Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Viresh MahajanYour feedback matters!
Hello my baby 4 plus old. She some time carry very highly in night and tell I feel that some body kick my neck so I request to your good self what can I do.
As i am potts spine tuberculosis patient and doctor not allowed me to breastfeed my 7month old baby so my baby is on lactogen 2formula please suggest me some best formula milk and some formula cereal or food for my baby. I really cannot breastfeed my baby because of my disease I just feed her till 6months.
I have 4th year girl child. We went for 5 days tour. Now she got vomiting and motions with stomach pain also she is getting pain at stool place. What to do?
Hello Doctor. My baby is just 8 months old and since last five days she is suffering from too much of cough and cold. We have shown her to a doctor and giving her the medicine as prescribed. Medicines are tixylix syrup, taxim-o syrup, albutamol plus. And have even given her nebulizer. She is better from before yet too much of cough is der in the chest. She sometime use to vomit and too much of cough comes out in dat. She had fever just for 1 day. Now she is just having the cough. Please suggest something which can help her to get well at the earliest.
Why it's important that your child's diet is calcium-rich
Calcium is an inevitable part of your child's diet. You cannot afford to skip it if you wish to maintain a healthy lifestyle for your child. It is recommended that children between the ages of 9 and 18 should get approximately 1300 milligrams of calcium every day. Calcium-rich diet is important for your child for a number of reasons.
- calcium helps in building strong bones and teeth for your child.
- it is important in order to ensure proper functioning of your child's muscles and nerves.
- calcium plays a vital role in the release of such hormones and enzymes in your child's body that convert the food he eats into energy.
- it is also helpful in causing the blood to clot whenever your child gets bruised.
- since your child is continuously growing, a calcium-rich diet ensures an adequate supply of resources that help him to develop new bones that are healthy and strong.
- a calcium-rich diet is also essential as far as other bodily functions like muscle contraction, blood vessel constriction and relaxation are concerned.
What does lack of a calcium do to your child's body?
- lack of calcium can cause bone diseases like osteoporosis in your girl child, thus exposing her to a greater risk of weakened bones and possibility of fractures.
- if your child is a young kid and his diet lacks calcium or vitamin d, which absorbs calcium, he is exposed to the threats of the bone-softening disease called rickets. It can cause in him bowing of the legs, muscle pain and poor growth.
- bones are living tissues that change constantly, old bones keep getting replaced by newer ones and a calcium-rich diet aids this procedure. Therefore without an adequate supply of calcium, this process would borrow minerals from existing bones, thus weakening them and exposing them to increased risks of fracture.
- lack of calcium also increases risks of cardiovascular diseases, damaged gums, high blood pressure, ovarian and breast cancer and several other infirmities in your child in his later years.