Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Vinod Kr DixitYour feedback matters!
Mere daant me dard hota hai jhou ki mere daant k upar mansude aa gaye hai aur masude subha mei sujh jate hai aur khana khate waqt dard karta hai agar koi food particle uss me lagta hai to.
I am 43 years old. I am suffering teeth sensative problems. Doctor adviced to root canal treatment. I did one teeth and I dont find relise pain. Please adv any tablets reduce my problem.
Hi, I am a 29 years old female and have mouth ulcer for last 2 weeks. What should I do? Please Suggest.
Good evening sir. I am 46 years old. I have been suffering from gums sensitivity from the past 10 days. It is difficult to brushing. Why it is happening? And please prescribe medicine for this problem. Thank u.
I am 60 yrs old frequently suffering from decayed teeth blackend and some cavities with sensitivity.
I have teeth problem. When I brushed blood comes. This is very old problem. My gums now leaving the teeth.
I am 38 years old and 20 days back I got braces on my teeth. Now from last 4-5 days I am noticing brown spots on my teeth and even my teeth look yellow then before. I have gum problem called periodontal and after orthodontics a flap surgery is suggested by the dentist.
I am suffering from sensitivity problem in front 4 teeth. I am not able to brush properly though using sensodine. What should I do to get rid of it?
Hi I had rct about a month ago and it took the dentist approx 10 sittings to clean the canal and fill in. I was advised to get the capping in next 20 days. The problem is I am still facing the sensitivity problem in the same tooth. Can anyone please suggest if I need to consult some endodontist or go for the capping?
I have a toothaque problem due to last teeth coming little bit in improper direction. What should I do.
Im suffering from mouth wound. Twice in a month due to lack of vitamin c. What should I do to avoid it? Suggest some points.
My lower right jaw is paining. I took vitamin C tablet and a flexon. But not much relief and now one of my nostril of nose is draining. What should I do?
I brush my teeth twice a day regularly. But still they are getting yellow. How to make them white and stop being them yellow further.
I am a 22year old male. I have a problem in my teeth. Actually my teeth colour has become yellow. Dentist cleaned my teeth many times then also after some time it becomes yellow. I clean my teeth daily in proper way. I don't smoke then also my teeth is in yellow colour. Pls help me to solve this problem.
My teeth is non sticky but looks like pale even I brush perfectly on morning time! But I am not brushing my teeth at night. Give me a perfect effective solution to reduce paleness.
A healthy set of teeth is essential for good living. However, teeth problems are widespread and you are susceptible to it at any age, at any time. Though there are medications available for tooth problems, sometimes extraction of the tooth remains the only plausible solution.
You may have to undergo tooth extraction for multiple reasons. Some of them are:
- Unaligned teeth: In case you are suffering from unaligned teeth, chances are that you may suffer from what in technical terms is known as "crowded mouth." In such a situation you have difficulty in eating as there is not enough room for the teeth in the mouth. Extraction of tooth, in this case, is the only way to rectify it and align the teeth in a better fashion.
- Infection: Sometimes if you suffer from a tooth infection, it tends to quickly spread to the pulp, affecting and damaging the blood vessels and different nerves. Though medications are available, if the intensity of the infection increases, extraction of tooth remains the only option.
Procedure: There are different steps that are involved in the extraction of teeth. They are:
- Local anesthesia: Like all other surgeries, administering a local anesthesia is the first step. If you are undergoing a tooth extraction, the dentist or the surgeon will inject anesthesia that will create numbness and soothe you of the ensuing pain.
- Cutting away gum and bone tissues: After the anesthesia, the dentist will proceed to extract the infected tooth. In order to do this, the doctor cuts away the gum and the tissues covering the tooth. After the root of the infected tooth has been exposed, the dentist would then with the help of forceps, sever it from the jaw.
After the surgery, you must observe certain precautions to expedite the recovery process. Some of them are:
- Take painkillers: After the tooth extraction, the possibility of suffering from an ensuing pain is incredibly high. Therefore, in most cases the dentist prescribes certain painkillers and you must take them regularly.
- Change the dressing: The operated area will be covered with bandages to preclude any infection. However, the dressing must be changed from time to time. If the same dressing remains for a long time, chances of an infection increase.
- Complete rest: After the extraction, you must take complete rest and not engage in any form of physical activity.
- Avoid certain foods: Just after the surgery, the operated area remains tender. Therefore, you must eat food that requires less effort to chew like soup, pudding, ice cream etc. You must also abstain from smoking and drinking for some time.