Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Virender ChauhanYour feedback matters!
I'm a 28 year old female and suffering from gastritis. Since 2 years back my condition became worse I often have the tendency of throwing up esp in the morning when I brush. I also suffer from reflux.
I had acidity 2-3 days back. I didn't take any medication, j and vomited all out. Later, I took ENO, which relaxed me from acidity. Now I am eating fine, but stomach is constantly in pain, maybe due to oesophagus burns. I took "PAN 40" (3 tablets all before meals) which relieves temporarily, but stomach still hurts badly. What to do?
Gastritis is a very common health issue and is faced by all all age groups. There are many factors that lead to gastritis or compound the already existing situation. Basically, gastritis is swelling of stomach lining. Spicy food, medicines, tobacco, alcohol etc. can cause or increase the gastric acid production and disturb, weaken or damage the normal stomach lining.
Gastritis is of two types:
- Acute gastritis, which occurs suddenly
- Chronic gastritis, which develops over a period of time
In India, gastritis is a very common disorder which occurs at any age but is more widespread in the adolescent age group (12-17 years).
Gastritis occurs when there is an imbalance between the acid production and damage to the stomach lining, resulting in swelling of the stomach lining. However, sometimes gastritis can cause pain in the upper part of the abdomen and may lead to stomach ulcers.
Symptoms of gastritis vary among individuals, and in many people there are even no symptoms. It also depends on the duration of disease, whether it is acute (happening suddenly) or chronic (causing symptoms over a long period of time).
The most common symptoms of acute gastritis include:
- Water brashes (sour fluid or tasteless saliva into the mouth)
- Belching (expelling air from the stomach through the mouth)
- Abdominal bloating or stomach fullness
- Upper abdominal pain or discomfort
- Nausea/feeling of vomiting
- Irregular bowel movement
- Recurrent indigestion
Simple natural ways to treat gastritis:
- Taking half a gram of long pepper powder with honey is an effective way to curb gastritis. It is advisable to take this mixture twice a day.
- Triphla powder is a very good Ayurvedic remedy to treat gastritis. Boil one tablespoon of Triphla powder in one glass of water, reduce it to half its content and then filter it. Consume it hot after dinner.Fennel seeds also very efficiently deals with the condition of gastritis. It is advisable to chew half a teaspoon of fennel seeds after food to keep gastritis at bay.
- Readily available lemon also helps relieve feeling of nausea and bloating. Having lemon juice subsides vomiting sensation and bloating.
- Triphla powder is a very good Ayurvedic remedy to treat gastritis. Boil one tablespoon of Triphla powder in one glass of water, reduce it to half its content and then filter it. Consume it hot 20 minutes after dinner. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Sir I am suffering from acidity at last one year, every day I eat omega capsule. Please sugest me what I do.
I am suffering from gastro esophageal reflux disease since 2 years. Initially I have only abdominal Pain now that also cured. But recently from 30 days I have severe discomfort in my throat what should I do.
I hav a lot of acidity problem. Due to irregular eating habits n night shifts. How do I take care of this. I do sleep for abt 7 hrs a day.
I have problem of hair failing and gastric problem since two month and itching in whole body as well. Please advice me what should I do?
I am 39 years old male person having 48 kg weight and height 5'4' I am suffering from hyper acidity and gastric since my childhood and always have headache some time very acute, no oral medicine (duoflam and omeprazole/aciloc) works at the time of acute pain because of regular omitting then I have to use injection. I low body weight and feel weakness but I have proper diet. Presently I am also diabetic which is under control by medicine (melmet 500 mg sr) since 2013. In 2006 to 2008 I also suffered with hyperthyroid which has been cured within two and half years. Please advice me for relief from hyper acidity.
I have a lower abdomen pain last year n I have take a medicine n it was fine but now again the sane problem arises. Please help me.
Sir I have a problem. Some time pinworm comes out from my anus in night time. I took some medicines but still problem is there. Now physically so weakness feeling hoi. Digestion problem.
Meri age 32 hai mujhe 1saal se acidity aur gas hai agar ise permanent cure karna hoon toh kitne time tak fry oily, heavy meals etc se precaution karna padega kyunki 20 days se mein precaution kar raha hoon abhi thoda fark pada hai.please advice
My problem is acidity for some times. I already eat tablets. But, it can not solve my problem so please give me a solution.
There is a problem in my stomach, food which I eat could not be digested easily & face a lot while erection.
Intestinal distress is usually characterised by discomfort and pain in the abdomen, as well as an irritable bowel. This is generally caused when food does not move fast enough through the food pipe, to get digested in time. In Ayurvedic terms, this undigested, unprocessed food and the toxins that it causes is known as Ama. Intestinal distress includes conditions ranging from heartburn to IBS or irritable bowel syndrome. This is also known as Grahani in Ayurveda. Want to more about treating these conditions, the Ayurvedic way? Here's how!
- Mustakarishta: This medicine helps in the prevention and treatment of loose motions as well as indigestion that causes gas and acidity.
- Dadimavaleha: This is generally prescribed for patients suffering from fever along with loose motions, and bleeding, which usually points to infections in the body.
- Kutajarishta: This concoction is used for treating patients suffering from dysentery, loose motions and mild to severe irritable bowel syndrome.
- Pushyanuga Churna: This medicine is used for treating menorrhagia, metrorrhagia, excessive bleeding during menstrual cycles and other digestive disorders.
- Kutajavaleha: This is usually used during treatment for conditions like irritable bowel syndrome, ulcerative colitis and piles. It also treats inflammation and bleeding issues. This medicine is also useful in treating patients suffering from anaemia.
- Sanjeevani Vati: This medicine can be used for treating problems associated with dyspepsia, gastro enteritis and indigestion which can lead to heartburn.
- Bilwadi Gutika: Patients who have endured rodent or insect bites as well as gastro enteritis issues can use this medicine for instant relief.
- Jeerakarishtam: This medicine is used for mothers who have just had babies and need to control frequent stools and indigestion in the post-natal period.
The use of Ayurvedic medicines necessarily needs the support of other measures like eating a healthy and balanced diet as well as massages and other such tools prescribed under this science. The medicines work towards healing and preventing further eruptions of the ailments. But for the successful treatment of the same, patients of intestinal distress need to remember not to overeat and to have meals on time, and in a routine manner. The meals should consist of cumin, turmeric and easy to digest food as well as plenty of water. Exercise is another important facet of relieving the discomfort felt under such situations. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.