Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. Vinod KarhanaYour feedback matters!
Is there any definite treatment for Dsteoporosis for a patient of Kyphoscoliosi with severe impairment of Lungs?
I am 30 years old, doing job in police department, extra work and extra tension and also family tnsn, I am married n have a daughter of 1 n half years old, At present day by day I am losing my sexual life, what may be the reason behind? Any solution?
My mother is 75 years old, she has diabetes, she is very weak not healthy please suggest some healthy tonic or tab, and food.
Hi My problem is heart is paining upper side middle side lower side and back side at least 4 months and I am check on dtd. April .16 lipid profile . Normal report ECHO. Normal Report TMT. Normal Report ECG . On dtd 25. July.2016 Normal report MRI. C3. 4.5.6 and 7 nurvse roots r mild diffuse please advise this is heart related issue or a cerival problem please reply.
I have a problem in my ear. I can not hear loud music. If I hear so its pain very much. Please give me solution.
Hi doctor my question is that my uric acid level in blood has increased and it is 8.3 Due to this I am feeling pain in my left leg feet near the third finger from toe side What should I do?
I have bad stomach problem. I can't even digest any food easily. I had acute jaundice from last 2 months.
I have got a tight penis foreskin, that moves when in normal condition and the glans comes out but while erect, the glans doesn't come out much. The skin is attached with the the glans head but doesn't cause any problem urinating. Do I need a circumcision to prevent any problem in sex in future.
I need to increase sperm motility. I took sperm analysis 2 times, first time shows 30% and second time shows 10%. Sperm count is normal. Is there anyway to increase sperm motility. Please suggest.
I have sputum in my cough again and again since last two weeks what should I do or which medicine should I take
There has been an intense debate that has been in the loop for years and has been raging back and forth regarding the deficiencies of a vegetarian diet versus the perils of a non-vegetarian diet. This heated debate can be both accurate as well as unfounded. Probably, that’s the entire reason it is still a debate. In fact, if you take a deeper look into both groups of individuals and their dietary patterns, there is space for healthy living in both.
A vegetarian diet is a diet wherein the food intake of a person is confined to a large variety of foods derived from plants along with milk and dairy. However, any form of meat and products derived from animals are completely avoided.
- Vegetarians have been noted to consume lesser amounts of proteins, but they do not suffer from problems related to a high protein diet, such as osteoporosis (characterized by brittle and weak bones) and kidney failure.
- The diet includes high levels of antioxidants such as Vitamin E, vitamin C as well carotene, which are available in vegetables and fruits.
- Additionally, they consume lesser amounts of saturated fats.
- Deficiency of vitamin B12 is common among vegetarians, as they are available only in meat, eggs and fish. Deficiency of Vitamin B12 can yield rare symptoms such as increased fatigue, shortness of breath and a temporary loss of body balance.
- Lack of protein, as stated above, along with iron and zinc deficiency is also common.
Symptoms of protein deficiency can be troublesome; they include a sluggish metabolism, loss of body muscles (as the body tries to derive the regular protein intake from your muscles, thus making them weak), trouble gaining or losing weight, persistent fatigue, longer healing time of wounds and injuries, pain in the joints, drastic changes in the body’s blood sugar levels that might result in diabetes and a weakened immune system that makes you vulnerable to all kinds of diseases.
A non-vegetarian diet includes all forms of plant foods as well as foods and by-products that are derived from animals, such as poultry, fish, meat, etc.
- Vitamin B12 is present in adequate levels since they are derived from the sources such as meat, eggs and fish. Adequate intake of proteins is never an issue in a non-vegetarian diet.
- Meat products are loaded with saturated fats, which increase the risk of heart diseases. Studies have shown that people consuming non-vegetarian diets:
- Have shorter lifespan and are more vulnerable to chronic diseases.
- Tend to develop diabetes, heart diseases and hypertension.
- Usually non vegetarians eat less amount of vegetables and fruits than what is recommended.