Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ear-Nose-Throat (ENT) Specialists in India. You will find Ear-Nose-Throat (ENT) Specialists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ear-Nose-Throat (ENT) Specialists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Treatment of Foreign Body in Eyes, Ears, Nose and
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Hearing, Speech Impairment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Treatment of Nasal Disorders
Canalith Repositioning (Cr) Procedure
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Surgery
Ear Microsurgery Procedure
Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Micro Laryngeal Surgery
Reconstructive Middle Ear Surgery
Revision Ear Surgeries
Revision Ear Surgery
Treating Deviated Nasal Septum
Submit a review for Dr. Virendra SharmaYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from cervical vertigo, I can feel things spinning around me, difficulty in concentrating. Although it is just initial stage. But vertigo is severe. Kindly suggest me herbal or ayurvedic medications to treat cervical vertigo. I have to do computer desk job. Have long siting hours.
I am suffering from sinus problem. A doctor advised me to use mustard oil for my nose, means dropping some drops of mustard oil inside nose before sleeping. Is it safe or I should stop that.
I am feeling breathlessness all the time specially after exercise and after eating food what is tha reason for this. Felling something choking in my throat pla suzzest tablet or diet.
M suffering from hole in ear drum. M taking many antibiotics .but their is no relief .this is from 25 days. Now a doctor said that operation is an only option. Please suggest.
The left side of head use to pain very often. The pain is unbearable sometimes. I conducted a ct scan But nothing was found. I feel dizzy often. What can be the reason for this?
I am in my first trimester of pregnancy. For the last 10 days I have been experiencing total dry mouth and throat during sleep. Be it my afternoon nap or night sleep. After I wake up I feel so dry. This is so new to me. Is this normal.
I wish a surgery to my nose to make it small. I heard that some surgeries may fail. So is there any danger for me when any failure takes place. Or whether my nose becomes too bad when any failure takes place. Which doctor can I trust?
Recently from last 4 to 6 months my mom is suffering with snoring problem when she slept. And day by day it is increasing gradually. So please suggest how to get relief from this problem. My mom's age is 38 and weight is 76. And she has a problem of unwanted hair growth on face due to hormonal imbalance (menstrual cycle. So is this the reason for the problem of snoring?
I am working in bpo since five years my ears pain a lot . I do not any option I have work in this sector as per my experience. I feel my ear is heated . And out side my ear also.
My daughter got water in her ears while swimming and has got a heavy feeling in the head. Please suggest a way for relief.
Prevention is the single defense against noise induced hearing loss. The best, first option for protecting hearing is lowering the volume of sound at its source. Secondly, limiting the time of exposure to loud noise can reduce injury. Finally, physical protection from the noise can reduce its impact. Government regulations are designed to limit occupational exposure to dangerously loud noise. The largest burden of nihl, has been through occupational exposures; however, noise-induced hearing loss can also be due to unsafe recreational, residential, social, and military service-related noise exposures. it is estimated that 15% of young people are exposed to sufficient leisure noises (i. E. Concerts, sporting events, daily activities, personal listening devices, etc.) to cause nihl. there is not a limited list of noise sources that can cause hearing loss. Rather, it is important to understand that excessive decibel levels of any source over time can cause hearing loss.
Hello doctors I have problem in my ear due to excess use of headphones now I avoid to listen song in headphones so what can I do to cure soon.
I am feeling breathlessness. Felling something choking on my throat. My ecg and pft are ok. What is the reason behind this. I am having bloating and gas problem also please suggest tablet and diet.
Hi i am Suffering from snoring. Had sleep test but Dr. Advise me CPAP machine. Do you have any other Advice to cure this problem?
The inflammation of the tissues around the sinuses is a condition known as sinusitis. This can be triggered by a number of factors including a common cold and pollen allergies. The symptoms of acute sinusitis are -
- Facial muscle pain
- Stuffiness of the nose
- Running nose
- Loss of smell
Sinusitis is an uncomfortable condition on its own, but can also lead to a number of other complications. Ayurveda can be very effective in treating sinusitis without causing any other side effects. Here are a few ways to treat sinusitis with Ayurveda.
