Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Bedwetting Treatment & Management
Treatment of Polio
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Treatment of Cerebral Palsy
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Sids
Treatment of Cough in Children
Treatment of Asthma in Children
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Treatment of Birth Defects
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Dihydrofolate Reductase Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Vishal SoniYour feedback matters!
My baby who is 3 months old keeps crying even when she is not hungry or for no reason. continuous crying for so long without any reason. Please suggest the possible reason and do we have any solution for the same. How long this crying activity last.
My baby was 4 years old Has cold for last 3 months regularly. Its symptoms is like starting running nose then, blocked nose, then snoring, then getting heavy cough while sleeping, then chest cold, then get like cure. But not cure, again it will be start from running nose, blocked nose, snoring, cough etc. Its happening last 3 months randomly. We taken Levocitrize, asthalin, levolin (as per doctor advice) etc. Etc. But still not cure. Please advice what we can do? Thanks.
Thick walled cyst noted in left adnexa approx 2.4*2.1 cm I am pregnant with 13 week 6 days. I want to understand what is this? What I have to do now how will it cure? Is there is any problem or is this will effect my baby too. Please reply.
Hi, I have a grandson of 2 months old, it looks that he is having constipation, cries a lot while passing motion, can I give him BONNISAN. Please advise.
My baby boy is three months old. I am feeding him with dexolac as I can not produce milk. Is feeding with dexolac alone enough or do I need to supplement that with any syrup for healthy growth as he is missing my breast milk.
Hi, my son is 7 weeks and 6 days old, he born at 35th week with no medical condition and weight is 2 kgs, from 3 to 4th week onwards he is pooping every half an hour to one hour a very little amount, otherwise pooping 3 to 4 times a day (some good amount, my concern is pooping every half an hour? Is it normal? What causes it? When will he becomes normal?
Hi, my 5&1/2 month old one has not done poo since last 8 days and is irritated since last two days. I have given him colic aid but looks like of no help. His stomach looks tight. As per my Pediatrics advise I started giving him boiled mashed fruit since last 15 days once daily. Please advise as what needs to be done. Thanks!
My 4 yr old son is always complaining of stomach pain or aches, have done a scan of his abdominal and chest area and the doctors said its nothing and that its common amongst children his age. Is there any additional information or advice I need on the matter. thanks.
My 7 month girl is getting fever every 5-6 hours. She is on paracetamol from 3 days. Also she is getting teeth. Does she need antibiotics?
Sir my sister daughter 12 year old. repeatedly coming typhoid fever for 3 months or 6 months and sometimes few weeks. So how to test and treatment recover life long the baby Please reply sir.
Dear sir my son age 5 years suffering from nephrotic syndrom from last 2. 5 year what is actual complete treatment ?
What type drink should be given to a child of 14months for hot summer season. Bcoz many times when she was fed some food she was bomiting. Feeling pain to left her waste.
Anxiety is a common issue with growing teenagers. It is not the typical anxiety before exams or academic projects. It is more than that. Anxiety may be the result of the hormonal changes, which predominantly affect the adolescent years of growth. While your body copes with different changes, your mind tangles between the future liberty and present restrictions. Knowing certain facts about this anxiety trail can help you to cope with it.
1. Anxiety is not always a disease: Anxiety is not always a disease. It is a normal phenomenon among adolescent teenagers. However, in certain cases it may be severe for some teenagers. They may feel crippled with anxiety. Under such cases, one would require psychiatric help.
2. Talk to someone: A great way to relieve yourself from stress due to anxiety is to speak with someone. It can be a friend or someone close to share your thoughts. If you know the reason of your anxiety, share it, discuss it. You will definitely feel better.
3. Take a break: Entertainment and break from academic work and schedule is necessary for teenagers to lower anxiety traits. However, if the anxiety is due to peers, you may even take a break from them and engage in family.
4. Cry out loud: It is not a silly thing to cry when you are stressed under anxiety. Crying is an emotional outburst which essentially relieves the stress due to anxiety and lets you control the emotional disturbed state of mind.
5. Good sleep: Sleep is necessary for both mental and physical rest. You need to overcome from the fatigue of routine works, stressful events, peer factor, etc. Catching the essential 8 hour sleep is a great way to overcome anxiety issues.
6. Don’t be conscious: Anxiety is a common factor among all your peers. You are not the only one coping with anxiety stress. So, take it light. Relax and don’t be conscious about your anxiety problems. Consider them to be temporary.
7. Be confident: Losing confidence under the stress due to anxiety can be even more disastrous. The effects will never be better. So be confident about whatever you do, whether right or wrong. Every person learns from his own activities. Whether right or wrong, everything will give you a lesson. So you will never be a loser, you will win a lesson.
8. Don’t feel stupid: Being stressed with anxiety is not abnormal or stupid. Everything is okay with you, and you are not the stupid fellow out there.
9. You are not weak: Anxiety is not a sign of weakness. You can rather make it your strength. Fight it back and keep your energy and enthusiasm high.
10. Anxiety is temporary: As you move ahead of the adolescent period, anxiety will faint. You will be more confident and matured, able to tackle anxiety. So consider it to be an affair of a few years. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.
My child of 6 years is not putting on weight for the last 3 years or so. His appetite is ok but suffers from allergy and respiratory problems from time to time . He is active however but will like him to add some kilos .
Basic information given above is of my baby girl. She is of one and half month age. My question is whether to provide water for my baby during this hot summer or not? Is it necessary to give gripe water?
My baby is 10 months old. As I am a working lady, he was fed formula milk along with breast milk since birth. He started eating when he became 6 months old. Now he is on food and breast milk, formula milk is totally discontinued. Can I give him cow's milk now?
If your child has become increasingly addicted to sweets and other sugary items, this addiction can lead to certain behavioral problems (like mood swings, irritability, anger, etc) in children. Moreover, a high sugar intake can lead to your child falling prey to serious diseases and conditions, including diabetes, obesity and cardiovascular diseases.
Here's what you can do to break your child's indulgent habits and wean him from ill-health causing culprits like cakes, ice creams, candies, chocolates and rich and creamy desserts etc.
1. Practice what you preach -
In order to develop healthy eating habits in your child, it is imperative for you as a parent to lead by example. When it comes to weaning your child from sugary foods and sweets, you yourself should limit your intake. So, if you tell your child to avoid sweets but love sweets yourself, you'd be setting a bad example by eating them yourself and not letting your child have them. The best thing to do is to be a role model to your child as children learn everything from their parents.
2. Curb consumption of sugar by deferring intake to a later date -
Instead of depriving your child completely, it would prove to be more useful to tell them that they could have sweets on some other day. This is because if you deny him his indulgence, your child would invariably go on an eating spree the moment an opportunity arises. A study on a group of restrained eaters and non-diet individuals revealed that restrained eaters were found to consume more food than the non-dieting individuals. Not knowing when they could have their favourite foods again, they went on an eating spree.
Make frequent yet small offerings of sweets while explaining to him the importance of moderation and why he/she shouldn't overindulge but space out sugar intake.
3. Try the 90/10 rule -
Teaching older children the 90/10 principle is another sure-shot way of breaking your child?'s addiction to sweets. The rule calls for 90% of the diet to be made up of healthy food with the remaining 10% being devoted to foods your child wants to indulge in such as junk food, sweets or foods with high sugar content. The total calorie intake that arises from consumption of about 10% or 1-2 fun foods is only about 100-200 calories everyday.
4. Present your child with healthy alternatives to sugary items -
The next time your child wants to indulge in his sugar craving, instead of giving a processed sugary food, give healthier sweet foods like dates, honey or a fresh sweet fruit.