Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Virender Kumar
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Virender KumarYour feedback matters!
नवजात शिशु अपना अधिकतर समय सोने में व्यतीत करते हैं। इसीलिए आपके बच्चे को कुछ समय के बाद जाग जाना चाहिए, जागने पर अच्छी तरह से आहार लेना चाहिए | बच्चा संतुष्ट दिखाई दे रहा हो तो वह बिलकुल ठीक है | ये किसी गंभीर बीमारी के लक्ष्ण हो सकते हैं। यदि वह बहुत अधिक थका हुआ अथवा उनींदा नज़र आए, बहुत कम सजग दिखाई दे और आहार लेने के लिए न जागे, तो आपको अपने बच्चे को डॉक्टर के पास ले जाना चाहिए।
Hi dr, My daughter is having 2 years old. I would like to know whether I can give cord liver oil to my child which is available in medical shops and can you suggests food items which help her to stay as healthy? Thank you.
My baby is 8 months old, he passes stools 4 times a day, sometimes 5 times from past 2 months, in his stool routine test 6-7 pus cells and entameoba histolytica cyst is found and e.coli infection is there, so doctor gave metrogyl and gentamicin injections for 7 days along with zinc and pro biotic, while taking the medicine and after completing the medicine also no change in him, I am so much worried, is it serious problem, please help me doctors.
My 2 years baby have horrible cough since a week I give her solvin cold and nebulization what can I do now for her she has 2 times pneumonia.
My child is 8.3 year, height 43 inch weight 20 kg, and don't take full diet of food please suggest me.
My sister daughter is 2 years old and still she do not forget drinking breast milk, her mom wants her to forget that. Please suggest some ways for that little child.
My 5 years old daughter having continue cough and khansi. How we can be sure she is asthmatic or not. My mother have asthma for last 30 years.
My daughter is of 15 months she had fell down so many times from bed. We don't no were it hurt, after 20 minutes again she will start playing. Will the hurts effect her later.
Hi doctor. I actually need to travel to china with my baby as my husband is working there. So we have to shift back. My baby gal is 3 months old now and her height and weight are 64cms and 6.4kg respectively. Is my baby fit for air travel? what precautions I need to take while traveling and after reaching there?
How to overcome sibling jealousy in children. My daughter of 5.8 years is behaving weird. I guessed she doesn't like her little brother clinging to me always. She forces me to put him in daycare.
Adenoids refer to the mass of lymphatic tissue situated at the intersection of the back of the nose and throat. They are a part of the body's immune system and play a noteworthy part in battling infections in kids. Adenoids fight off the microbes and infection that enter the body through the nose. They typically occur in children of five to seven years of age and from that point, they begin to decrease. They vanish when the child gets older. This is the physiological development and relapse of the adenoids. However, permanent adenoids are an issue in view of a number of annoying symptoms they show in a child. The major among these are breathing through the mouth and wheezing because of nasal blockage.
Homeopathic medicines are a very safe option than surgery in kids with extended adenoids. It has been noted that adenoids, when surgically removed, tend to regrow. Homeopathic medicines focus on strengthening the child’s immune system. The cures are as follows:
- Baryta Carb: Baryta Carb is one of the top recorded homeopathic medications for swollen adenoids. It is likewise the medicine to endorse where both tonsils and adenoids are broadened. The child feels sensitive to ice in extremes. The tiniest exposure to icy air causes cough. Cough also shows up at the slightest change in climate. Sneezing and thick yellow nasal release may be seen. Pain in the throat increases on gulping.
- Calcarea Carb: Calcarea Carb is another brilliant homeopathic medicine for amplified adenoids with the tendency to get infected. Calcarea Carb will be recommended where the youngster is exceptionally helpless to cold and falls sick after each such introduction. This weak immune system for diseases brings about broadened adenoids or tonsils.
- Agraphis Nutans and Merc Sol: Agraphis Nutans and Merc Sol are extremely helpful homeopathic medicines for treating ear grumblings because of expanded adenoids. Agraphis Nutans is the best treatment for deafness because of expanded adenoids. Homeopathic prescription Merc Sol is highly used in case of an ear infection connected with swollen adenoids.
- Kali Sulphuricum: Kali Sulphuricum is among one of the top recorded homeopathic solutions for adenoids that regrow after surgery. The symptoms controlling utilisation of Kali Sulphuricum are a blocked nose, mouth breathing and wheezing. Yellow coloured nasal release is also common.
- Ammonium Carb and Sambucus Nigra: Ammonium Carb and Sambucus Nigra are incredibly helpful homeopathic medicines for developed adenoids. A youngster that needs these drugs will have an increased nasal blockage. The nasal hindrance is most set apart around evening time. Breathing through the mouth because of a blocked nose is also very common. Ammonium Carb is likewise used for a seeping nose, particularly in the morning. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
Midely overdistedned stomach of baby girl 1.5 years thats why she is vomiting frequently once in day or sometimes twice . Kindly guide how do we stop such vomiting? Please suggest .
A child’s tantrums, especially during teens, are quite common. However, there could be some children who could be exhibiting an extreme version of these symptoms. This is known as oppositional defiant disorder.
Children with this disorder become easily irritable, angry, argumentative, defiant and feel vindictive against most elders (parents, teachers, and others). While this is something very common and can be ignored to be a part of teenage tantrums, the issue is when these symptoms do not seem to end. If they persist for beyond 6 months, it is time to worry. These may then begin to interfere with their daily activities including schooling, where they may not be easy for the teacher to manage.
Diagnosis of ODD: With the changing behaviour of teenagers, it is often difficult to pinpoint and say there is ODD. However, some guidelines for diagnosis are listed below. Angry/irritable, argumentative, defiant and vindictive. If these symptoms are seen for more than 6 months with no inducing reason, happens with non-siblings, and is affecting learning and playing, it is highly likely the child has ODD.
These symptoms can occur at home, at school, or in other settings – seen respectively in one, two, or more settings. Some of the symptoms are listed below.
- Repeated temper tantrums
- Anger bursts, swearing, using obscene language
- Extremely argumentative, especially with people in authority (teachers, parents, etc.)
- Annoying others and getting annoyed easily
- Noncompliance to rules and regulations at school and institutions
- Defending one’s mistakes and blaming others for it
- These result in poor academic performance, antisocial behavior, substance abuse, and higher suicidal tendencies.
Treatment depends on the presenting symptoms, the age of the child, and supportive care available. The child should be able to actively take part in psychotherapy to reap good benefits. It would otherwise be a task with no results.
- Psychotherapy will help the child improve its cope and express and control anger. This also improves problem-solving skills.
- Cognitive-behavioural therapy tries to mould the behaviour.
- If required, the parents also would be involved to improve family’s involvement in the treatment. Caretakers are given special training if required so that they can support in long-term medical care.
- The child also needs to be trained for appropriate behaviour under different circumstances.
- Rewards for positive behaviour and punishments for negative behaviour are useful ways.
Prevention: Early identification can help in minimizing distress to the family and help in the early arrest of the disease. The family is also taught basic and simple steps which can help in supporting therapy. Early rejection at school and loss of learning, can happen which can be managed with early intervention. A nurturing and supportive family can help manage the child very well. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.