- Steam inhalations - Steam is a decongestant that can successfully clear congestion and make sinusitis less painful. This can be done five to six times a day. If your sinus is causing excessive pain, this should be repeated regularly for at least a week. In cases of chronic sinusitis, you may even continue this form of treatment for two years.
- Nasyam - Nasyam is one of the five therapies of detoxification according to Ayurveda. It treats sinusitis by administering medicated oils or herbal juices through the nostrils into the body. Nasyam acts by attacking and removing excess humor in sinus cavities. This improves the flow of oxygen in the body, and thus also helps treat the pain that is a result of your sinusitis.
- Ginger-Garlic - Ginger and garlic have a number of medicinal properties. A teaspoon of fresh ginger juice with honey can help reduce the congestion caused by sinusitis. This should ideally be had early in the morning, as soon as you wake up and may be repeated in the evening. Similarly, create a concoction with crushed garlic, turmeric, and honey, in the ratio of 1 tsp each of garlic and turmeric and 2 tbsp of honey. Have 1 tsp of this concoction daily.
- Jala Neti - Neti is a yogic purification method and jala neti refers to purification by water. This is a simple technique that should be practiced daily to relieve problems related to sinuses. Fill a neti pot with lukewarm water and a little salt. Position the neti pot such that the spout is in one of the nostrils. Breathe through your mouth and tilt your head till the water starts flowing from one nostril to the other. Once the pot has been emptied, repeat the process with another nostril. This can be repeated any number of times.
- Change your diet - Ayurveda is a lifestyle and hence diet is a very important part of the treatment. Avoid cold and oily food. Starting the day with a glass of lemon juice and water is also said to be beneficial to sinusitis patients. Processed foods, chocolates, liquor, carbonated drinks etc are other things to be refrained from when treating sinusitis with Ayurveda.
Related Tip: Ayurvedic Treatments for Erectile Dysfunction?
What is permanent solution for tonsillitis. I am getting it in frequency of three or four month. Shall I go for surgery for treatment of this?
I am 63 years old. I am suffering from tinnitus and sometimes vertigo for the last 20 years. Is there any remedy for the same. I am taking home medicine for the last 1 year and there is some relief.
Cotton swabs or cotton buds, are commonly used in our daily lifestyle. Many people use it for various purposes, such as make-up, bacterial culture, and most commonly for extracting wax and debris from the ear. Even though they are sometimes handy in our busy schedule, they usually cause much more harm than benefits.
How are they misused?
Cotton buds are toothpick like pieces made of wood, plastic, or rolled paper, which have cotton stuck at both ends with a roundish edge. It came into existence during the 1920s for a safe purpose of ear cleaning by Leo Gerstenzang, when he saw his wife cleaning their baby’s ear with a toothpick. And, til now they are used by the general population for ear cleaning, but these hardly remove the outer debris which is stuck near the outer edges. Impressing it inside the ear canal only does further damage, by forcing the inner wax further inside. Sometimes extensive force also causes damage to the ear drums.
How does it cause the damage?
Applying a tool like the cotton bud inside the ear with hands usually creates a force that impresses upon the eardrum, also accumulating the surrounding earwax to that area, resulting in impaction of the wax. The force applied most often, if not always, causes a damage to the ear drums, which might cause severe pain, also leading to leakage, causing improper balance, deafness, and certain similar abnormalities.
Although we are worried about cleaning our ears, it doesn’t really require our notice, since our usual showers allow an adequate quantity of water to enter the ears and clean the accumulated debris automatically. The structure, in which our ear canal is designed, is usually naturally assisting in cleaning up the unusual wax around the ear.
If there is an uncontrollable build up of earwax that is not cleaned off normally, you can always consult an ENT or any general physician and get it cleaned under medical surveillance, which is best advised.
Doctors and medical practitioners all around the world have been trying to spread the message of preventing the use of cotton buds for ear cleaning. It is important that the message reach the greater part of the population. Spread it to your family, your closest friends, their friends, and as further, you can reach!