Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Audiologists in India. You will find Audiologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Audiologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vinod Kumar
Submit a review for Dr. Vinod KumarYour feedback matters!
My father needs hearing aid because he was diagnosed with 50% loss on both the ears by doctor. Anybody recommend best hearing aid companies to buy for? I want an affordable and best option. Thanks.
I want to talk about a 22 years old girl who is deaf and dumb since birth. We are looking for her cure for a long time now. I am wondering if the stem cells which has proven to be revolution in the medical does have the capability to cure such cases or not. Pleas guide us whom can we meet if you are not sure on the answer to this question. We are looking for any doctor in NCR region.
I am having problem while waking up in the mrng I dnt evn hear my almars at tht tym wat should I do now?
I am suffering from tinnitus for last four year in my left year only and loss of hearing also in both of my ears. Consulted doctor at CMC vellore and completed the suggested medicine. Still suffering with hear loss & tinnitus. Please help.
take your medicine regularly
. drink plenty of water
have a good sound sleep
. have at least 30 min regular exercise. ... No addictions
Hello Doctor, my cousin brother has never been in a relationship but has had a number of crushes/attractions (which he calls" love") over the years to an extent that at times he behaves like a psycho lover. His" love" lasts for at the most 2 months and he is well aware of it. Though, at times, I make it clear that I am not going to hear about his irrational and childish activities, he still keeps on sharing them with me as well as all his relatives and friends and is dependant on us for suggestions. Currently, he is in love with some one in his workplace who has made it very clear that she is" not available" But, even then he says" he desperately wants her" I have made him understand that he should behave when in office as it might have a negative impact on his career. Although, he is a diligent employee, he still keeps pursuing this girl in question and his antiques have unnerved a few of his coworkers in the process. Everyone jokes about him. But, he does not get any hint that people are having a negative impression about his family too. He has always been pampered by most of his relatives and has had psychological problems as a child too. Please suggest a way so that I can help him understand as to how he can be a rational and responsible being.
Dr. Her auditory and BERA reports are normal. But unable to listen .normally. Hearing aids are also not prescribed to her. Please tell me what is the problem and the best treatment to cure it.
What could be causing pain in left side of head and ringing left ear? Please tell me answer. I am waiting for your answer.
Gd eve sir/madam. My friend can't hear low volume sounds even from beside person, He consulted a doctor in Apollo. They suggested him for an operation, but the problem is, they said that if operation is success then no problem, But if it gets failed, then he can't listen even very loud sound from beside person too. The use of deff machine is also not useful. Then what is the solution for his problem. He is a great civil engineering. He works in one of the top 10 civil construction companies in india. Please help him, by solving his problem.
I am 55 years age male. I am having hearing problems since 2 years. I smoke occasionally and drink regularly. I am non vegetarian. Pls advice me the best precautions.
The partial or total inability to hear is known as hearing loss. It can be present at birth or develop later in life.
There are a number of factors, which may cause hearing loss:
- Age - Age is the biggest factor when it comes to the loss of hearing, and you may lose the ability to hear as you age. This condition is known as presbycusis. It becomes difficult to understand high-frequency sounds like that of a child or a woman when you get old.
- Noise - When you are exposed to loud noises for a prolonged period of time, it damages your ears. This leads to loss of hearing. 5% of the total population of the world is affected by noise (the degree of suffering varies). It may be a result of continuous exposure to loud music or a sudden exposure to a loud noise like an explosion or fire cracker. Even too much use of ear phones and cell phones causes damage. Prevention - Use less of cell phones, disco, fire cracker, loud speaker.
- Hereditary disorders - Hearing disorder may be inherited by the dominant or recessive genes of parents in the child.
- Trauma - Serious injuries of the head/ears may cause loss of hearing, which may be either temporary or permanent. When damage is caused to the brain, the brain fails to process the message conveyed by the ears. So even if the ears are totally functional, a person may face the problem in hearing.
- Perinatal problems - The ototoxic effects on the fetus due to excess intake of alcohol during pregnancy lead to hearing the loss in about 64% of the infants born to alcoholic mothers. Also, premature birth can be associated with hearing loss due to high risk of being exposed to noise in neonatal units.
- Diseases of ear - Specially pus discharge damages eardrum and hearing bones. Some time also damages the nerve of hearing. Do not neglect this issue. It can be easily operated and you are safe.
Knowing about the causes of hearing loss can lead you a step closer to preventing this disorder.
- Aging effect can be prevented --- by taking nerve tonics, avoiding ototoxic drugs, and avoiding noise trauma. If hearing loss has set in best is to use hearing aid prescribed by authentic person.
- Be more aware -- You should be diligent and aware of the situations, which may risk your hearing ability and should try to avoid such situations as much as possible. Limit your exposure to sources of hazardous noises like firearms, firecrackers, concerts and pubs.
- Take precautionary measures -- If your occupation calls for working at an environment of loud noises, use earplugs or earmuffs. Also, make sure that you work in a place where employers take all the necessary measures of noise control under the federal or state regulations.
