Lybrate.com has top trusted Physiotherapists from across India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Vishal VashisthYour feedback matters!
I am 65, suffer from diabetes and high bp. Fs is 168 pp is 210. I take triopil 2 and covance 25 daily. For last 5 day I have pain in both arms and my head is very heavy when I get up in the morning. What should I do?
Back pain is a common source of pain, which can be acute, subacute or chronic in nature. Back pain is classified along the segments of the spine and can be divided into neck pain. middle back pain, lower-back pain or tailbone pain.
Lower back pain is a type of back pain, which affects the lower back portion of the body. It may occur from arthritis or due to sudden jerking during movement. Lower-back pain may cause serious discomfort and aching and may disable a person from moving about. It should be treated and cared for properly.
Here are several treatments and care procedures for lower-back pain:
- Take some rest: Most people who get lower-back pain get obsessed with it and end up getting MRI scans, x-rays done and take injections without recognizing the intensity of the pain. It is advised not to rush into the matter. A simple way to cure the pain is by resting. 90% of lower back pains resolve by themselves in 6 weeks and so you must give your back a break instead of taking medical action and give your back some to heal.
- Pills: Sometimes, a lower back pain can suddenly become severe. In this case, you should intake anti-inflammatory pills such as ibuprofen or naproxen. These pills will help you ease the pain. However, you should not take them for more than ten days at a stretch as continuous pill consumption can cause side effects.
- Hot & cold compress: Apply a bag of frozen peas or an ice pack to the affected area in your lower back for 48 hours after the pain appears. Every session should be about of 20 minutes and you should take several sessions each day. After two days, repeat the same procedure using a heat pad. The cooling procedure shuts down your blood capillaries, reducing the flow of blood to the affected area. The swelling is then eased. The heating, on the other hand, loosens tight muscles and helps to increase blood circulation.
- Replace your mattress: People who sleep on firm mattresses and cushions on their beds are at a higher risk of experiencing lower-back pain. If you sleep on a medium-firm mattress, your chances of getting lower-back pain are less. In case your mattress is sagging or is very old, you should replace it.
- Acupuncture: When your lower-back pain is very severe, you can take acupuncture injections, which provide efficient pain relief. The injections change the way your nerves react and inflammation gets reduced.
Lower-back pain is likely to cause great discomfort and trouble. You will be unable to carry out your daily chores because of the pain. Therefore, proper treatment and care are required for lower-back pain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.
I am 46 years old, suffering from knee pain some times unable control this. Please help me to over come.
Hello sir my name is savitri I am 38 year old married woman I have back pain problem last one months what should I do please tell me doctor.
Hi i' am 22 male. I have a calf muscles problem. I dont know how to describe properly I cant say its pain but a feeling of uncomfortable and numbness I guess. Well I usually dont feel it when I am walking but it starts the uncomfortable feeling when ever I lay or try to take rest. And not only that it get worse after sleep. So what could be the reason I went to doctor and asked about it but he didnt took it seriously. He told me that the reason could probably because I dont do exercise. Yes I usually sleep all the time. Thank you
I'm 19 years old and I have frequent backache. Five years ago I was diagnosed with kidney stones so is it the cause of backaches again?
I am suffering digestion problem for more than a year, due to this am suffering from liver and back pain problem also. Plzz consult me.
My aunt is feeling with Joint n muscle pain. Knee shoulder pain feeling exhausted n unconsciousness .chest pain. Heart beat is fast.
I'm suffering from left side leg pain after having architol 6 lakh unit injection 1 day onwards please suggest medicine.
I feel uneasiness in right ankle (foot) with 3 month. If I walk too much then I feel pain at night what should I do. There is no swelling in leg. I feel little motion less in that area. Please suggest me.
I am suffering from headache back ache and stomach ache from last 4 weeks. Some time my legs also crunches. I do not feel like eating. And also feel very low. Do not like to work also to whom shall I consult.
Please suggest any foods or diet to build up cartilage of knees in my 45 year old diabetic mom who has knee pain severely from three years?
I had some pain and tingling sensation in my right hand from around 2 years mostly in morning and in winter season but now it has also started in my right leg. I am unable to do anything in the morning. What should I do for this?
Your hip plays a very crucial role in the proper functioning of your body. It bears the weight of the entire upper body and also supports your back to maintain balance. The hip joint is a ball and socket joint that connects the pelvic region to the thighs. Some sort of injury on the hip joint/bones or a disease can cause pain in the hips. Also, women are more likely to suffer pain in the hips than men.
Here are some common causative factors of hip pain in women:
1. Arthritis - One of the most common causes of hip pain in women is Arthritis. As women grow older, the risk of suffering from arthritis increases. The ball and socket joint of the hip gradually degenerates with age. This wear and tear of the joint causes swelling and stiffness which results in pain.
2. Obesity - Excessive body weight results in excessive pressure on the hip joint. Due to the development of excessive pressure on the joint, an obese/overweight woman may experience pain on the hip joint.
3. Osteoporosis - Mostly found in older women, osteoporosis is a condition in which the density of the bones reduces. As a result of which, the hip joint becomes weak and is unable to withstand the weight of the entire upper body and gives rise to extreme pain.
4. Bursitis - A sac-like structure cushioning the muscles and bones around the hip joints, filled with some sort of fluid is known as bursae. The inflammation of bursae is a condition called bursitis, which results in extreme pain in the hip joint.
5. Gynecological issues - Pregnancy leads to excessive pressure on the hip joint due to weight gain and growth of the lining of the uterus, resulting in pelvic tenderness. Both of these factors induce a feeling of pain in the hip joint in a pregnant woman. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pain Management Specialist.