Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Vishal GroverYour feedback matters!
My father suffered from brain stroke 2 weeks back. In that his vision has deteriorated, sometimes he can see and sometimes not. N frequently he gets very painful headache . Y is it? N he is been suggested for carotid doppler test, why this test has to be carried out?
10 surprising facts about your eyes
You never tend to pay a lot of attention to your eyes unless they are affected by some serious disorder or unless your vision is disrupted. But did you know that your eyes are capable of doing much more than you can imagine? here are 10 surprising facts about your eyes you didn't know about.
1. How intricate!
Your eyes take more than 2 million working parts to function. No wonder your eyes are the second most complex organ of your body after your brain.
2. A lot depends on them
As much as 80% of your memories are determined by what you see. Also, 80% of what you learn is because of your eyes.
3. Retina and security
The iris of your eyes has approximately 256 unique characteristics, which is more than even your fingerprints. This is the reason why retina scans are used so widely today for security purposes.
4. It's a colourful world
Your eyes can distinguish between approximately 10 million different colours. And women with a particular kind of genetic mutation can see millions of more colours.
The retina of your eyes receives the vision of the outside world as upside down. It is your brain, which flips the image for you so that you can see the world as it is.
6. Sunscreen for the eyes?
It is possible for your eyes to get sunburnt. Therefore, it is advisable for you to wear sunglasses in order to protect your eyes from the ultraviolet radiations.
The eye muscle is the muscle that reacts at the fastest rate out of all the other muscles in your body. It can contract in less than even 1/100th of a second.
8. Paint it red?
The retina of your eyes cannot detect the red colour. The retinas do have green, red and blue receptors, but the red receptor can detect only the colour yellow-green and the green one can recognise blue-green. It is your brain that combines these signals to give you the impression of the colour red.
9. Dreams and sight
Even if you become blind later in life, you can see images in your dreams if you were born with sight.
10. We are blink-eyed peas
You blink approximately 17 times every minute. That makes it 5.2 million times in a year.
I have a red eyes since a month and when I take bath it seem to be red and my legs are paining a lot and my head is also sometime pain so consult me what should I do.
I have red eyes for over 3 days what should I do? And I have very pain in my eyes so please give me best suggestion.
I am 40 years old female. 15-20 days back, I got a lump in my eye lid thought it was a stye. Then I showed it to the eye doctor and he said it is a chalazion. And I need a surgery. It is not that big and has no pain. But my eyes are little red. I didn't use the medicine he gave me as the eye drops irritated my eyes. I started using hot compressions, wash eye lid with baby shampoo and light massage downwards which has brought some changes in the cyst. I am very depressed because of the surgery thing. Pls help.
Eye problem. White particles like dandruff ruined my eyes. Causes weakness and continous flow of tears.
I have a problem of low eye sight in sunlight. What kind of problem is this? Can you explain it? Is it possible to cure this problem? What kind of disease is this? Is it some kind of allergy?
Hello doctor. I need your help. This is an emergency. My eye sight is not so clear now a days. I went to a doctor and checked ma eyes and she prescribed me to use spectacles. Now its been just 1 week that I'm using ma spectacle. When I use them for long. My eyes will get hurt. Its like my eyes is falling off. I said these things to my doctor and she said this is common. I don't know what to do. My eyes r paining when I use the glasses. What shall I do. Should I stop using glasses or try some other way of treatment. Waiting for you reply. .
My brother is 20 years old. From childhood his eyesight is low. Nd no is increasing. Now his specs no is 5-6 Please suggest some natural way or some food, fruits which can help to remove his specs as soon as possible.
An eye allergy or allergic conjunctivitis is a condition that strikes when certain substances irritate the eyes, which can cause a reaction. This reaction has varied symptoms starting from inflammation to watering and even redness and an itching sensation.
So how can you tell if you have an eye allergy? This article will tell you all you need to know!
- Causes: To begin with, this is an immune response that happens when the eye comes in contact with substances like dirt, grime, pollutants, pollen, nettle, pet hair, smoke, mold and more, which may cause irritation. These are typically known as allergens. The immune system takes these allergens to be invaders and begins attacking the same by releasing chemicals that cause these allergic reactions. Also, an eye allergy may be a symptom or outcome of other conditions like asthma, hay fever, or even eczema.
- Symptoms: The eye usually bears a pink or red appearance when the patient is suffering from an eye allergy. Also, watery eyes are a common sight during this condition while scaling around the eyes may also take place. Further, itching and burning sensation may be felt by the patient and swelling or puffiness can be seen. The symptoms may afflict one or both eyes. The patient may also have a runny nose or stuffy nose as well as nasal congestion.
- Difference between Eye Allergy and Pink Eye: Conjunctivitis or pink eye is usually caused due to bacteria or a virus that spreads infection in the eye. But eye allergy is caused due to a response of the immune system that leads to an allergic reaction. While the pink eye may be a contagious condition, an eye allergy is not.
- Diagnosis: The diagnosis of an eye allergy will be done with the help of various tests conducted by an ophthalmologist. The skin prick test will help in introducing allergens to find out if the spot gets raised or suffers from inflammation. Also, the doctor will check for other ailments like asthma and eczema.
- Treatment: There are varied methods of treating this condition. To begin with, the doctor may prescribe medication like decongestants and antihistamines as well as steroids for more severe and persistent cases. Also, injections may be prescribed in order to do away with the allergic reaction and eye drops containing olopatadine hydrochloride may also be used.
- Home Remedies: Staying away from allergens and using a warm and clean washcloth over the eyes, for a few minutes every day, may help in relieving the painful symptoms of the condition.
Do not forget to consult your doctor before you try any natural or home based remedies.