- Monitor your use of gadgets --- Monitor and control the use of hearing devices, and try to reduce the use of headphones/ earphones as much as possible.
- During pregnancy -- NO to alcohol smoking and other ototoxic medicines. To prevent genetic transfer of hearing loss, one should avoid marriage in close relatives as is done in south India and mohmadden community.
- Visit the Dr. --- For proper management of hearing loss asap. hearing loss is treatable or can be taken care !! In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am 62 years old. I am having diabetes and hearing loss problem. Are you know any medicine for this to cure 100%.
My mother (age - 48) fixated with hearing problems since last two years and my younger sister (28) also used ear machine since last 3 year. I have faced hearing problems (especially left ear). Is this is a genetic problem?
Bone Anchored Hearing Aid (BAHA) is a device surgically implanted to help people suffering from a loss of hearing. Most conventional hearing aids transmit sound through air conduction. The BAHA device is suitable for conductive or mild-moderate mixed hearing loss.
Problems with hearing in the middle or outer ears can be helped with the BAHA device. The sound waves received by the BAHA device bypass the middle ear and get delivered straight to the functioning cochlea in both ears.
A BAHA device comprises of two parts:
- The processor
- A fixture which is surgically implanted behind the ear in the bone.
The implant is embedded in the bone. The processor, which remains outside, is attached to the implant. There is a microphone on the processor that picks up sounds. The sounds are passed on to the implant. The implant vibrates which triggers the Cochlear. You can consider wearing a BAHA implant if other conventional hearing aids do not work for you. BAHA implants are also given to people with collapsed or irritated ear canals.
Cochlear Implant Surgery
A complex, small electronic device that helps hearing in people with severe hearing loss or deafness is used in the Cochlear Implant Surgery. The cochlear implant comprises of an external piece behind the ear and another piece that is surgically implanted under the skin. A cochlear implant comprises of four parts:
- A microphone which picks up sounds from the surroundings
- A speech processor which chooses and arranges the sounds the microphone picks up
- A receiver/stimulator and transmitter that picks up signals from the speech processor and changes them into electric impulses
- An electrode ray, a bunch of electrodes, receives impulses the stimulator sends and transmits them to different areas of the auditory nerves.
The implant does not cure deafness; it only gives you a useful portrayal of sounds in the environment and considerable aid in understanding speech.
The surgery is done in the following way:
- The area around the site of the implant is shaved or cleaned
- The patient's vital signs are monitored through cables, patches and monitors attached to him or her
- General anaesthesia is administered through IV or through a face mask
- After the device is implanted, the patient is taken to the recovery room for the anaesthesia effect to lessen. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.
I have a hearing problem. Msg reach me late. Those in feeble tone sometimes reach. some day I have an audibility problem. But I feel my mind is preoccupied. So unable to hear.Please suggest me something.
Hii i'm 23 years old male. I'm facing a problem of ringing in my ears. I can't sleep at night due to high frequency sounds. I'm hearing them since a week. I can hear the ringing all the time whether it's day or night. I'm also suffering from little bit hearing problem and cold. What should I do?
Loss or impairment of hearing can happen due to a variety of causes and may be temporary or permanent in nature, depending on the type and severity of the condition. One of the most common causes of hearing impairment is age. The degeneration of one's vital organs and senses becomes a reality for many people as the advancement of age happens, and the delicate insides of the ears are no different. Noise pollution, injury to the ear drum or any other part of the ear, as well as the movement of particles inside are only a few of the many reasons for loss of hearing. One of the many ways of dealing with long term hearing impairment is by using a hearing aid.
Read on to know how you can regain your hearing with hearing aids:
- Long Forgotten Sound: A hearing aid will help you reacquaint yourself with long forgotten and subtle sounds that you may not have been able to hear for a long time. Many times, this kind of impairment also makes us forget to notice the fact that we do not hear so many normal sounds in our everyday lives - sounds that we probably did not notice even earlier. This may include the whirring of a fan, the whoosh of the air, the pitter patter of pets' feet and so much more. A hearing aid will help in bringing about an adjustment to these sounds that you will actually end up discovering again.
- Technicalities: The hearing aid basically works by letting your hearing and ears readjust to the various volumes, intensity and vibrations that one feels when different sounds reach the ears. This helps in hearing better.
- Amplification: A hearing aid is basically an electroacoustic device that fits in neatly behind your ear where it is tucked away from plain sight. This device helps in amplifying sounds so that you can catch them and hear them more clearly.
- Modulation: The ENT specialist will usually prescribe a certain kind of hearing aid based on your individual condition in terms of volume, size, power and circulation. These factors help in modulating the sounds in a certain way so that they reach the nerve pathways from the inner ear and travel to the brain in a proper and effective way. This is usually done in a customised way to cater to the specific type and cause of your hearing loss.
Using a hearing aid is a matter of retraining your hearing rather than restoring it completely. These aids will be helpful in regaining a better sense of hearing within the condition you are going through, rather than reversing the condition completely. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.