Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Virendra Kumar
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Virendra KumarYour feedback matters!
Am now very addicted to masturbation and I want to reduce it anyhow. Please tell me how can I get rid of it.
Hello, I am 22 years old female. Got married about 75 days ago. I am getting very often headache, back pain and I feel weak. When I was 20 years old I was diagnosed as having Kidney stones of small sizes. I took some medicines. I am feeling erased about my ill health. Will this problem of my present symptoms are due to kidney issues. If so can this problem be permanently cured. Can I conceive normally and bear children with out complications. Please advice.
The symptoms of haemorrhoids are quite painful, annoying, and uncomfortable, whether they are internal (inside the rectum) or external (outside the rectum). Most of the people having haemorrhoids recover from the symptoms with some mild treatment options such as applying some creams and ointments, drinking plenty of water or eating a fibre diet. But if the symptoms become severe, resulting in more complications that can’t be treated with mild treatment options, then surgery is recommended.
Following are some important reasons to go for haemorrhoid surgery:
- When haemorrhoid symptoms still persist: The most common reason why a majority of patients go for surgery is that their haemorrhoid symptoms continue even after having undergone a conservative medical treatment. The affected individuals experience pain, swelling, bleeding, and itching.
- When serious complications develop: Some patients may develop serious complications of haemorrhoids, which may include thrombosed haemorrhoids and prolapsed haemorrhoids. When a clot (thrombus) develops in the external haemorrhoids giving a feeling of a lump near the anus, the condition is called thrombosed haemorrhoids. When internal haemorrhoids prolapse through the rectum and bulge outward from the anus due to excessive straining, the condition is called prolapsed haemorrhoids. Both these conditions cause severe irritation and can become infected. Therefore, they require a surgical treatment.
- When haemorrhoid symptoms become worse: Some patients may experience symptoms of haemorrhoids even at the time of diagnosis. This may require immediate medical treatment including a surgery, if needed. These symptoms include anaemia (occurs due to excessive bleeding), strangulated haemorrhoid (develops when internal haemorrhoid becomes constricted due to loss of blood supply) and extreme pain.
Types of haemorrhoid surgeries:
The two most common types of surgeries performed nowadays to treat haemorrhoids include:
- Haemorrhoidopexy: It is also called stapled haemorrhoidectomy or haemorrhoid stapling. This is used for the treatment of prolapsed haemorrhoids. During the procedure, the prolapsed haemorrhoid is surgically stapled back inside the rectum to its place and the blood supply cuts off so that the tissue shrinks.
- Haemorrhoidectomy: Also called haemorrhoid removal, it is used for the treatment of large external haemorrhoids and prolapsed internal haemorrhoids that don’t respond to other treatment options. During the procedure, the surgeon cuts out the large haemorrhoid.
There are various factors that a doctor considers while deciding on the right surgical treatment option for haemorrhoids. The degree of the symptoms, place, type of haemorrhoids, diagnosis and the individual patient’s conditions are determined before deciding to go for a haemorrhoid surgery. Hence, it is crucial that you discuss the treatment options with a specialist to get the best possible recovery. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!