Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. (Assoc Prof) Vipul Vijay
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. (Assoc Prof) Vipul VijayYour feedback matters!
I am sourav mondal, height is 5ft 5 inches. I have a problem in my length and back. Nowadays I can't run quickly as much as I could. Actually in my nose a small defect I have observed. That is one side of nose is slightly curve so that I can't take breath properly by one whole. So what kind of treatment can I apply? I want to perfect solution for my problem.
I am 20 years old boy I have pain in knee alway. I am using move cream bt it did not give better result, What should I do?
I feel a pain in my shin bone after running. It goes off when I stop training. And it comes again when I start it again.
My friend (age 27yrs male) was hit in an accident on 18 august 2012 and his c4 c5 cervical bones are damaged. Now his hands and feet are not working even stool also done by digital fingering. What will the possibilities in future to get the normal life.
I visited an orthopedician for lower back pain (muscles pain). He gave a few medicines and suggested physiotherapy for 10 days which includes TENS.
Last 6 months I am suffering for right leg swelling I met one of the eneral medicine doctor and vascular surgen. They advised me to take a scanning I did it. All nerves are ok they told likely cellulities. Medicines I took no relief. What to do?
Sciatica pain can be mild to intense. Many with lumbar herniated disc and sciatica often wonder whether or not they require a surgery. Needless to say, it is never an easy decision. But the good news is that micro discectomy surgery has a higher rate of success when it comes to relieving sciatica pain. When compared to many other options, this one is relatively minimally invasive. It doesn’t alter the structure of the spine permanently since it works by removing a small portion of the disc, which has herniated or extruded out of the disc.
When your sciatica pain stems from lumbar disc herniation, a small open surgery with the help of magnification is the prevalently opted surgical approach. On the other hand, a laminectomy is done when the bone or disc pinching the nerve root is required to be removed.
When should you consider undergoing surgery for sciatica?
Typically, neurosurgeons recommend considering surgery for sciatica in a host of situations which include the following:
- Severe pain in the leg lingering for more than six weeks, which mainly affects one side of the leg or buttock
- Intense pain in the low back and buttock, which continues through the course of the sciatic nerve andextends to the lower leg and even foot. This pain can be described as sharp and searing rather than a dull thud.
- When pain has not alleviated even after non-surgical treatments that may include non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs),oral steroids, injections, manual manipulations, and physical therapy
- When the patient is not able to take part in the day to day activities due to intense lower back pain and the symptoms tend to become severe during movements like sneeze and cough.
- When the symptoms are continuing to worsen, thereby indicating nerve damage, particularly when the progressive signs have their root in neurological issues
- It is important to note here that surgical intervention may only be needed when the patient experiences progressive weakness in the lower portion of the body or sudden loss of bladder or bowel movement, which may stem from cauda equina syndrome. Two surgeries, namely lumbar laminectomy and microdiscectomy are performed on the basis of the cause as well as the duration of the sciatica pain.
- In some cases, the symptoms are unique on the basis of the underlying causes of sciatica. For instance, trying to bend the body backward or walking a longer distance than normal may trigger unbearable symptoms. On the other hand, when the affected individual tries to bend the body forward, it can lead to symptoms stemming from the lumbar herniated disc.
- In case sciatica occurs after an accident, injury or trauma, or if it happens in tandem with other symptoms, then it requires an immediate medical attention.
Thus, choosing to go for a surgery depends on several factors that only your doctor can assess and decide upon.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!