Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Virendra Nath Gaur
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Virendra Nath GaurYour feedback matters!
I am 35 years old last 1 years I HV back and also my body flesh was day by day reducing (thinning 65%) what happen, what can you do.
Hello, I have very much pain in L5 S1 spine from last 2 months. MRI report says: "Annular tear of l5-s1 disc with diffuse posterior bulge, central & right para central prolapse & mild inferior migration of the prolapsed fragment causing compression of right exiting nerve root. Please suggest me what I do? Pain is very much. Should I go for surgery or any other option available. If surgery then how much time time required to recover & what is accuracy of surgery treatment. Thank you.
I hace back pain I am only 17 years old I want to know what is its reason when I got sitting for long time my pain gets varying pls tell me what I have to do?
Chronic back pain is distressing. It not only causes physical suffering but also mental agony. The affected individual cannot perform any task with ease, which can also affect one emotionally. However, this is a condition that can be reversed to a great extent. While many claim a surgery can help really well, there are ways one can find solace without having to resort to surgery.
- Physical therapy: To manage back pain, most of the doctors trust physical therapy more than medications. This has to be done under the guidance of a pain physicians. It has to be taken into note that for everyone, the same exercises cannot be effective. The therapy is patient-specific. The therapist examines your posture and finds the endurance of your pain. Then he prepared a plan with exercises that help strengthen the core. Some exercises are done with the help of a few helping aids such as an elastic band.
- Injection based treatments: Many injection therapies given by pain physicians are getting popular for the right reasons. They can do away the pain for several months in a few sittings. They aim at identifying the source of pain, and the injection is administered in the nerve ending that causes pain. However, these are not a permanent solution to the chronic condition, and they can be used in conjunction with other remedies. For instance, if it is your working lifestyle that causes back pain, then this treatment can help you to stay off from pain, until you are willing to go for an alternative.
- Lifestyle modifications: Find out what causes pain and work out on solutions based on it. If excess weight is the culprit, then you need to focus on losing the extra pounds. At times, lack of physical activity can lead to this condition. When you start quitting the sedentary lifestyle, you will see that the back pain fades slowly. Taking fresh foods and fruits help because they are loaded with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Stress-free life: Stress can lead to various health issues, and back pain is no exception from the list. You need to follow therapies that aim to rejuvenate the body and fill it with positive energy. Meditation and tai chi are classic examples. You can also consult a rehabilitation psychiatrist for constructing a cognitive strategy that helps in relaxing the body and mind.
- Medications: In case of chronic back pain the NSAIDs are the most commonly recommended as a first line of action. These include medicines like ibuprofen or Flexon.
Other ways include taking drugs under the guidance of a medical professional. You can also try other treatment methods such as acupuncture, healing techniques, biofeedback therapy, electric nerve stimulation, and laser therapy to seek relief from back pain that affects the quality of life.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!