Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Virender Gupta
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Virender GuptaYour feedback matters!
Ma'am i want to know that how can i increase glowness on my face. it looks very dull one of the doctors told mre that i have a lack of potassium. Is it true can it happen.
My friend is 25 year old. She is suffering from hair fall problem last 1 year. She also having hair whitening problem. She used many shampoos oils conditions. But there is no benefits from these products. Day by day her hair get damaged and length is also raising. She also trim her hair. Get some solution to not loosing her hair. She is so much tensed about her hair also. please give me any suggestion to solve her problem.
Few day back I have seen Stretch marks on body I.E (knee, shoulder nd lower abdominal). I want to know the reason and solution. Thanks.
Hair loss, as the name itself implies, refers to the loss of hair from scalp / head; another term used to describe this is alopecia. It is a broad term that also includes thinning of hair. While genetics plays a vital role in this condition that afflicts both men and women, there are several other factors that are involved in bringing on this problem in people. In order to understand the reasons for hair fall better, it is essential that you learn about the various growth stages of hair.
The hair growth cycle consists of three phases:
- The first phase is the anagen phase, which is an active phase in which the hair grows. This phase lasts for around 2-7 yrs.
- The second phase is the catagen phase. The catagen phase immediately follows the anagen phase and lasts for around 10- 14 days during which the hair stops getting blood supply and becomes dead.
- The third and the last phase is telogen phase, which is a resting phase. In this phase, the dead hair falls out and the hair follicles remain in rest or inactive stage for about 2-3 months.
After completion of last stage, the entire cycle is repeated. Each single hair undergoes these three phases of growth independent of the other hair on the scalp. Normally, at a given point of time about 90% of hair is in the anagen phase and only 10% is in the telogen phase. When this ratio is altered, it leads to increased rate of hair loss. Hair loss can occur at any age, and can be prevalent in both males and females. Hair loss in itself is not a disease, but a sign that often indicates various other diseases. Hair loss occurs as a result of various diseases or factors and in different patterns.
The various causes / factors leading to hair loss include:
Skin diseases affecting the scalp like fungal infection of scalp known as tinea capitis, seborrhoea (dandruff), eczema of scalp, or lichen planus.
- Genetic factors
- Hormonal changes including those that occur after childbirth and during menopause
- Nutritional deficiencies due to a diet that lacks iron (leading to anemia), and also lack of protein intake
- Recovery from acute fever like typhoid and erysipelas leads to diffuse hair loss
- Drug use like the ones that are used in treating high blood pressure, joint pains, cancer, or depression. Anagen effluvium refers to the condition of hair loss due to chemotherapy in a cancer patient
- Physical trauma / injury to head
- Emotional trauma like constant stress or grief due to loss of a family member / close friend
- General diseases like diabetes mellitus, tuberculosis, Hypothyroidism, or AIDS
- Auto-immune related hair loss in which the hair cells are mistaken for a foreign body and are destroyed by the immune cells of the body
- Hairstyles like tight braids or ponytails where the hair is tightly pulled backwards leading to traction alopecia; indiscriminate use of hair colors and hair straighteners
- Trichotillomania, which is a mental disorder in which the affected person voluntarily pulls out his / her scalp hair
Homeopathy for hair growth
Although hair loss is not a life-threatening condition, but it can be a source of constant stress and worry in the people affected by it. A person suffering from hair loss possesses lower self-esteem and self-confidence level, and also feels embarrassed when in company of other people. Homeopathy can very efficiently deal with cases of hair loss, and produce excellent results. In Homeopathy, a huge number of wonderful medicines are present that are used to tackle hair loss cases.
Every kind of hair loss (ranging from hair loss due to anemia / nutritional deficiencies, due to skin disorders, due to mental / physical trauma, due to childbirth or menopause, after acute diseases, to alopecia areata, alopecia totalis or androgenetic alopecia) can be treated with the help of well selected homeopathic medicines. To treat hair loss through homeopathy, detail case history of the patient needs to be studied. The cause and site of hair loss are to be noted down along with the constitutional symptoms of the patient which are given prime importance in any kind of case of hair loss. The constitutional symptoms include the eating habits, level of thirst, thermals, mental symptom etc. and these are to be given top position in forming the totality of symptoms while case taking. After the case has been properly evaluated, the case homeopathic medicine is administered to the patient. Following is the list of homeopathic medicines for hair loss treatment that can be used.
Constitutional treatment helps-
The constitution of an individual plays an indispensable role in prescribing drug. Hence the role of constitution is crucial in achieving a cure. A constitutional prescription is based on the totality of the mental and physical reactions. It covers the level of susceptibility, the tendencies, the behavioral pattern and the underlying miasms.
In homeopathy, the choice of remedy is based on a consideration of the totality of an individual's symptoms and circumstances, including behaviours, personality, fears, food preferences, responses to the physical environment and so on. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!