Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Virendra Nath GaurYour feedback matters!
I am feeling pain in my backbone everyday and this pain is increasing day by day so what can I do to decrease this pain?
I am 31 yera old male and have a pain in back injuries and lifting for last 1 months. So what should I do?
Hello sir I am rajesh chiudavadapi from hyderabad working as software developer so daily eight hours I am had to sitting chair post 6 months so im suffering with back pain I used many tablets it can't work please suggest me.
I am a 40 yrs old lady. I feel pain in my finger joints and also my back is stiff every morning I wake up. Infact I am not using pillow from last couple of months.
My age is 30, from last few months I was badly experiencing a problem. That my right leg is paining. I consulted docter and he asked to take scanning. In scanning their shows nothing everything thing is normal. But the problem is not rectified. Suggest me any other medical treatment to come out of it.
My wife's from neck, hands, head are paining from one month, and it pain like (हिंदी chilkan) type. So it will get treated.
How should you approach pain caused due to sports injuries??
Sports injuries can happen to any person who engages in sporting activities. These affect full-time athletes as well as those who partake in sports and exercising on an occasional basis. Most sports injuries are acute and affect the muscles and skeletal system. Usually, they are not chronic unless caused by a grave accident or left untreated.
The most common types of injuries caused due to sports are as follows:
Treatment of sports injuries depends on a number of factors such as the type of injury, part of the body affected, the intensity of the pain, and the patient's age and medical history.
Accordingly, the most common ways of approaching the pain caused by sports injuries are:
- Immediate remedies: Several quick aid, home remedies are used to treat pain that is caused by minor injuries to muscles, such as sprains and strains. It involves alleviation of pain through rest, using ice packs and hot water bags, wearing supports and elastic compression bandages.
- Medication: Many medicines such as painkillers and anti-inflammatory pills, creams and sprays effectively reduce pain caused by sports injuries. In extreme cases, morphine and codeine are also prescribed.
- Physical therapy: A number of injuries can be treated and cured through certain exercise and workout routines. These aim at stretching and strengthening the affected area to provide pain relief through increased flexibility and muscle activity.
- Injections: Various substances and chemical compounds can be injected into the injured area which works on the affected ligaments, tendons, and cartilage to reduce inflammation and relieve pain.
- Surgical procedures: This is generally resorted to in case of damage to the skeleton in the form of broken bones and cracked ribs.
- Interventional Pain relieving procedures: These include regenerative or stem cell therapy, and neuromodulation techniques using radio frequency current. They may result in best results without any tissue cutting or damage. A pain specialist may be able to help you best in that case.
Devising the exact treatment method requires a thorough examination of the injury. Diagnosis can only be provided after taking into consideration the many factors that affect treatment. The method of treatment varies from case to case and consequently, the recovery time also differs. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pain management specialist.