that occurs on the inner lining of the stomach is commonly referred to as Gastritis. The main characteristics of this condition include severe stomach pain, constipation, blood in the stool and diarrhoea. The development of gastritis can also cause stomach ulcers. There are many reasons why gastritis or functional abnormality of the stomach is caused, and the main causes include:
- Food poisoning
- Consumption of alcohol, fried foods and caffeine
- Intake of steroids and drugs
- Allergy to certain foods
- Physical stress due to flu or some surgery
- Unbalanced and stressful lifestyle
Symptoms of Gastritis
The main symptoms that occur due to gastritis include discomfort and burning sensation, pain in the stomach, vomiting, poor digestion, dyspepsia, acidity and headache. Some people even experience a feeling of fullness in the upper abdomen after eating food. If any of these conditions last longer than a week, it is advisable to visit a doctor to determine the cause.
- It is very necessary to adopt a healthy lifestyle and eating small and frequent meals is always better than eating large three meals in a day.
- It is always better to avoid foods that irritate your stomach and hence it is best to avoid fried, acidic and spicy foods.
- One of the major reasons behind the occurrence of gastritis is stress. It is necessary that we be trained to cope with this condition and perform relaxing activities that would calm our body and mind like yoga and meditation.
Treatment for Gastritis
It is always better to intake foods like cheese, cereal, baked potatoes, soup and chicken instead of carbonated beverages and painkillers to eliminate this condition. Aloe Vera juice can also be consumed as it is good for treating gastritis problem, and it is very important at first to start with a small amount of the juice. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Hi doc. Actualy mujhe digestion problem hai bhot zyada. Mai kuCch bhi khata hu ya pani bhi peeta hu vo meri chest pe aake hi irritate krne lgta hai yani comfortably digest nhi hota. Picchle 1 year se mai bhot pareshan hu. Mujhe kis chiz ka test karvana chaiye? please tell asap.
I am 56 years old, recently I had gone through colonoscopy as I had stomach pain and gone through USG and finds gaul stone. Side by side doctor advice to go for colonoscopy and the result of colonoscopy is: ILEUM - MULTIPLE DEEP LONGITUDINAL ULCERS WITH EXTENSIVE MUCOSAL NODULARITY AND MILD NARROWING IN TERMINAL ILEUM - SEEN UPTO 15CM. What is meant for and what is the treatment ?
I am going through acute gastric problems lately, I am on insulin Humalog 28 ml in the morning and 26 in the evening with Jalra M 50/1000 with lunch and Glycomet 1gm with dinner. There is lot of fluctuation in sugar level during day time and when I am little late for meal, the gas spreads all over my body and I feel anxious and nervousness. I also take Telma 20 for BP and Pentab 40 in the morning for gas but I do not know what causes this depression type of thing. I am diabetic for at least 8 years. I am 47 yrs old. Does humalog cause so much of gas?
I constantly being faced with bloating excessively after almost every meals, This started Couple of years ago after being on Antibiotic/Pain Killer for 2 weeks, Now the Situation is miserable. What is the best possible steps to recovery. GI test reveal Gastritis. Life quality is impacted -AP.
Gastritis is a very common health issue and is faced by all all age groups. There are many factors that lead to gastritis or compound the already existing situation. Basically, gastritis is swelling of stomach lining. Spicy food, medicines, tobacco, alcohol etc. can cause or increase the gastric acid production and disturb, weaken or damage the normal stomach lining.
Gastritis is of two types:
- Acute gastritis, which occurs suddenly
- Chronic gastritis, which develops over a period of time
In India, gastritis is a very common disorder which occurs at any age but is more widespread in the adolescent age group (12-17 years).
Gastritis occurs when there is an imbalance between the acid production and damage to the stomach lining, resulting in swelling of the stomach lining. However, sometimes gastritis can cause pain in the upper part of the abdomen and may lead to stomach ulcers.
Symptoms of gastritis vary among individuals, and in many people there are even no symptoms. It also depends on the duration of disease, whether it is acute (happening suddenly) or chronic (causing symptoms over a long period of time).
The most common symptoms of acute gastritis include:
- Water brashes (sour fluid or tasteless saliva into the mouth)
- Belching (expelling air from the stomach through the mouth)
- Abdominal bloating or stomach fullness
- Upper abdominal pain or discomfort
- Nausea/feeling of vomiting
- Irregular bowel movement
- Recurrent indigestion
Simple natural ways to treat gastritis:
- Taking half a gram of long pepper powder with honey is an effective way to curb gastritis. It is advisable to take this mixture twice a day.
- Triphla powder is a very good Ayurvedic remedy to treat gastritis. Boil one tablespoon of Triphla powder in one glass of water, reduce it to half its content and then filter it. Consume it hot after dinner.Fennel seeds also very efficiently deals with the condition of gastritis. It is advisable to chew half a teaspoon of fennel seeds after food to keep gastritis at bay.
- Readily available lemon also helps relieve feeling of nausea and bloating. Having lemon juice subsides vomiting sensation and bloating.
- Triphla powder is a very good Ayurvedic remedy to treat gastritis. Boil one tablespoon of Triphla powder in one glass of water, reduce it to half its content and then filter it. Consume it hot 20 minutes after dinner. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.